Notices

Day one - again

Old 06-16-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kgr

Day one - again

I need some words of encouragement. Have reached a new low. In the hospital detoxing because it was so bad I felt like I was going to die. Still horrible feeling. Please pray that I can accomplish sobriety this time.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello kgr.. We all are with you and we are praying for you.. I was in the similar situation 2 weeks ago.. With support from all the SR friends, my doctor and my therapist and with the grace of God, I made through detox safely... You will be fine.. Juts take one day at a time.... It will be good idea to be part of 24 hours connection page , where we pledge to remain sober for coming next 24 hours..
Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

kgr... Try to be on this page.. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-63-a.html
Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Get some rest KGR. You know what you need to do from here on out.

You can do this! Lean on us as much as you can. We are here to support each other in this battle.

Be well.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've got us to lean on for support reach out whenever you need to! Hang in there!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 06-16-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi kgr. I've been there. Rest up. Use the opportunity to get a start breaking free. Use the links to make a plan. Inquire as to resources available to you. Hang in there.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Praying!!!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers your way... You can do this! Like another poster said above me, we are here to support each other in this battle.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there, prayers your way.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you made it to the hospital and back in here. There is a better way of life out there waiting for you. It starts right now with a daily commitment to not take that first drink no matter what.

I look forward to seeing you take hold of this gift of grace that's been given you and into a better life of sobriety and recovery. We're here for you!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
kgr

Thank you everyone. Your kind words and encouragement help me get through the minutes and hours.

I appreciate it... I will get through.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
kgr

Day Two

Wanted to give an update to all of my friends here. Day two in the hospital, and feel okay, just tired and pretty depressed. No anxiety really, just so sad and low that my life has come to this. Any recommendations on what has worked for you all with a solid plan to have to stay sober? I really need some help coming up with one. I have already started reading some books on alcoholism to familiarize myself with the disease, and I plan to see a therapist once-twice a week, but I don't feel that's enough for me. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Read up as much as you can on this forum and post often. I read a book called 'Under the influence' that helped me a lot in the beginning. Here are some excerpts from that book:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

Whats your plan for when you leave the hospital? Do you live alone or with family? In either case try to make sure that there is no alcohol in your house for when you return. Remember HALT( Hungry, angry, lonely, tired) every time you crave a drink. There's a good chance you are also feeling one of these if you are craving. If you find you are hungry eat and it will make the craving easier to handle and so on.

I'm sorry you are in this situation but at least you are detoxing safely and off to a good start. I remember how scared I was withdrawing. Hang in there and keep posting.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a little better kgr

what's your recovery plan look like?

D
Old 06-17-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For many treatment programming is what they need. Others attend support groups such as AA or other types. For me, counseling, attending AA meetings, and checking in DAILY on SR has been important. For me, not only do I need to check in daily, but I also need to be an active participant by responding to others post or starting my own thread like you have done. Glad to see you around again
Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
kgr

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you're feeling a little better kgr

what's your recovery plan look like?

D
I need some help and ideas coming up with a plan. I am going to start counseling to deal with my emotional issues and check in daily on sr, continue to post and comment and read people's stories. I need help with suggestions on what to do in my free time, after work. I'd like to start reading self help, addiction and spirituality books in order to help my healing process. I'd also like to change my eating habits and start to exercise. Not heavily, but a little at a time.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
kgr

I just want that happiness former alcoholics say comes with sobriety... The kind that only a recovering alcoholic understands, people say. The kind that you appreciate every small, minute detail of life.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgr View Post
I just want that happiness former alcoholics say comes with sobriety... The kind that only a recovering alcoholic understands, people say. The kind that you appreciate every small, minute detail of life.
Me too kgr. I had that kind of happiness once...when I was sober for over 5 years. I thought I was "cured" and relapsed. Now I'm searching for it again. It DOES exist but the only way to get it is to stay sober. We WILL get it!!! :-)