Notices

Put sobriety first weekender thread Dec 12-14

Old 12-11-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Ruby, I feel like that a lot too. But if I choose not to decide, I will be like that animal... eeehhh... you know the one that can't decide and goes into stupor..? So sometimes I do that too. Sometimes when it's all too much I go into complete stop and stupor. Drinking was "helpful" to achieve that.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Ruby-The garden glow is awesome and is at the Missouri Botanical gardens. I finally figured out how to post a picture. Here is a picture of it (not taken by me since they did a better job).
Old 12-11-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Wow strategery, that's beautiful! I am getting inspired to put up outdoors lights. I've never done it and will probably do it on my porch handrails. I imagine if it were foggy it would look ethereal.

Yes Melki, the stupor thing. Drinking was useful to escape deciding because then the choice was taken out of my hands once the bottle was open. I knew where that was going. It's a steep learning curve to find that balance. I still start small. One thing. If I accomplish one thing on my list I feel better. It might just be dusting my bookshelves but if that is done, I feel cleaner somehow.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Wow..this thread moves fast. I've been busy tonight cleaning out my fish tank and preparing ingredients to put in the crockpot tomorrow morning for split pea soup. The fish tank was so filthy that I actually removed the fish and scrubbed the tank, gravel, and fake plants. It looks very nice now, and hopefully the fish will survive the ordeal. Got all the veggies chopped for the soup, so all I have to do is throw them in the crockpot with a ham bone (from thanksgiving, froze it ) and the split peas and water and let it cook all day. Yum. So...overall it was a productive evening. And I only work a few hours tomorrow, so I can't complain.

Brain, I got a package today and the mail man did ring my doorbell before running off. They should do that.

I heard that crooks in California are following ups trucks and stealing packages after they are dropped off. That is pretty bad.

But....it's a wonderful sober weekend gearing up around here with lots of fun plans. Life is pretty good.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

That garden glow is beautiful! Good job figuring out how to post a photo, strategery. I haven't gotten that far yet.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

HAF, now I'm mad at you. I just posted about doing one thing and one thing only to feel better and you just HAD to mention the fish tank, "strip it down to empty" scrubbing. Sigh. Mine is filthy and disgusting and that is just the cleaning I need to do on mine, removing fish and all. Algae all over the sides. I lost a juli catfish last week, poor thing. I'd had it about three years. It's buddy is still swimming around but I feel guilty for putting off the scrubbing. The ham and pea soup sounds yummy. Maybe I will bestir myself and cook on my vacation. Put the restyled kitchen with now fully functioning dishwasher to use.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

At first I was confused, then I figured it out after starting at the beginning. Looks like the home office got involved and settled it once and for all.

We are such children...

Well, the tree is up by orders of the HWIC (head wife in charge). I came upstairs to get her approval and... not even a mouse. Our late dinner has been postponed. So I guess I should wind down and hit the hay. I will say this, a real tree can't be any more trouble than putting together this fake one. It looks real but what a pain in the knee.
Weekend starts tomorrow! Oh, it's always the weekend here

p.s. good thing I found that box when I did, it would have been covered in wet snow...

Last edited by LBrain; 12-11-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: ps
Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Boarding the bus for a sober week-end
Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

happyand free, I was wondering if anything from the fish tank went into the soup...
Ruby, maybe you can make fish tank stew? Just tell everyone it's broccoli.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Mmm. Fish tank stew. It's so bad I'm surprised nothing is crawling out of the primordial soup. Brain, do you have an assistant wife to the head wife in charge? It sounds so official.

I'm off to bed. Even though my vacation started at 5p.m. my son has to be at school at seven for band practice. No rest for the wicked. See you all in the a.m.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

And that's at school at seven a.m. No rest for him either.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Haha Ruby, but if you had seen my fish tank you would understand how long I put it off. I should have taken before and after pictures. It was so gross, I'm surprised the few fish didn't croak from the toxic water. I actually had the tank at my office and it had become very embarrassing and subject to comments and observations by people passing by. I bailed out most of the water and got it in my car and brought it home for the cleaning. I drove very slowly as the water splashed about. ...it is a small tank, thank goodness. Looks like it will be staying at my house now. I highly recommend giving yours a good cleaning. ...it doesn't take too long once you get going. And it looks so nice now!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Now I'm gonna go to sleep with a chuckle and a smile about the fish tank stew. Very funny, brain.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Looks like fish tank is on the agenda for tomorrow tho I said that ladt weekend and got sidetracked. Ooh look! Shiny object!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Ruby, I keep asking her to bring home an assistant. I don't think it's gonna happen tho...
Old 12-11-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

ruby , melki ,
For me i think i was guilty of comparing my insides with other peoples outsides , y'know it's ok to feel nothing much sometimes …

As humans i think sometimes we like to have something to worry about , gives us a sense of purpose to run around trying to resolve the issues we believe we have .

We find the answers to the questions we have , then we fret that we don't have the right answers … strangely the "big" questions people ask themselves to me seem unanswerable . i'm always more concerned with whats for dinner , where do i get the best return for my savings ..

Life is racing past , try not too spend to much time effing the ineffable . There is a glorious technicolour life passing in front of your eyes right now and it is beautiful and wonderful and it is happening now , not tomorrow and not last week ..

Right i'll climb down from my soap-box LoL , sorry got me on my favourite topic

mary christmas y'all

yo-ho-ho

*jingle jingle*

m
Old 12-11-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

You, guys, made the impossible - put me in much better mood today!

I am planning a busy weekend:

- Sending my CVs to potential employers;

- Working out - boxing, weightlifting, swimming;

- Writing;

- Cleaning the apartment and putting New Year decorations.

- And something else, I think)

I'll catch up with you later.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm in ... I'm kinda new here
First weekend And weekender for me
Last weekend was a disaster for me
I am happy to have found this site and looking forward to a sparkling weekend....

Day 5 for me
Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome, Seasky.

Congratulations on 5 days! I've been around the site for a few weeks now, and it's been very helpful to me.

My weekend hasn't started yet. I still have one more workday to get thru, and here I am again, wide awake in the middle of the night. But I blame my night owl hubby for waking me up when he crawls into bed at 2 a.m. And once I'm awake, I'm awake. Arrrrrgh!
Old 12-12-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by melki View Post
Nonsensical, I am dying to know what you decided on as a gift for your wife! If you ask me, the expensive event you mentioned is a clear winner.
I think I am going to go with a weekend (Valentine's Day?) at an Outer Banks resort with spa treatments. Which of these spa treatments should I go with?
http://www.sanderling-resort.com/spa...ing/treatments