wait. Trach, wut?

This is good. We will confuse everyone.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Glimmer,
Old 12-11-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
I'm also making a list of things I want/need to do this weekend to keeping busy...going to treat myself to a mani/pedi and massage too!...courtesy of my booze money....didn't realize how much money I wasted on booze! Forget the lottery...just get sober and you'll feel like a freaking millionaire!
I totally agree about the booze money. I actually went back thru quicken and did the math. The booze plus all the stupid trivial stuff I downloaded from iTunes and Amazon to entertain myself while drunk (I drank alone mostly) .... well let's just say I think that new car we've been needing is looking a lot more realistic.

Brynn -- Enjoy the mani and pedi. You've earned it!

Old 12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Way to go gilmer.
Was supposed to be going out tomorrow night with hubby and his old workmate and wife...I was looking forward to it....I was ok I was driving.
We both agreed that we would do this as a Christmas night out...together and not go to our works nights out!
Mine should be Saturday. ?.im betting grief for not going.
Then to make matters worse hubby has announced he is going to his works do tomorrow night and im driving him and picking him up!
Feel hurt, annoyed etc.
So..... I am going to either have a pamper evening with my youngest or if she goes to bed too early then I will use the time to read a new book to do with av.
I must not let myself get grumpy or annoyed or sad as not a good placd to be!
Will of course be popping on here.xxx
Old 12-11-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am so ******* mad right now. !!!!!!!!!!! M**********s! I checked my tracking # and was still, stil!l, at North Whales depot - delivery today. I guess I should have checked every fifteen minutes. I didn't leave the house. Stayed close to front door and checked the doorstep every half hour. Took out trash a few minutes ago. Saw a box against the middle of the garage doors. Holy crap. A thousand dollar delicate instrument has been sitting on the frozen ground in freezing weather for almost 5 hours. Those *********. I just checked the tracking number again, "Left at doorstep" at ******* noon! Those ***holes. No signature required. M********s! If didn't take out the trash hours earlier than I normally do that box would have been sitting there for almost ten ******* hours. I have a mind to just ship it back. I'm so ******* pissed off right now!

I don't care if it's the busy season. Not even a doorbell ring for ***sake.

How's everybody else doing?

Last edited by LBrain; 12-11-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: profanities were not all x'd out, had to do it myself
Old 12-11-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Does the expensive frozen gadget work?

Oh lordy, I hope so or someone's gonna get it.

oooooooohhhh

Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm better now - NOT!

I put it in the coolest place in the house. I can't even attempt to open it for HOURS. Probably tomorrow. I just hope the shock doesn't crack the wood or finish. It has to acclimate first. I didn't call the vendor yet, I'm trying to calm down first. They're gonna get an earful too. Here I am worried about the humidity inside the house and they drop this thing off on the frozen ground outside. The store owner is going to hear about it big time. Like I said, I may just send it back. I'm afraid to open the box.
I'm probably over reacting --- no I'm not.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

How's everybody else doing? I am LAUGHING, Brain at what you wrote. Full on tirade, scrrrrrreeeechhh!!! How's it going, eh? I had the same issues with a bracelet I ordered from Denmark last year. At least your instrument came on the day you expected. My bracelet went to the dead letter office in Atlanta three weeks after it arrived at the airport via airmail. It was only providence that I kept bugging the P.O. about it, tracked it down out of the limbo it was in, and got it. I'm wearing it as I type but I certainly understand your frustration. It was early in my sobriety and the whole thing made me want to drink my anger away but I didn't. Glad you got your package.

Congratulations Jerri!!! Thirty days is awesome.

MesaMan, eleven months is great!

Petals, hang in there. Serenity prayer always helps me in those situations.

Gilmer, way to go. A ratings/rankings fan, eh? Cigar Afficianado magazine? That's funny.

I actually feel high right now because I am so excited that I am off after today. I'm having fun today. But, I know that at some point that feeling will diminish and I will be left kind of low so I need to be mindful of that.

Now I have to take care of clearing some stuff off my desk.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Brain, just read your second post. May I suggest calling the vendor now, while they are still around today, and explain what happened and your concerns that the cold may have damaged what I am assuming is a mandolin. Ask them what you should do. It may not cause damage at all. But if it does, then you have your complaint on record.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, I did it so Weasel had a shot at shotgun for a change. Oh, well.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Brain, I started the other thread early so Weasel would have a chance at shotgun for a change. Oh, well.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Brain, Music Folk Feature: Guitar Bracing
Old 12-11-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

How utterly generous!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's Christmas, right?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

What an excellent motive, Trach!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks Ruby, what has me the most po'd about this is I needed to go somewhere today but didn't leave the house because I wanted to be here. They didn't even put it close to the entry way. It would have taken little effort to do so. I think he actually went out of his way to place where it was. Now I have to wait a good 24 hours before I open the shipping box. And depending how the case feels more time before I take it out of the case. In the meantime I need to get humidity meter. My guitars did okay here, but this is a little more fragile and I'm actually going to use it.
I'll catch up on the thread later. I just needed a place to vent. Already talked to shop after I calmed down. Not their fault really. But fedex is definitely going to here from me. THERE ARE NOTICES ON THE CRATE ABOUT NOT LEAVING IT OUTSIDE IN THE COLD. I didn't even see that until after I called the shop. Merry xmas to me
Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That happened to me with a guitar a couple of years ago, LBrain. It wasn't even left on my doorstep, but it was cracked when I got it, and I had to send it back. The company replaced it no questions asked.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks Trach next time!!! It was funny I was just reading that Bimini and you and others were keeping last weeks going and I thought let me post early. I posted then saw yours!

If you want to host let me know so we don't have two and confuse anyone!!!

Sorry for your troubles LB... reading your post was like reading CIA documents with the black bars over every other word. But I could make out the words!!!!

Busy day and tired... talk soon!!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Ya**!

I didn't miss the bus did I?

Sign me up!
Old 12-11-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Tonks! To SR. and the weekender!

Do you have plans for the weekend?

Feel free to post all you want here about how you are doing.