Old 05-25-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Sitting here at home enjoying a prolonged coffee break and thought I'd check in.

Antsy about getting my truck back today. The mechanic said he'd call me "mid-day" when it's ready. 'Round here they aren't too precise with keeping appointments. I have to get some cash, then take an hour's ride to pick it up, then drive back. I'd much rather just get the whole damn thing over with ASAP and then enjoy the afternoon and sit on the terrace, watch baseball, and monkey around with my rooftop garden. That said, I have a 2-week vacation that starts next weekend so I am keeping things in perspective. I may need to take care of business on this holiday, but in 5 days I'll be in Costa Rica with plenty of chill time in front of me. Plus it will be nice knowing that I've got the truck back in working order before leaving, another checkbox ticked.

Good to hear you survived the wedding, Della! Sorry you had to deal with some feelings of guilt (or shame?) with so many others there. I felt very similar on some get-togethers back before I left Chicago. Showing up to my friends' place to watch the "big game" with a six-pack of seltzer water made me feel pretty awkward. I felt like a kid with a broken Big Wheel watching everyone else ride dirt bikes. I suppose I felt sorry for myself, to be honest. Maybe that's something that you can get over with time? If you don't feel embarrassed, people will see you've moved past the situation and they will in turn move on as well. Regardless, sounds like succeeded in taking a big step! Nice work.