Notices

The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

Old 06-25-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

The last time I did this was about a year ago and had quite the progress here but forgot my last username so while I try to remember that and the class I was in I used this new moniker. I saw on here that a user Eshgham used this daily log as a great tool for accountability and writing his feelings, cravings and thoughts etc… so I thought I would do the same daily. This is to get you caught up on my first 3 days thus far.

Day 1 ( Day 1 was pretty much sleep, recover and strategize and spiritualize)
Just wanted to lend some transparency here, the past 2 days have been rough for me. Slept alot on Monday after my last drink on Sunday night, was very unproductive, the early morning of Monday I tossed and turned and had alot of anxiety, didn't shower or shave all day and only drank water and fruits so the body got no real nourishment. Day one was tough but over now.

Day 2
Yesterday, was a lot better, had 2 meals, alot of fluids, shower, shaved, did some chores around my home, cleaned, laundry etc and made some needed calls to some great friends who spoke to me regarding my spiritual journey and my drinking journey. I really cherished the conversation and the candor. Read alot here and posted and ended last night with some light spiritual reading and prayer and had a good night's sleep.

Day 3
Today, feeling good and now have to get back into some sort of productivity because I have some major projects that have to be completed and the past week has not been as productive as need be and that was because of focus and drinking over the weekend. Breakfast, project work, reading and planning are the call for the day. Check back in later today with you all...Be great and sober.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today is Day 4 -

Last night I read and prayed before I slept and my mind was freed of a lot of clutter and anxiety. I choose to listen to a 2 hour sermon by my pastor from Father's Day on the topic "Men Do Fall Short" and it nearly let me to breakdown as he spoke on how we, as men, medicate ourselves with drugs, sex, alcohol etc to deal with our internal strifes and it really hit home when he spoke on letting go and letting God deal with our issues and trust in him and a like minded community instead of looking to medicate ourselves with substances....THAT REALLY SHOOK ME TO THE CORE!!!

After that I went to bed and had a great rest, If you don't know there is a big difference between rest and sleep. I can sleep but my mind is still at work and its just the body itself that is at rest but I may toss and turn many times throughout the night I call that sleep. Rest for me is when my mind is free, my rest is sound and I'm not listless throughout the night. The first 3 days of this new journey I slept, not well at all, but slept...Last night after listening to the sermon, praying and reading I rested for the first time this week.

Back to today, have a lot to do, and accomplish so I have to get to it, had 2 meals and alot of fluids yesterday and my goal is to get back to my 3 meals and 2 supplements per day as I was doing when I was training for 6 months from December to May before I derailed myself. So the goal is 3 meals and fluids today with some fruit. I'm feeling much better physically so I believe that to be very possible. I apologize for the length of this post but just expressing myself lol. Check back in later on today. Have a blessed, sober one All!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4 SilverSurfer
Old 06-25-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4, you sound positive, and I hope you have a productive day
Old 06-25-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Learning Again, as I stated before, I've done long periods of sobriety before so I know the drill from here. This is not territory I haven't covered before, I'm just tired of the perpetual cycle that I'm putting my life through here. Tired of the day 1's, the sabotage of the projects, relationships and true destiny of my life.

There comes a time when you really have to say ENOUGH!!! I'm better than this, I deserve better for myself, my family, my future and I'm better without alcohol in my life. I don't want to have to hit rock bottom to make a significant change, I don't want a tragedy to clue me into what i've known all along. So I see the pattern forming and I'm heading it off at the pass. ENOUGH!!!! I'm asking God for assistance and using whatever tools and resources necessary to accomplish this...it is now my priority #1...I can't say that was the case before.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back!! 4 Days is fantastic!!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok, getting into my evening routine for day 4 here, Already 2 meals in and preparing for my third and then watching the NBA draft and then some work and a supplement before my reading preparation for bed. Feeling rather good this evening as the fog has lifted from earlier in the week. Check in a little later on, the NBA draft should be interesting.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Getting ready to wrap up the day here in the East Coast of NYC. Had a good day productively and about to get in my 4rd meal a supplement drink and a banana muffin. Going to read and pray before I go to bed in an hour or so. Today was a good day. Day 4 in the books, I'm blessed. Day 5 awaits.....
Old 06-26-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go keep on keeping on Silver
Old 06-26-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you're back! Congrats on Day 4.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 5 commences... I had another good night of rest and I'm ready to take on the day. Again, I have to do some catching up productively from the work missed by the day 1-3 doldrums but my physical and mental state and ready to get it done. Lots to accomplish and plan over the weekend, so I'm putting my nose to the grindstone and getting to work. Check in with you all later. Wishing all a productive, positive and sober Friday. #Blessings
Old 06-26-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

They say Thank God It's Friday!!! I agree lol. Winding down a Friday with the memories that the last Friday about this time I was in the midst of a binge, on the way to an argument with a good friend and later to dance my troubles away with some more ale and music.

In my mind, I thought it was a good night on Saturday morning until I couldn't remember parts of the night before as they were disjointed in my mind ( a brownout) and calls to my friend were met with " You don't remember our conversation last night" I COULDN'T. Note to self immediately....You can't go on living like this...becoming too regular an occurance in your life over the past couple of years!!!

Fast forward to this Friday evening of day 5, very productive day, shopped for groceries, brought new apparel for my phase II training of the year which begins @ the gym tomorrow and had some great meals thus far. About to do some more work and read and prepare my plan for my workouts over the next week. Today was a good sober day....Day 5 winding down.......Have a great evening all. Day 6 awaits......
Old 06-26-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Surfer,
Way to go this week! Making it "priority #1" as you wrote has been the turning point for me as well.
I'm inspired that you are diving back into exercise; I should follow suit.
I hope your weekend is excellent.
d
Old 06-27-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Do NOT give the "weekend" another thought. It is simply 2 of 7 days in the week and...nothing more!

DD
Old 06-27-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
Do NOT give the "weekend" another thought. It is simply 2 of 7 days in the week and...nothing more!

DD
Agreed...Thanx DuhDave for the reminder
Old 06-27-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok....Day 6, had an early rise to the morning ( 5A.M.) had a great read for morning inspiration and great breakfast and went to the gym to start Phase II of my training for this year and really looked forward to it. Did an 1hr and 15 min of weights and cardio and felt great. Had a second breakfast and had to take a nap this afternoon lol. The workout and the new time caught me off guard lol. Anyway, great day thus far, have some cooking and work to do so will check back in with you guys later.

I will pass along a great quote by DuhDave from the earlier post I appreciated "Do NOT give the "weekend" another thought. It is simply 2 of 7 days in the week and...nothing more!" Go forward with it with a plan. Back later....
Old 06-27-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 6 concluding and another great one in the books. about to watch some boxing and read and prepare for morning workout and church. Day 7 awaits....
Old 06-28-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats on the first week DSS. What kind of training are you doing? I'm on a hybrid powerlifting/bodybuilding program at the moment.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning, Day 7 was very busy so didn't have a chance to post. Went to the gym early morning....great workout. Caught up with some friends @ a music festival and had a great evening and listened to some jazz music to end the night. Day 7 was a beautiful day.....

Day 8 begins with a great breakfast and alot of work to accomplish. will update later on have a great sober day my SR folks.