Notices

Day one - again

Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
kgr

Day three - leaving hospital

Leaving the hospital today. Tests came back normal and liver function is normal (she's double checking because I truly can't believe that.) God is so good! I plan to go home, relax, take a bath and write in my journal, and also get some lose ends with appointments and such tied up, especially counseling.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgr View Post
Leaving the hospital today. Tests came back normal and liver function is normal (she's double checking because I truly can't believe that.) God is so good! I plan to go home, relax, take a bath and write in my journal, and also get some lose ends with appointments and such tied up, especially counseling.
Awesome news! Time to get to work eah? There are some super smart and experienced folks here than can help you tremendously. But it helps to actually listen to them and take action. Unfortunately that is where I have fallen short. Don't make the mistake I have, Best wishes to you.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
kgr

I've been researching things for recovering alcoholics to do and came across a spiritual massage therapist who specializes in addiction. I will be seeing him once a week as well as a private counselor. I'm so excited to start doing these fun things and getting my mind and body back to where they need to be.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Kgr
Old 06-18-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by kgr View Post
I need some help and ideas coming up with a plan. I am going to start counseling to deal with my emotional issues and check in daily on sr, continue to post and comment and read people's stories. I need help with suggestions on what to do in my free time, after work. I'd like to start reading self help, addiction and spirituality books in order to help my healing process. I'd also like to change my eating habits and start to exercise. Not heavily, but a little at a time.
lots of plan ideas here kgr:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5427764
Old 06-18-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm really happy you got a clean result from your medical exam.

Stay close to us here, maybe hit an AA meeting, and do start eating well - it will help you a lot.

Hope to see you around. It gets better.

oh. Spiritual massage therapy. That sounds awesome
Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
kgr

Day Four

Well, I miscalculated a day, today is my day four, but that's not what matters. What matters is that this is the first Friday in a long, long, long time that I am not drinking, nor do I feel the need to. I'm probably still on the "I'm so excited that I'm finally getting real about this" high.

I was going to go to the movies by myself tonight, but think I'll stay home and clean and catch up on some internet surfing and the Blacklist season 2.

I have an assessment scheduled on Tuesday during my lunch hour to see if they recommend intensive outpatient or simply counseling.

Had minor anxiety during a few meetings and face to face conversations at work. Not sure if that stemmed from the fact that I was gone because I was hospitalized detoxing, but they don't know that and I didn't want them to find out.

It's good that I'm new and no one has ever seen me drink. I can't wait to tell people I don't drink for health reasons, and that's the lifestyle I choose to live. Then I'm holding myself to a standard and can't take it back. It's like it's definite to my new co-workers and potential friends.

Have a great Friday!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hi kgr, if you read around this site you will find a saying from many that says "quitting is the easy part, staying quit is the hard part". Glad to hear your enthusiastic, great job. Keep it going eah?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
kgr

This is the first sober weekend that I've had in I can't remember how long. Thankful for all of you today. Thanks for your support! Another day... One at a time
Old 06-20-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Kgr
Old 06-20-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot for that link Hawk. Interesting (and scary) reading.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congrats Nice to see the enthusiasm
Old 06-22-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
kgr

Tomorrow marks one week of sobriety for me. I haven't been sober for a week for years.

This is just the beginning and although I'm excited and enthusiastic, I know that the road ahead will not be easy. It will be a fight. Yesterday I went to the mall by myself. Sober. I haven't done that for years either. And guess what? I had such a great time. Doing what I love to do, walking, shopping, and really spending time with sober me. Today after work I went to the store to pick up some extra hangers for my new clothes. Tomorrow is my alcohol evaluation and although I'm nervous, I'm excited to get extra support that I know I need.

I don't want to self diagnose, but I do think alcohol, in my case, is a psychological disease. I am not craving it but maybe that's just because I'm so early in this process. I drove past the liquor store I always would go to and the only reason I thought about it was because I was disgusted.

Thank you for your continued support!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
kgr

Today is day ten and I feel good. Looking forward to my second weekend in a row sober and enjoying some activities that don't involve drinking. It's so amazing to wake up in the morning not hungover and feeling good going in to work.

I'm grateful that my family will finally be here next week (I recently moved and they're still across country). Blessed to have been given a second chance.

Just wanted to share an update. All is well! Hope all of my friends here are well, too.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing the journey kgr. May God give you the strength you need at this time. I too have experienced that joy of sobriety that comes with getting your life back. Stay Strong and keep posting.

Blessings
Old 06-28-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
kgr

Day 12

So comes the close to my second sober weekend, and how wonderful it has been.

I've added a new part to my plan, and while it may seem insignificant, it's going to be a major part in keeping me sober, just like visiting SR and posting here will be. I think it's so important to keep a thread here to re read and remind myself of my journey; to not lose sight of the reason for my sobriety.

Yesterday I bought two journals. One for my daughter and one for my husband. I will be writing in them daily. My thoughts, feelings, reasons why I love them. So that I don't lose sight of what's really important, and so that I don't lose sight of why I chose sobriety.

Happy Sunday, all!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That's awesome kgr. I love journals. I have worked out some major stuff in my own personal journal

Congrats on Weekend #2.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 12 Kgr
Old 06-28-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep 'em coming kgr

D
Old 07-09-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
kgr

Day 24

I got through my first holiday without drinking - or even wanting to. My daughter and husband made the big move and living life without alcohol clouding me is surreal. Anxiety still lingers, but really only at work. I hope in time it will subside. I am doing well and enjoying life. I have a routine that includes cooking every night and family time. I never used to have that. Wanted to give an update and let my SR friends know all is going well!