Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26 Pt. 2

Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

We are flooding in case you didn't know. People are dying.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I was bitten by a fire ant last night. My finger looked like a sausage.
Do they make spanx for fingers?

Hope you are safe from the flooding, AF.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Do they make spanx for fingers?
Ha! Yeah... the other fingers are laughing at the sausage finger.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Watch it if it starts to spread AF. I got sepsis from a bee sting on a finger one time.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I didn't.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Watch it if it starts to spread AF. I got sepsis from a bee sting on a finger one time.
Fire ants are wingless bees. So this is really a bee sting. I will watch it for sure. Thanks Della
Old 05-25-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I did not know that! This is why I love SR.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning.

I have never/will never try Spanx. This is one more reason why the ice cream can not be a regular indulgence.

Thanks for all the hugs. I don't know what I'd do without you all. You are the best.

Well done, everyone - for making it through some difficult times. Pouncer, good to see you. Della, I think you're a rockstar for making it through the wedding, Spanx or not.

Where's LBrain to comment on the thread-roll? I bet it isn't all that fun to type with a smashed finger.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Post card Intermission!

Having an interesting time figuring out the computer I purchased a few weeks ago. Only took me three days to learn how to upload and edit pictures......I think.

Anyway, post card from Della, Della, bo Bella.......

These are the Chimney Bluffs and they look lovely!!

Thank you for sending a post card Della!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
Scan 4.jpeg (25.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-25-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Rain here the last 21 out of 23 days. Mighty unusual. Some Flooding on County Roads, and in Washes. Nuffin' like down in TX.

- Texas Flood Pix Gallery -

- 'Flood Down In Texas' - Stevie Ray Vaughn & B.B. King -

In a 'Small World' coincidence, Da Wife just showed me this FB Pic below. Turns out it's from a W. CO Neighbor I'd met, but she hasn't yet. Looks like it was taken up Independence Pass on the way to the Ski Area Town of Crested Butte. This Road just opened a few days ago. The Rockies are still getting slammed with Snow. The yellow Plastic Pole signals the Snowplow Operators that there's a Sign/Obstacle there. That's how deep the Snow gets.

We had some Strawberries last night, all cut up and ready for action. So, while doing my Testosterone-laden bit of BBQing Ribs in between Rain Squalls, I put some Black Pepper on a few. Sho nuff, the Pepper makes the Fruit sweeter. Go figyah...

Another trick Recipe she wants to try on Toast is outta some Yup Food Mag: Peanut Butter - Orange Marmalade - Fresh Basil - Sriracha Sauce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Crested Butte.jpg (44.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 05-25-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

On day 8 now. Whew! Last night was easier but mostly because I was so physically tired. Had moderate cravings during the evening but they subsided after dinner. Fell asleep at 11pm (very early for me). That anxious period and "hollow feeling" in the evenings is really annoying. I cannot wait for it to back off at least to "secondary" levels.

Woke up a little groggy after 8 hours but coffee fixed that. Blood pressure was 121/76. I had to look at the screen twice. lol.

My twin daughters have high school graduation tomorrow so some family is descending today. Which is good because none of the ones staying the night drink. They know I'm off the sauce (I told them because of bp medicine) so they won't bat an eye or ask questions at no beer in my hand at happy hour and no bourbon after dinner. Today "should" be easy but certain family has a way of annoying me at times so my cravings may start early. lol
Old 05-25-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting the twins graduated MChill. If relatives get annoying or I'm having trouble at gatherings, I take a break. Five, ten minutes usually does the trick. Breathe.

Yes, there is flooding and disaster in Texas. My thoughts with those struggling. Some people have lost their homes. Some have lost their lives. Very sad.

Snow. Not missing it so much. Black skies, sun, clouds, clear, rain, wind. At the very same time. Very odd weather today.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks Ruby. I was thinking along the same lines. My dog may get many walks today. It's going to be hot and humid here today. I'd rather sweat and pick up dog poop than go down the rabbit hole of unabated annoying family conversations. haha
Old 05-25-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Art, did you get the bite while trying to save the bunny? ;( yesterday when the sun peeked out for a few minutes everyone in my neighborhood emerged for a few minutes of vitamin D.

Congrats on your daughters graduation, MisterC! Thank goodness you've got a dog, right!

Our annual neighborhood cookout has been moved indoors.......guess we'll make an appearance but something about being inside with all my neighbors makes me feel trapped! I'll probably find the kids and hangout with them a while. They usually need an adult to help pull off some pranks anyway.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Did you ever find that baby bunny, ArtFriend?

Della & Olive, the Chimney Bluffs are awesome - really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Sailing is something I'd like to try.

Didn't realize Texas was flooding! Drought in CA, floods in TX.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Art one of my first memories is having my legs covered with fire ants Ouch! Once again it's so nice not to be hungover.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Argh! My neighbors all have very neatly manicured lawns. Then there's Ruby's house on the corner. Mr. Ruby told me the lawnmower wasn't working. I thought it was jive to get out of yard work but apparently he was right. Sigh. I have an eco friendly rechargeable battery powered mower and it seems there is a short in the wiring because it's fully charged, runs full strength for two seconds and immediately dies. A trip to the shop is in order.

I've got other work to do but it is a shameful jungle.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Happy Sober Memorial Day, SR!!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Sitting here at home enjoying a prolonged coffee break and thought I'd check in.

Antsy about getting my truck back today. The mechanic said he'd call me "mid-day" when it's ready. 'Round here they aren't too precise with keeping appointments. I have to get some cash, then take an hour's ride to pick it up, then drive back. I'd much rather just get the whole damn thing over with ASAP and then enjoy the afternoon and sit on the terrace, watch baseball, and monkey around with my rooftop garden. That said, I have a 2-week vacation that starts next weekend so I am keeping things in perspective. I may need to take care of business on this holiday, but in 5 days I'll be in Costa Rica with plenty of chill time in front of me. Plus it will be nice knowing that I've got the truck back in working order before leaving, another checkbox ticked.

Good to hear you survived the wedding, Della! Sorry you had to deal with some feelings of guilt (or shame?) with so many others there. I felt very similar on some get-togethers back before I left Chicago. Showing up to my friends' place to watch the "big game" with a six-pack of seltzer water made me feel pretty awkward. I felt like a kid with a broken Big Wheel watching everyone else ride dirt bikes. I suppose I felt sorry for myself, to be honest. Maybe that's something that you can get over with time? If you don't feel embarrassed, people will see you've moved past the situation and they will in turn move on as well. Regardless, sounds like succeeded in taking a big step! Nice work.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hope you get your truck soon, BigS.