Notices

But I was sober

Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The way I see it briar you can decide to quit now and save yourself and your loved ones a lot of grief, or you can keep trying to make drinking work and have to quit later when the bottom falls out of your world. Either way you have to quit. D
You know you have to quit at some point or die young.

You gave a valiant effort the first time. I just don't think it was enough time.

I thought I was born to drink and drug too btw.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your original post reminded me of when I was in a pretty deep funk. Don't funk yourself in to drinking. Drinking is never worth it....sobriety is
Old 02-13-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm sitting at my desk trying to work. Hungover, so logical progression...fairly f***ed up. I could be fired on the spot for this. This is so stupid. This is worse than last time. I can't believe I've done this. But all I can think is I need to sober up enough to drive in an hour so I can buy a couple more handles at lunch. I'll need them for the weekend. WTF am I doing?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to keep posting here when I'm drinking. I just don't have anyone else to talk to.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Do you really want those handles?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Kinda freaking out at the thought of not having them.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

YOU don't need them. Try to step outside of yourself and differentiate yourself with your AV. I'm sorry that you are in such turmoil but remember that life is like a pendulum, it just depends on you when it is going to swing back.

I send you good vibes Briar. Don't give up.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

As time goes on the pain, difficulty and hurt of drinking and staying drunk only gets worse .

A sober life can be painful and difficult but it is worthwhile .

m
Old 02-13-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

*Hugs* Briar!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
AA.jpg (10.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 02-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

All I would say is what is the alternative?

When that realisation of I either keep trying or I go back to my life of misery consumed with alcohol, with my life prospects being cut short, that's when I knew there was no alternative!!

When I was drinking the planning, the preparation, the mental organisation, the stress, the anxiety of facilitating my drinking was like a full time job making sure I had enough to drink each and every evening, imagine if all that energy could be harnessed and focused on Sobriety!!

It's not easy in the beginning, but with time things get better, for me it wasn't days, weeks, or even months, it took quite a while to unchain the hold alcohol had on me and for my body to finally adjust and heal from years if not a decade of drinking!!

You can do this!!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i hate that you are dealing with this briar. didnt notice how long you had gone sober, but maybe it just wasn't long enough to get through the funk? after 1/2 year, you should be reaping enough benefits to make the sober choice obvious.

also i noticed that you said you put up a fight, and then just "snapped". did you have a "lifeline" to use? -someone you could've called and told you were ready to give up?
Old 02-13-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am so thoroughly confused and conflicted right now. I went to a recovery meeting this afternoon, but I stopped at the store on the way and bought vodka. I was honest at the meeting about some of what's been going on, and there was much talk of reaching out for help. For someone who shamelessly seeks attention and pity, I suck at reaching out for constructive support. I don't get it.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Briar, if you can't seem to break this cycle on your own, have you considered a medically supervised detox? It is a long weekend; you could start now. Have someone take you to the ER?????
Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone's conflicted at the start whether they're brand new tp recovery or coming back from a relapse.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble asking for help.
I was never good at that either, but I had to learn to be.

rooting for you to dump the vodka, Briar

D
Old 02-13-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you spoken to your husband yet? If you need to confide in someone and be honest with him that might be a good start. You appear to be in heavy, heavy denial of the seriousness of the situation, and while posting here is a positive step it is truly virtual and anonymous. You may need to let someone else in to help you at least get started as you are taking no action yourself. Please don't wait until you are forced into something agsinst your will.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Have you spoken to your husband yet? If you need to confide in someone and be honest with him that might be a good start. You appear to be in heavy, heavy denial of the seriousness of the situation, and while posting here is a positive step it is truly virtual and anonymous. You may need to let someone else in to help you at least get started as you are taking no action yourself. Please don't wait until you are forced into something agsinst your will.
I haven't. I don't know what to say. The last time I told him I was struggling was when I was still sober, and he got angry. I'm in a lot deeper now. I still feel like I can get this under control. I see both sides. I think I can stop this, I hate this, but I've got three gallons of vodka in my bathroom and I'm f***ing delighted by that. I think I can stop. I don't know how or when, but I think I can stop.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

For you Briar!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I can't believe I'm doing this. It doesn't seem real. Like I'm in some parallel universe watching my life go on as usual from the other side. Everything looks fine. Everyone's okay. It's fine.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I haven't. I don't know what to say.
How about this. "Please help me. I have a major drinking problem and I want to stop"