Notices

Day one - again

Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 58, kgr.

Daily meditation to start and end my day has greatly lessened my own anxiety. Wishing you the best today!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by kgr View Post
Dee - it was not there before I started drinking. It didn't get bad until I had become and knew I had become a full blown alcoholic. However, I also wasn't a mother, and I do think the worry consumes me. I hope it subsides as I continue my journey of recovery and sobriety. How long did it take yours to lessen?
I've always been anxious so it was probably over a year that I noticed a discernible difference.

Today my anxiety is the best it's ever been and I attribute that to my recovery - not drinking, but also working on myself.

Give yourself a little time kgr

D
Old 08-13-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well, I just posted a similar post a few moments ago. I was in the ER yet again last night. My day one yet again also. I pray for you my friend.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
kgr

67 days

After 67 days, the urge to drink still hasn't overcome me. Sometimes I think "wow, this is so easy. Why didn't I do this before?" I'm probably being naive because I'm so new to sobriety, but I like to think that hitting rock bottom (I mean, really hitting and knowing it, not like other times when I thought I was there) changed me. Changed my perception on life. Anxiety still resides in me, mostly only at work, but it's getting better and I'm getting my confidence back. Slowly but surely. I can hear my daughter in a deep sleep and able to enjoy her breathing rather than be a drunk, unaware, oblivious hot mess. Praise God.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Amazing and so inspirational!
Old 08-21-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Remembering rock bottom is the something that has faded a bit now after day 103.

Having a plan is something people keep talking about here.

What is your plan again kbr?

For any old timer that reads this, what is your plan, and how do you work the steps?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
kgr

Today is day 68. On my nightly ritual drive to Starbucks, I began thinking about my journey to alcoholism, where it got me, and where I am today.

I'm 28 years old. I thank God that I hit my bottom when I did. I'm not talking about rock bottom when you think you might be there, but aren't really sure. I'm talking about rock bottom when I accepted that I absolutely had to change or else I was going to die. I was going to die... and all because of something I had control over.

I'm only 68 days sober, but my desire to drink does not exist. I'm not sure how I'll feel a year, a month or a day from now, but I know that right now, in this moment, that's where I am.

It's important for me to have a plan for success. Who I surround myself with. What I do in my free time. I feel like I have planned out a few things that I haven't followed through with (i.e. better eating, more exercise), but I don't like to think that I'm failing because I'm not following through, at least not right now.

This is a huge change for me, so emotional. I always hear people say "live with no regrets." It's funny because on one hand, I do and forever will live with regret. Regret that I was the culprit of failed relationships. Regret that I shunned my husband, who was only trying to help me. Regret that I missed a year and a half of my daughter's precious life... moments that I will never get back. But on the other hand, I don't regret the journey I've taken thus far, because without this journey to the choice of sobriety, I would be continuing to take the steps through life and never fully living it.

With all of this pain and regret, at least for me, it has led me to a place of refuge. And it's a place I never want to leave. So much work to do, but right now, in this moment, I am at peace.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 68 days kpr
Old 08-21-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congrats kgr, i just read this whole thread and got some really good pointers on why i should quit myself. Ive lost alot due to drinking and im tired of losing, i want to be in the winner circle.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
kgr

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Congrats kgr, i just read this whole thread and got some really good pointers on why i should quit myself. Ive lost alot due to drinking and im tired of losing, i want to be in the winner circle.

Best of luck to you!
Hi ghost face. Thanks for reading. I just read a few threads started by you. I also have had two DUIs. Unfortunately, they didn't stop me from my downward spiral. It took me wanting to live a meaningful life. I have faith that you can get there and will say a special prayer for you tonight. Sobriety is, hands down, the way to live. Actually, any other ways not really a way at all.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
kgr

Day 76

76 days into my journey and I feel better. I can definitely start to tell that the anxiety will eventually go away. I just feel it. It's greatly declined in the past few weeks and I hope that continues.

I just feel better all around. I've really edited my plan, and what it involves is getting out of the house a lot more. Spending the weekends doing fun things with my family. It's amazing what a little sunshine does for the soul. Happy weekend!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
kgr

80 days in a few hours!

Wow. I feel so proud. And so happy. Like I've really accomplished something... Things are getting better. Thanks for all of the support!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

80 days is awesome kgr

D
Old 08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

kgr-

Congratulations on your sober time! It really sounds like you are coming along nicely in your recovery.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 80 days Kgr
Old 09-01-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Eighty days is a great accomplishment. Congratulations, kgr!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congrats kgr. You sound really good.

It took nearly a year for my anxiety to completely disappear. I did a lot of spiritual work, ate well, slept at least eight hours. A lot of the healing is definitely physical. Worth the wait, though. I drank a lot of calming teas and if I got some exercise every day, it helped a lot.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
kgr

Thank you all for your responses and congratulatory words. I'm so inspired by all of you.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Kgr you have made my day congrats my friend
Old 09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
kgr

100 days strong

Almost forgot to post today. Days seem to go by much faster these days. But in a good way, like I can't get enough of family time. I still sometimes think about alcohol, but my life has drastically changed for the better. If I can do this, you can too. Stay sober!