Notices

Day 1 of 100 day sobriety challenge

Old 06-12-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

Day 1 of 100 day sobriety challenge

Without wishing to spill out a heap of emotions, I have decided to remain sober for 100 days as the first step to banishing alcohol from my life.

I feel I have in many ways wasted more than 20 years of my life being ruled by alcohol. I was a severe binge drinker. Up until yesterday. Today I am hungover. Today is day 1 of my 100 day challenge.

I have had enough of not fulfilling my potential, being unreliable, having dozens of missing days of productivity each year and my alcoholic tastes were very expensive.

It would be great to get some support and encouragement on this forum as I am determined to complete the 100 days without a single drop and focus on my work and fitness.

I'll keep you all posted on how I am tracking
Old 06-12-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR
there's tons of support here - don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it

D
Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

Thank you
Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, looking forward to reading about your journey.:-)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Today is day 10 for me. I look forward to hearing more about your journey
Old 06-12-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do it! Stay focused and vigilant!
Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

Wow, thank you so much for the support already. I have finally chosen to be a lot more careful about who I keep company with to reduce the risk of 'triggers'. I think I have been scaling back on 'binge risk partners' for a while and the 'friends' I am left with I feel comfortable that I won't be made to feel guilty about joining in binging. Still leaves me with my one man binges at home which can be triggered by the smallest thing, even seeing someone having a drink on TV.. next thing I know the next week has been wiped out.

I can do and have done a week or so before without a drink but tbh, it's not good enough. Overall, it is still very destructive.

God it feels good to type some this sh*t out!!

Coming to the end of day 1 here in Australia and finished the evening of with ice-cream instead of beer and wine
Old 06-13-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Just concentrate on today. You'll get to 100 before you know it. Then you'll feel so good you'll want 101.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! This is a great place to be for support. I'm looking forward to hearing your updates!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, mebutmuchbetter. There is a ton of great wisdom and support to be found here.

If you haven't done so already, I highly suggest joining the Class of June 2015 thread that is found on this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are in the early stages of their recovery from addiction.

Wishing you the best!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Keep us updated mate, post everyday to reach for support and to check how you are doing. You can do this!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mebutmuchbetter View Post
:
I feel I have in many ways wasted more than 20 years of my life being ruled by alcohol. I was a severe binge drinker. Up until yesterday. Today I am hungover. Today is day 1 of my 100 day challenge.
I just passed 100 days sober. Like you, I drank too much for most of the past 20 years. Most of that was by myself, not going out to bars, clubs, etc....For the past 100 days, I have just taken it one day at a time and that seems to work for me. I check in here a lot with my March 2015 class and read other posts also and that helps me.

I would second CaseyW suggestion to join the June 2015 class--you will get a lot of support. I think accomplishing your goal of 100 days sober (and beyond) will be easier if you don't feel like you have to do it alone (which you don't).
Old 06-13-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 06-13-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
I just passed 100 days sober. Like you, I drank too much for most of the past 20 years. Most of that was by myself, not going out to bars, clubs, etc....For the past 100 days, I have just taken it one day at a time and that seems to work for me. I check in here a lot with my March 2015 class and read other posts also and that helps me.

I would second CaseyW suggestion to join the June 2015 class--you will get a lot of support. I think accomplishing your goal of 100 days sober (and beyond) will be easier if you don't feel like you have to do it alone (which you don't).
Thanks, I'll join the June 2015 class. My drinking was a split between drinking at home and alone in pubs. I am talking about triggers and trigger people in my recovery but I found I often used to create my own triggers and excuses to myself

Definitely one day at a time though today is day 2 and I can still feel the remnants of yesterday's hangover but I feel positive and I think I'll go for a bike ride to get out.

I think I joined this forum because I don't want to do this alone and but I also think that I have a lot of support to give to others too, obvs I have not proved that I can give up alcohol yet but I am a pretty supportive person
Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi, and yes, I think most everything and everyone triggered me during my drinking days. Good for you for getting to Day 2. You are not alone and you can do this for sure. You sound motivated and ready to make changes.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi and welcome! I think what you are doing with posting is terrific and I look forward to following it. I know you will find support and friendships here anytime you need it. Keep up the good work. ♡CR
Old 06-13-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Love your positive attitude, me. We know you can do this, and we'll be with you.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me. I too am a binge drinker. Sadly, I don't have any support at home- and I've returned to this site after a number of years.
You have a great attitude, and look at all the support you are finding here! Keep us posted, and share the things you find helpful.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Nice work much-better! It's after midnight here so I am officially on day 14. Keep checking it with CR- it will definitely help you keep focused. You can do it- everybody here is so supportive.