Notices

Guess I'm finally hear.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Guess I'm finally hear.

Hello all,
spent a whole day browsing this forum a couple weeks ago looking for help. I saw alot of help full posts. Things have made it so that I have to get sober. Been a hard few years. I'm extremely drunk right now. I understand most of you folks have prolly moved on. But if you could spare the time I would appreciate it. I want to stop drinking. I'm scared about the DTS and all of that. I have found that if I were to stop, then I would have nothin to do with my time. I looked for an AA meeting but it seemed so complicated and I never really found a good contact to start out. I hope someone here can't help me. I will do my part now and turn the tables. If your reading this and are thinking about giving up the drink. Please do so. I've seen what it turns us into.
I just wanot to find the first step. With all respect please help me.
Thank You
Old 01-19-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR vendetta - I'm so glad you decided to join us.

I was drinking all day when I found SR - I really didn't see how I'd ever stop. Once I opened up on here and shared my story, I felt much more relaxed about the idea of quitting. Everyone here understood how I felt and wanted to help. I hated the person I had turned into too - but she's gone now - and I've grown and changed. You can get free.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I started my journey 28 days ago, and feel amazing right now. I decided to go cold turkey after a 6 day bender, and at day 3 of not drinking had to go to the hospital because my blood pressure spiked to 198 over 140. The doctors got my blood pressure under control and by day 7 I felt better than i had in a long time. I would suggest seeking medical help before you try to quit cold turkey. It didnt feel like it was going to get better but i hung in there and the sleepless nights and miserable days subsided.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hey vendetta,

Welcome and good for you in taking the first step toward getting sober.

You will find so much support here.

Hang in there you're gonna figure this out
Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello, vendetta, and welcome.
since you're worried about DTs, you probably have reason to.
please get medical help for that.
if you want to go to AA and it gets complicated, get their local number from your phonebook or the internet and call. they can probably send someone to pick you up and take care of that.
coming here is a great first step.
take another and make that call.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Holly ****. Thank you more than you know. I honestly didn't think I would get a response.
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi vendetta, and welcome. You are among friends and everyone of us started where you are at, and we never move on from helping others. We are all in this together, no matter the stage we are in.

You have taken the first step, you posted here. The second step is to stop drinking. If you are worried about DT's, see a dr because it can be horrible and there is no reason to go through that without medical help.

As far as being bored etc, well we can work you through all of that, just give it a chance. It isn't easy, but it sure isn't as hard as it seems while actively drinking, and a damn sight less hard than being drunk every day. trust me on that, i know

Feel free to post all you want, get your thoughts out there. Here, there is no judgement simply based on the fact we are all here because of similar issues.
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, vendetta, to SR. You will find support, understanding and encouragement here.

There are many ways and techniques to achieve and maintain sobriety; finding the one that is right for you is key.

If you are concerned about DTs (and even if you are not), I would suggest discussing your drinking and your plans to stop drinking with your doctor. Withdrawals can be dangerous.

Glad you found SR.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Vendetta

The first step, if you're worried about withdrawal or DTs should really be your Dr. Not everyone has problems, but it might be good to put your mind at rest...

why not join our Class of January support thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-3.html

D
Old 01-19-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So what do I do now?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Still figuring out how to use the forum.
So sorry for any errors.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I would try to be with or around someone until you can see a doc and discuss a plan of action to getting yourself through the early days. I submerged myself in this site and AA meetings. My first AA meeting all i could do is stare at the door talking myself out of sprinting towards it... but i stayed, listened, and went back. How much and how long have you been drinking?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
Holly ****. Thank you more than you know. I honestly didn't think I would get a response.
There is so much support here.... I am just 4 months into my sobriety and I am still amazed at the friendship and support I get here, just by making a, "I need help" post.

finish the night my friend, drink some water and eat something tonight if you can. REST. tomorrow first thing come here and read. If you are reaching your hand out for help out of the alcohol hole, be prepared for more hands than you know what to do with.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the support?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Still figuring out how to use the forum.
So sorry for any errors.
No worries, just post your thoughts. Tomorrow will be easier since you are drinking tonight. Hang in there. That light you see at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

No I can't stop yet. I need to learn here what to expect.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

SR can be a great resource and tool. Log-in often. Read around the site; read posts, reply; start your own thread if you like.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I may be drunk but I'm not stupid. I need to come back here when I'm sober.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Vendetta, the ER can help with a medicaly supervised detox, too. There is no need to suffer or to take risks.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No I can't stop yet. I need to learn here what to expect.
That's ok, just focus on your goal of not hurting yourself. We all want it now, but it takes some time, so take some time, ok?

Sadly we don't get to just stop, it takes some planning, start there. I started planning while still drinking if that makes sense. Once I had a plan of sorts I jumped in. took a few jumps so don't pressure yourself. If you come to the conclusion you want to stop your current activities, listen to the advice here.

Can you come back tomorrow sometime before you start drinking and read this thread again? You will feel like ****, but do it, it will tell you a lot and there is a way out here.

Michael