SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I really can't believe it. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365156-i-really-cant-believe.html)

foryoumyson 04-19-2015 06:38 PM

I really can't believe it.

I did a little thinking today I've been living in my apartment with my family a little over a year and this weekend was the first weekend i was sober living here . I'm astonished to even think that really. But what a weekend it still went by just as fast back to work tomorrow but wow it was great no hang over no moping around I got so much done. And I heard some good news today my father who's a raging alcoholic hit his bottom and went to a rehab center today I'm not sure if my sobriety helped him but I talked with him a lot yesterday about it and today he went to rehab in a way I hope it did help the times that I did see my father sober he was one of the greatest guys I ever met which wasn't many . I really want to change my life around because growing up with an alcoholic as a child isn't pretty and I want to be there for my son. He's 2 years old I need to change now I remember all the broken promises and I never want to do that to my child . Everyone else who is struggling I hope you get the help you need and keep going with your sobriety it's not easy but day by day is all you can do.

Bailey3 04-19-2015 06:42 PM

I agree sobriety is the best gift you can give your family!

GroundhogDay 04-19-2015 06:47 PM

Isn't it wonderful to start the workweek not hungover? Congrats on your decision! And happy that your father is getting help too. Breaking the cycle is difficult, but a wonderful thing for your son.

foryoumyson 04-19-2015 06:56 PM

Tomorrow will be the first time I'll start a work week not hungover and it's going to feel great a nice clear head not foggy and just going three motion waiting for the day to be over . So excited for this summer hopefully lose this beer belly and some extra weight after all these years of drinking .

Since I haven't drank I actually know what I'm doing and my brains working being foggy all the time I felt like a big dummy.

Dee74 04-19-2015 07:39 PM

That's great to read FYMS:)

D

MelindaFlowers 04-19-2015 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by foryoumyson (Post 5327236)
Tomorrow will be the first time I'll start a work week not hungover and it's going to feel great a nice clear head not foggy and just going three motion waiting for the day to be over . So excited for this summer hopefully lose this beer belly and some extra weight after all these years of drinking .

Since I haven't drank I actually know what I'm doing and my brains working being foggy all the time I felt like a big dummy.

That is wonderful. When I first started going to work not hung over I was amazed at how easy my job was! And I actually liked my coworkers!

canguy 04-20-2015 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers (Post 5327303)
That is wonderful. When I first started going to work not hung over I was amazed at how easy my job was! And I actually liked my coworkers!

....laughter. Just as well it wasn't the other way round.....

Soberwolf 04-20-2015 01:40 AM

Good stuff FYMS