Notices

Stay sober New Years thru the weekend! Dec 30-Jan 4

Old 12-30-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to 2015. When I feebly climbed on my first sober bus ride the beginning of October I am here to say , thank you !!! You got me to where I am today
Old 12-30-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post Weasel. I am praying and working hard to maintain early sobriety through a time I most associate with using and drinking. I don't have much positive to carry into a new year except my current sobriety and some tough lessons learned. I hope all have a blessed holiday
Old 12-30-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

All right, I'm in. I don't recall EVER waking up without a hangover on NYD! I know I must have when I was a kid, but I can't remember. Wow! Let's do this!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. We will be celebrating with sparkling grape juice tomorrow. I bought canned spray cheese as a special treat, stocked up on seltzer, and plan to make some artichoke spinach dip. I plan to put on music. I may put on shaun t's dance party if I feel the need to dance.
I am also debating doing a 5K on new year's day. Usually I was still sleeping when the race happened.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

a pic I took during a walk on Sunday, saw a buck walking back - sun was already set and it was misty rain...
off to bed soon - might get up early and go out in 18 degree temp to sit in tree - sober!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_8202.JPG (40.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-30-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Clay if you only knew what I was going through last year at this time. I made a resolve to quit drinking the day I lost my job right before xmas. It was a rough period. I just got a year sober under my belt. Look at the positives. Think of what will be and what you can become. The past is gone.

And everyone else who will be celebrating life sober this new year's day. Imagine waking up and not feeling like crap. And every day thereafter. Nothing beats it.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hey this is a great thread successful so far

Happy nye to all

V
Old 12-30-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey vander, glad you're here.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Awesome picture Brain! Thank you for sharing.

Okay. Here's the deal. When we use and we lie about it, we are not only letting ourselves down but we are hurting our families. The ones we love and who love us. It's disappointing and sad. Mr. Ruby used today. I don't know if it's the approaching new year. I don't know if it's angst that he turns 40 soon. I don't know. He got sober right after Christmas last year. After I kicked him out. He stayed straight until right after thanksgiving. One night and then nothing. Now today. He will now be up all night probably. He's home. But then I will worry that he will give in and go back out tonight. I can't lose sleep over it. I can't drink over it. I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm just saying. Just say no. Really.

One thing it reinforces? I am deeply and truly grateful that I have you all. Makes it a little easier. I had a half a second flash of hey! I can(t) drink now! It was a twisted together flash of yes and no at the same time. I'm healing. I'm not even mad, angry, worried. I'm concerned but I know I can make it.mmits tougher without mr. Ruby but I know I can do what i need to do. I have support.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I was sober for the last 2 nye 2013 and 2014 and they were great after 18 pretty productive months feeling good I just had six months of drinking and nothing good came of it . I'm back on track sober for 3 days now and the only thing I'll be binging on nye is Netflix ) I choose to stay on the sober bus to success !!! Wishing all good things for everyone in 2015!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well done for not giving in, Ruby!

Lovely photo, Brain!

Just now catching up on all the posts here. An entertaining read. I love being part of this whacky family.

Never was a New Years Eve kind of chick, might stay up until 9:30 instead of 9. Just to be a rebel.
Weasels lead in got me thinking about this past year and what I want for the new year. I was hanging onto my old, tired job because of a bit of perceived loyalty and a whole bunch of fear of the unknown. A couple of friends pushed me to take the step, and I couldn't be happier now. I am not saving lives, it is just numbers after all, but my days are busy and my brain is often challenged.

I have lots of ideas for 2015: Organizing my home, 70k steps per week and to do a little bit of art every single day.
And to hang out with my crazy sober weekender family every week!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

So I guess I'm sad and reflective at the same time. It shows what tremendous growth I've experienced since last December and all through my marriage when I'd go ballistic. And I'm really not pretty when I go ballistic. I used his relapse in August last year to justify my relapse. I grew through that relapse actually because when I quit December 1 last year, I knew I was ready. So YOU CAN DO THIS. Don't sell yourselves short.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good for you Ruby! I give you credit my ex fiance was a drinker.Not necessarily an alcoholic but enough. As much as I miss him I don't know if I could have gotten sober if he was still here.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thoughts are with you Ruby - self first.

make 2015 count newlife. how about 18 years instead of 18 months this time - and more.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Pickin' up 'Speed' here this Holiday Weekend.-)

-11 F out there right now. Ain't goin' nowhere...

-----
Attached Images
Speed.jpg (46.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I am sorry, Ruby. I am proud of your strength...you are not alone.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and hugs your way Ruby. My thoughts are with you.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

one more then off to bed - this is an view of the floating xmas trees at LWood Gardens. Picture doesn't do it justice. I took a lot of crappy photos cause it was dark and couldn't adjust camera good enough... auto wins sometimes.
They must have over a million lights on trees throughout the place. And a fountain show set to xmas music. Very cool place.
Happy New Year to everyone ahead of us in the USofA.

MM - now THAT is what I call a bus driver
Attached Images
IMG_8224.JPG (54.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
EndGame

I'll be battling the denizens of the deep in the Big Apple. People who ride the subway.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
EndGame

And tourists.