Notices

The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

Old 11-26-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Happy thanksgiving Surfer

Is there a reason last Friday you were 54 days & 5 days later your 56 days ?

Spk soon bud
Good catch SW, I've been pretty screwed on the numericals lately I've been keeping them on 2 different calendars so I think I've screwed up the dates lol . With your inquiry I will go and check back to my last slip and check the official numericals. I have been so busy as of the last 2 months that the numbers haven't really been of consequence. Will have an accurate tally this weekend. Thanx bud.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Do your best

I wasn't sure if there was a reason bud no harm intended

Keep up the good work if I had one piece of advice it would be more regular check ins your a good dude Surfer

spk soon bud
Old 12-01-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Welcome to December SR aka The Anti Sobriety Month lol lol!

But I digress. The reality is that this is a tough month for those trying to stay sober because of its very festive nature. It seems that there's a celebration every day for the holiday season, end of the year, business year end parties, just because parties etc etc etc.

I must admit that last December was one of the very first I went the whole month being sober in years, no slips, no relapses including New Years. Very proud of myself for that and the aim is the same this year.

The aim of this is to check in and update and also give an accurate day count of where I am in my progress. I've been a little inaccurate over the past couple of months because I've been so busy, so I took some time to get an accurate count to start December with and move forward from there. So the precise number is 58 days including yesterday Nov 30. 58 days is the number I'm carrying on from into the month of December. Thanks to my friend Soberwolf for catching my discrepancy in my count.

I must say that I've been so busy getting things accomplished that I haven't been concerned about my day count but I must get back to the discipline of checking it at least weekly for my checkings. So onto December we gooooo, feeling good and soberly ( if that's even a word lol). Check you guys later.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

~~~Just a Check In~~~

Ola' SR, just wanted to check in here on this Sunday, The weather has been abnormally beautiful for this time of year. That said, I'm enjoying it and finishing off the year strong with alot of projects to accomplish for the end of the year. It is a busy time....hence the lack of posts.

Anyhoo, today makes 70 days, a nice round number lol, of the new beginning and feeling great. I must say this with a caveat though, truly i believe the mantra "Where your focus goes energy flows." Because of my busy schedule I've not been at many of the online AA meetings and also have been sparse here at SR. I can't say if that is the remedy and I'm not advocating it, but the less I'm involved with conversations and focus on alcohol the farther is is from my mind. I only find myself really thinking moreso about it when I'm in meeting or trying to add service here at SR.

Please understand that I will always post here because its always a haven for me and I will always give back to the community that has helped me over the past years. I have to see where the AA meetings will progress for me as I proceed, I think I will taper them to a couple of times a week and keep reading and following the material. That has helped me. Also, I am using another online resource to help at my pace and check in with that during the week.

So, middle of the holiday season and the Surfer is 70 days in and half way through the holidaze season. In the words of the late James Brown " I Feel Good" lol. Check back with you guys in a few days. Stay safe and sober.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

HAPPY NEW YEAR...HAPPY NEW "YOU" SR,

WoW!!! It,s been around a month I haven't checked in here...been extremely busy with life and the end of the year is a high productivity time for me. Again, I haven't been totally detailed to the day on my numbers but I'm working around 100 days....I believe it was 70 last checkin. The number isn't as important as how I feel, which is fantastic. I will come up with an accurate count for accounting sake by weeks end which I believe will be 100.

I have alot of positive things going on so my time has been minimal to post but once the schedule dies down I will do so. Blessings to you all and will check in later this week...time permitting.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

It's Been A looooong Time SR,

Just wanted to check back in with the community here, its been quite a while in between connections here. Just checking my last post and wanted to get an accurate count together as of today for the past couple of months being I lost count in just living and being extremely busy.

As of today 2/22/2016 I have 136 days of my new journey. If you've followed my journey I've had my beginnings, periods of sobriety and challenges along the way. Sober living is without question and individual journey and we all get there differently because our relationships with alcohol are all different.

Have I figured it all out? Resoundingly...NO!!! What I've never done is given up and gotten depressed after setbacks, I get back on the horse, learn and come here and get insight and advice and apply what I've learned to the next journey. That is what I can advise anyone here is too NEVER GIVE UP the challenge. Understand...there will be challenges and setbacks. Its not easy and I don't think it's meant to be either.

I thank God daily that I don't have a chemical dependency or addiction to alcohol and I pray for those that do. That's a difficult thing to deal with. I find for myself that everything for me starts mentally and once I get mastery of my mind in certain circumstances and my relation to alcohol....I don't desire it or need it in my life. For me its more mental than physical. Once you can beat anything mentally you have it beaten physically.

So, enough of my rant, just wanted to check in and will be doing so more regularly. Blessings to you all here at SR.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Surfer congrats on your sober time I'm going to include some useful links for you to have a read too

I wish you would post more regularly as your a friend but your staying in contact and that's important

Have a nice day Surfer
Old 02-23-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi Surfer congrats on your sober time I'm going to include some useful links for you to have a read too

I wish you would post more regularly as your a friend but your staying in contact and that's important

Have a nice day Surfer
Hey SW, great to hear from you my friend!!! Yes, my time has been very limited as I'm undertaking alot of projects and focused on some major moves in my journey. Haven't forgotten my community here, its just been a matter of priorities first and getting alot done in my 24 hour window.

How are things with you and your journey? Also, look forward to reading up on the links you provide. Speak soon.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Do your best

LOL I forgot to include the links silly me

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

My journey is going well I recently completed CBT therapy & I'm going to be tested at the hospital soon as I had a bit of pain in my lower left abdomen that stayed for 3 days and since a couple members of my family have crohns I want to make sure its checked out

My alopecia is 98% cleared up which I'm really chuffed about I'm coming up on 16 years together with mrs sw il be turning a thousand days in April & today life is good I read a lot & I'm still cooking good food lol

I wasn't pressuring you to be here more I know life is busy but as long as you remember you always have us here for support then il leave you with that

Hopefully spk soon bud
Old 02-23-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you again DSS

D
Old 02-27-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

LOL I forgot to include the links silly me

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

My journey is going well I recently completed CBT therapy & I'm going to be tested at the hospital soon as I had a bit of pain in my lower left abdomen that stayed for 3 days and since a couple members of my family have crohns I want to make sure its checked out

My alopecia is 98% cleared up which I'm really chuffed about I'm coming up on 16 years together with mrs sw il be turning a thousand days in April & today life is good I read a lot & I'm still cooking good food lol

I wasn't pressuring you to be here more I know life is busy but as long as you remember you always have us here for support then il leave you with that

Hopefully spk soon bud
Great to hear SW, sounds like life is going well and you and the wife are doing well. Also good to hear that health wise things are going in a great direction.

Understand, I didn't feel pressured at all SW, wanted to check in because everything has been very hectic recently and probably will be so until the Summer. But wanted to keep on checking in on my SR community and will be looking to post and help others more as the weeks progress. Speak soon.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent
Old 03-12-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Helllloooooo SR,

Hope this connection finds you all well. Da Surfer checking in on his 158th day of the new beginning. As I've stated recently, I've began alot of projects early this year so my schedule is tight but wanted to drop in and document my progress.

Just wanted to share a quick inspirational writing with you, as I'm apt to do to raise your spirits as it does mine and it's called "New Beginnings - Start Something New!" Njoy it.

~~New Beginnings - Start Something New~~

Carl Bard famously stated: “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning.”
Here are some suggestions to urge you to “New Beginnings” Start Something New!

Sing a new song; dance a new step; take a new path.
Think a new thought; accept a new responsibility; memorize a new poem.
Try a new recipe; plan a new adventure; entertain a new idea.

Learn a new language; blaze a new trail; enjoy a new experience.
Make a new fiend; read a new book; see a new movie.
Climb a new hill; scale a new mountain; launch a new career.

Find a new purpose; fill a new need; light a new lamp.
Exercise a new strength; grasp a new truth; practice a new awareness.
Add a new dimension; encourage a new growth; affirm a new beginning.

Discover a new answer; envision a new image; conceive a new system.
Dream a new dream; chart a new course; build a new life.
Open a new door; explore a new possibility; capture a new vision.

Start a new chapter; seek a new challenge; express a new confidence.
Write a new plan; turn a new page; follow a new direction.
Watch a new program; be a new person; radiate a new enthusiasm.
[William Arthur Ward]

~~New Beginnings - Start Something New~~
Old 03-13-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Surfer
Old 03-13-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Congrats Surfer
Appreciate it SW. Thank you for you continued support and friendship here at SR. Blessings to you and your family
Old 03-13-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats DSS

D
Old 03-14-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Do your best

Anytime Surfer
Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Helllloooooo SR,

Hope this connection finds you all well. Da Surfer checking in on his 185th day of the new beginning. As I've stated in earlier posts, I've began alot of projects early this year and things are progressing well, but it's also time consuming. Such is life when you are broadening your horizons and making alot of positive strides in life. No matter the schedule just wanted to drop in say hello to my SR community. progress.

Been doing alot of personal development for myself and others so I just wanted to drop this note on the Power of Now with you all here and hope it adds some value to your journey today.

THE POWER OF NOW

If you have hard work to do,
Do it now.
Today the skies are clear and blue,
Tomorrow clouds may come in view,
Yesterday is not for you;
Do it now.

If you have a song to sing,
Sing it now.
Let the notes of gladness ring
Clear as song of birds in spring;
Let every day some music bring;
Sing it now.

If you have kind words to say,
Say them now.
Tomorrow may not come your way,
Do a kindness while you may,
Loved ones will not always stay;
Say them now.

If you have a smile to show,
Show it now.
Make hearts happy, roses grow,
Let the friends around you know
The love you have before they go;
Show it now.

I urge you all to make use of the POWER OF NOW. Tomorrow is never promised. I will check back in when time permits. Blessings and guidance to you all.