Notices

Last drink was Saturday evening

Old 04-13-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SDH73 View Post
Just a thought here, Thomas. If it's a problem then it's a problem, whether it's a "want" or a "need". And if you find that you are still drinking despite your desire to not do so, that would seem to indicate that it's a problem, yes?
Missed this first time around. Yes, I would agree with you.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Is it possible to experience mild withdrawal drinking one and half to two days?
Depends on how many times you have detoxed and how much you drank this time around.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
You've been posting long enough to have seen posts that state, "Acceptance is key," or "I had to accept I had a problem before I could stay sober."

You accept you drink too much, but fail to accept the depth of your problem. Saying it's a just problem with discipline, or just a problem about not having enough will power, will keep you from attempting beneficial recovery methods and have you chasing your sober tail for a long time.
I agree with Carl here. In my experience, I couldn't get clean until I actually believed I had a problem. My friends told me to slow down. I got hints, nudges, and pushes to stop drinking. My best friend told me she thought I was an alcoholic. I blacked out constantly. I drank weekend mornings. I was taken to the hospital with withdrawal seizures....twice. Yet when a counselor told me that he thought I needed treatment, I thought he was crazy!

I went to work 5 days a week too, Thomas. A job doesn't make you functional. Just because you're showing up doesn't mean you're lighting the world on fire with your ideas there. Take a hard look at your situation and figure out what you need to do to get back on track. I'm guessing a good start would be to find some new Friday and Saturday night habits. What changes can you make in your weekend routine?
Old 04-13-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You ask what changes can I make to my weekend routine, well, that is my weekend routine. That's the problem.

I am keeping an eye on Dee's thread about creating a sober plan.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

here 'tis

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

There's no reason why you can't have had your last drink Jeff - if you want it to be, and are prepared to work for it a little

best wishes
D