Notices

I really can't believe it.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really can't believe it.

I did a little thinking today I've been living in my apartment with my family a little over a year and this weekend was the first weekend i was sober living here . I'm astonished to even think that really. But what a weekend it still went by just as fast back to work tomorrow but wow it was great no hang over no moping around I got so much done. And I heard some good news today my father who's a raging alcoholic hit his bottom and went to a rehab center today I'm not sure if my sobriety helped him but I talked with him a lot yesterday about it and today he went to rehab in a way I hope it did help the times that I did see my father sober he was one of the greatest guys I ever met which wasn't many . I really want to change my life around because growing up with an alcoholic as a child isn't pretty and I want to be there for my son. He's 2 years old I need to change now I remember all the broken promises and I never want to do that to my child . Everyone else who is struggling I hope you get the help you need and keep going with your sobriety it's not easy but day by day is all you can do.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree sobriety is the best gift you can give your family!
Old 04-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Isn't it wonderful to start the workweek not hungover? Congrats on your decision! And happy that your father is getting help too. Breaking the cycle is difficult, but a wonderful thing for your son.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be the first time I'll start a work week not hungover and it's going to feel great a nice clear head not foggy and just going three motion waiting for the day to be over . So excited for this summer hopefully lose this beer belly and some extra weight after all these years of drinking .

Since I haven't drank I actually know what I'm doing and my brains working being foggy all the time I felt like a big dummy.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great to read FYMS

D
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foryoumyson View Post
Tomorrow will be the first time I'll start a work week not hungover and it's going to feel great a nice clear head not foggy and just going three motion waiting for the day to be over . So excited for this summer hopefully lose this beer belly and some extra weight after all these years of drinking .

Since I haven't drank I actually know what I'm doing and my brains working being foggy all the time I felt like a big dummy.
That is wonderful. When I first started going to work not hung over I was amazed at how easy my job was! And I actually liked my coworkers!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
That is wonderful. When I first started going to work not hung over I was amazed at how easy my job was! And I actually liked my coworkers!
....laughter. Just as well it wasn't the other way round.....
Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff FYMS