Notices

Can't sleep. So anxious

Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Half way through day 5..and i'm still sober!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yay Para!! Keep going!
Old 04-14-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 5 sober. A majority of the anxiety is gone (my hands still tremble a bit). I don't have the insane urges to eat anymore. Now it's the opposite.
I'm nauseous and whenever i eat, I feel overly full and like I seriously need to burp. Also my head feels tight. I feel like i'm catching a really awful flu.
Anyone else go through these symptoms of withdrawal?
Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You might want to check with your dr. ...I don't know what that could be. Maybe you are getting sick?
Old 04-14-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Nice job on day 5, your still in withdrawal I went through similar symptoms like shaky, hunger, panic ect. Given time it all goes away.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Evening of day 5 and still sober!
My stomach is full of knots and butterflies, and I know this feeling so well...it's when my AV says, the knots in your stomach will go away if you just have one drink!
Hate this feeling.
I think I'm going to hit the sack extra early. I just want the day to be over!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through and ignoring that AV, Para. You're doing great! The anxiety will keeps on easing up the more sober days we put in. At least, it did for me.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Yesterday, after a week of sobriety, I drank again.
I feel like a failure and a hypocrite. Here i am giving support to others, yet why can't I follow my own encouraging words to others!
I will get up and try again. And I feel as if yesterday strengthened my resolve to get sober again.
I will stay sober.
And I will be on SR, just won't be posting too much. I just need to stay quiet and read.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your back
Old 04-18-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My sleep issues lasted about six weeks, slowly subsiding each week. Now they are totally gone.
I would sit and watch TV all night, then have to go to work! This is what I think about when my AV kicks in. I'm not going through the insomnia again!
It gets easier. Stick at it!
Old 04-18-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Great to have you back!! You can do this Para!!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Para View Post
Yesterday, after a week of sobriety, I drank again. I feel like a failure and a hypocrite. Here i am giving support to others, yet why can't I follow my own encouraging words to others! I will get up and try again. And I feel as if yesterday strengthened my resolve to get sober again. I will stay sober. And I will be on SR, just won't be posting too much. I just need to stay quiet and read.
I haven't been around since before this happened and I was looking back through your earlier posts about the first symptoms of withdrawl you were facing and then I noticed the sneaky AV helping you to doubt yourself:
I did hear my AV quite a few times during the day, but it wasn't so strong. It was kind of weak. But I do know it can get stronger if I let it.
My stomach is full of knots and butterflies, and I know this feeling so well...it's when my AV says, the knots in your stomach will go away if you just have one drink!

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 05-01-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CelticZebra View Post
Originally Posted by Para View Post
Yesterday, after a week of sobriety, I drank again. I feel like a failure and a hypocrite. Here i am giving support to others, yet why can't I follow my own encouraging words to others! I will get up and try again. And I feel as if yesterday strengthened my resolve to get sober again. I will stay sober. And I will be on SR, just won't be posting too much. I just need to stay quiet and read.
I haven't been around since before this happened and I was looking back through your earlier posts about the first symptoms of withdrawl you were facing and then I noticed the sneaky AV helping you to doubt yourself: I did hear my AV quite a few times during the day, but it wasn't so strong. It was kind of weak. But I do know it can get stronger if I let it.
And this later post which I think is the AV using the anxiety against you: My stomach is full of knots and butterflies, and I know this feeling so well...it's when my AV says, the knots in your stomach will go away if you just have one drink!
I think it would be useful to finish the idea; one drink = anxiety TEMPORARILY relieved, or so it seems yet an endless trap has been set into motion again as the FALSE relaxed state of that first drink or two sets the AV's illusion whilst simultaneously causing the drinkers normal levels of anxiety to RISE whilst believing in this notion which is pure AV.
I believe it's possible to 'urge surf' those times of anxiety when AV is strong e.g. The first few weeks of abstinence.
I put my faith and trust in myself, even when I still had doubts that I couldn't commit to lifetime abstinence, I made a promise to myself I would never drink alcohol again, I'm keeping my sincere oath, I never drink.
Hope you find the way through Para x
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Sorry about the double post, I took too long to edit the post so I've messed it up a bit!
Anyways hope everybody is doing ok in their journey to beat their demons and anxiety
Keep on keeping on x