Old 07-09-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad to hear! 24 days is amazing.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
kgr

36 days

Wow. I never thought I'd be writing this, over one month sober. Life has drastically changed since I decided to abstain from alcohol, and I am in love with my decision, and respect myself so much more for it. There are definitely still things I'm working on. Quitting smoking, trying to eat healthier, exercise more. But one day at a time. I'm not happy yet, but I'm getting there. I will get there eventually. Xo
Old 07-21-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh, man, a whole month. More than a month! Congratulations.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So glad you checked in, kgr. Congrats on five-plus weeks!
Old 07-21-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Awesome on day 36, one day i woke up my left side of my body was shaking, i had drank a lot the night before and the only time i ever felt i should goto the hospital. My brother saw and told me it was anxiety, that was the first time i was scared from drinking alcohol in my life. Just to think at one time i was a casual drinker. Keep up the great work, it takes all of us to hit that bottom to RISE UP!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really pleased for you kgr

D
Old 07-21-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well done kgr. I just read this entire thread and was struck by the idea that time is going to pass no matter what. I was not part of this thread so I just saw the whole movie straight through till today.
You haven't wasted a second my friend! I'm really happy for you.
Don
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

It's good that I'm new and no one has ever seen me drink. I can't wait to tell people I don't drink for health reasons, and that's the lifestyle I choose to live. Then I'm holding myself to a standard and can't take it back.
Oh I was trying to Quote what you said . I thought it was a Good idea .

kgr - Very happy for you , I use this same reason why I can't drink . Which is true , but I did try to be upfront , but I didn't like the way some people looked at me. Makes it much easier to not have to explain my whole life .
Really like all your ideas to keep busy and stay on top of things . Way to go

Last edited by NestWasEmpty; 07-21-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: trying to get my wording fixed :)
Old 07-21-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Fantastic job. Be proud, stay strong.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
kgr

Day 47

To update my family and friends at SR: today is day 47!

I have had a few cravings. I got through a weekend with my parents, which was nice, however, I haven't felt comfortable to tell them yet that I wish to be and stay completely sober. So, two bottles of wine and a bottle of tequila sat in plain view for three days. And I didn't even sneak a chug. I was tempted a few times, but remembered why I am here. Remembered my low, laying in the hospital bed, feeling depressed and completely worthless. And remembered my pricey medical bill. Remembered my daughters laugh when I spend so much time with her the past sober, wonderful days. Remember her saying "no, mommy." (She wants me for everything now. Before I wasn't around.)

Thank you for the continued support. It means the world.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Congratulations!
Good that you're remembering!
When I forgot where I came from, I ended up going back there.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

You KGR are awesome Congrats on your 47 days bud
Old 08-12-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
kgr

Day 58

Almost two months since my last drink. I feel fantastic... Aside from my anxiety. I really do hope it subsides. I feel better about myself and am slowly gaining my confidence back.

I don't know why, but my anxiety doesn't stem from not drinking, it stems from the fear of death. The fear of the unknown. I was hoping this would get better once I stopped drinking. I haven't had any panic attacks, which is awesome, but I really want to kick the anxiety without medication as well.

Still going strong. No crazy cravings. I keep remembering my low and how I never want to, I never can go back there. I'm in the bathtub tonight with my Starbucks and not my wine.

Peace to my friends at sr. Couldn't do it without you.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 58 kgr
I hope your anxiety will get better - mine did.

was it there before you started drinking tho?

D
Old 08-12-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You are awesome!! Congratulations on your sober time I'm still figuring out the whole anxiety "thing", but sure has been much better when not drinking. Any one you could talk to professionally? Have you tried meditation....it's super hard for me to do but I"m getting much better at it...it helps quiet the monkey mind
Old 08-12-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
kgr

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on day 58 kgr
I hope your anxiety will get better - mine did.

was it there before you started drinking tho?

D
Dee - it was not there before I started drinking. It didn't get bad until I had become and knew I had become a full blown alcoholic. However, I also wasn't a mother, and I do think the worry consumes me. I hope it subsides as I continue my journey of recovery and sobriety. How long did it take yours to lessen?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
kgr

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
You are awesome!! Congratulations on your sober time I'm still figuring out the whole anxiety "thing", but sure has been much better when not drinking. Any one you could talk to professionally? Have you tried meditation....it's super hard for me to do but I"m getting much better at it...it helps quiet the monkey mind
That's a great suggestion. I'm not sure I even know how to meditate.... How did you start? Is it a part of your daily routine?
Old 08-12-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

There are some great articles about meditation here on SR. Here's one:

5 Essential Meditation Techniques

If you go to the search box here on the site and enter 'meditation,' you'll find lots of great resources.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I suggest surfing around on the internet for information/resources on meditation as there are so many different "ways". My first introduction was walking meditation....that I could handle...we all walk I do not meditate every day like many people do. I do, however, try to incorporate some quiet time in to my day at various times....sort of like meditation....it is a chance to gather my thoughts and direction.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I am not a fountain of advice at the moment but I wanted to offer you some hugs. We are all here for you.