Notices

A Newcomer's New Day

Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Changing your routine can help. I know you're dependent in a way on what your bf does but it might just be the difference between sitting around and not sitting around that makes the difference? we'll be here too D
Good Morning! You are right D. I have already decided that I am going to spend Friday eve after work in a book store with a latte in hand until the fiancé gets home. Few things in life do I love more than a good book, but since graduation and the new Job I haven't had time to do anything like that. I've spent my free time drunk or too hungover to read. New weekend, new hope!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Dear Friends.

I appreciate every post. Everyone has an understanding of what I am going through, and I feel such support in that premise.

It's day 4 and I feel even better. Of course it's the weekend I fear, but as each of you have said, channelling the cringe into productive inspiration not to drink is pivotal.

I still cringe, and the urge to cry still exists. In an odd way I feel the pain I've cause myself and others is a sort of retribution to the pain I've caused in order to party. Such a loss.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlGoneBad View Post
Good Morning, Dear Friends. I appreciate every post. Everyone has an understanding of what I am going through, and I feel such support in that premise. It's day 4 and I feel even better. Of course it's the weekend I fear, but as each of you have said, channelling the cringe into productive inspiration not to drink is pivotal. I still cringe, and the urge to cry still exists. In an odd way I feel the pain I've cause myself and others is a sort of retribution to the pain I've caused in order to party. Such a loss.
I think your plan for Friday sounds brilliant and I completely understand about missing out on reading. I set a reading target every year and in 2013 I hit 150 books, then 2014 was maybe 50. It sounds stupid but when I realised that I thought "wow, this might be a problem"!

You don't deserve to live in pain or unhappiness, onwards and upwards :-)