Notices

The update your all dying to hear lol

Old 06-25-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have you got a sober plan dennis
My plan, not drink, not focus on it, & get healthy & take care of my family. Everyone speaks of a plan & either I do not understand the meaning or the point.

Not trying to sound ignorant or rude but I've never "grasped" what a plan was other than not drink.

Dennis
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Will you be going to any of the farewell shows with Trey fronting?
As much as I'd like to, Clara is too far & chitown I've refused to ever set foot in since I gave my tickets up in '95. So nope I might hit one of the pay per view; but I have some serious issues w\ the circus things have turned into.

On a final note; I admire & respect Trey's ability as well as talent, but I feel he was nothing but a ticket seller. I don't see him fronting as much as filing in. Bobby\Phil I think will be fronting.

But like said I have issues w\ the way this has all played out & feel Garcia himself would be sickened & angered by the way John Kadlecik was burned in the whole process just to sell more tickets @higher prices.

On that note I'm sure it will smoke b\c after seeing Furthur its clear bobby\phil still gel so well ..

Dennis
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan of recovery whether its Aa Smart or Lifering etc having a plan for emergencies to help you before you make any decisions to drink

Willpower is not going to keep you sober and considering what has happened recently Dennis i really think a plan would benefit you massively

Do you read books on recovery ?

Check out these links

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html
Old 06-25-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post

As much as I'd like to, Clara is too far & chitown I've refused to ever set foot in since I gave my tickets up in '95. So nope I might hit one of the pay per view; but I have some serious issues w\ the circus things have turned into.

On a final note; I admire & respect Trey's ability as well as talent, but I feel he was nothing but a ticket seller. I don't see him fronting as much as filing in. Bobby\Phil I think will be fronting.

But like said I have issues w\ the way this has all played out & feel Garcia himself would be sickened & angered by the way John Kadlecik was burned in the whole process just to sell more tickets @higher prices.

On that note I'm sure it will smoke b\c after seeing Furthur its clear bobby\phil still gel so well ..

Dennis
I get where your coming from, I am not going to any shows either but maybe I too can catch some on pay per view.

I have seen Trey with his band and with phish and from what I have read it seems like a nice fit for this tour. I am sure it is of course a ticket thing since it always in the end is about the money. Still would be nice to see in person.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
quat

Glad the only wetness came from the rain. Gotta steer clear of the counters, not that that is news, just scary when it gets that close.
Last show I saw was in Pittsburgh, not sure of the year , before I was married so late 80's probably. Couldn't even finish, it was indoors we sat in the rafters and the acoustics and my fried brain started freakin me out, not even sure how I got out of the city, don't miss that aspect. But I do miss the outdoor shows , feeling the show, nothing like live music. Almost had a chance to see Furthur at Red Rocks recently , but last minute stuff screwed the pooch. Hopefully I'll get another shot.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Willpower is not going to keep you sober and considering what has happened recently Dennis i really think a plan would benefit you massively

Do you read books on recovery ?

Check out these links

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html
Thanx I'll look into them when I have time & bandwidth. Reading books on recovery makes me want to drink lol same as aa meeting's. Right now w\ all that I have going on, I haven't had time for much.

The liquor store was a cosmic event where all the stars aligned against me; & I won. That's how I'm looking at it for now. The same way the stars have aligned briefly for me to check in right now. Thanx all ...

Dennis
Old 06-25-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

They're not books Dennis - just links.
5- 10 mins reading tops.

D
Old 06-25-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
They're not books Dennis - just links.
5- 10 mins reading tops.