Notices

Put sobriety first weekender thread Dec 12-14

Old 12-15-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hey all, I hope you're having a great Monday. Checking in tonight. I am a bit less rogue than usual since I have been trying to get in my last minute studying before the final tomorrow. Will study a bit more tomorrow morning, but think my brain is at the point that it will not tolerate any more information tonight.

1Faith-awesome job on getting through the weekend!

Ruby-we have the same weather you do. Light misty rain and just overall dismal weather. I hate weather like this since it's just depressing. I am sorry to hear you are feeling frazzled. You are anything but boring and I always enjoy your posts, so please share! Know you're in my thoughts right now. *hugs*

iwon-you're doing a great job! Hang in there. It will get better!

Strangely enough, when I was growing up in the 80's, I remember discussions on Dr. Who since it was the hot thing, but I wasn't allowed to watch it. By the 90's and early 2000's it seemed to fade into obscurity, but then made some kind of cult comeback in 2010 or so. I've never seen it, but have been tempted to try it out.

Bimini-I have had the same thing with amazon prime. Started watching Felicity on amazon prime for free. Got to season 3 and the Felicity free episodes had expired and I couldn't get them on dvd. I was not happy. Netflix and amazon prime are conspiring against us.

Happyand free-I forgot you couldn't take ibuprofen. *blush*

I hope everyone is feeling better. There is some nasty stuff going around. I am going to troll for appetizer recipes tonight since we have a potluck Friday.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Yeah I was wondering where everyone is. I made it through the workday with a bad stomach. ..I don't know if it's a bug or what. Lots of cramps and stomach pain. No other symptoms. .. so as long as it doesn't get worse, it will be ok.
Ruby, good for you for getting a tree. I solved that problem by purchasing a fake table top tree a few years ago. I leave the lights on it and after thanksgiving I just pick it up off a shelf in the garage and put it on a table in the living room. It's about 3' tall and very cute. I barely decorate it. I just like the lights. After Christmas it goes back on the shelf. But....I don't have young kids in the house. When my kids were small, I always got a real tree. Time flies. ..enjoy every minute of your kids childhoods.
Tomorrow is my birthday. ...my friend asked if I wanted to go out for dinner. We had a tradition of drinking martinis on our birthday. ...I opted for breakfast. Dinner might be risky.
OK - gotta tend to my stomach. The bowl of ice cream may not have been a good idea...
Old 12-15-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Sorry you aren't feeling well HaF. That stinks. Ginger ale? There are about six different bugs going around. And happy birthday early! Could be danger with the martini crew. How about birthday breakfast and coffee or tea?

I need to adjust the tree. It's definitely crooked. Nice tree too. I just like decorating them. Even when I was single and drunk I put up a real tree. I have a fake table top one too. My daughter decorated it on one side. Have to adjust that.

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment. Treat for my birthday back in November. I've been going to cheap hair places for cuts and coloring myself. I'm going back to my old stylist for cut and color. Thankfully it's payday tomorrow

Time to get ready for bed. Have to get the kids up in the morning and ready. It was tough this morning because I kept hitting snooze.

And the woozy frazzled feeling? Gone now. I got busy and I ate. Making sure that I'm not hungry is important.

Good night rogues! Hope everyone is well. Feel better HaF.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Just a brief check-in this morning since I need to do some last minute studying.

Happyandfree-happy bday!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Appropriately named Tuesday Morning. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPscelHVhA

Hope everyone has a good day! Getting kids ready to go out the door. Hair appointment later today.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi rogues....happy birthday to me. ..
Although I may take a rain check on the celebration. Stomach is still weird.
Ruby, have fun getting your hair done. That's a nice treat.
strategery, good luck on your exam it sounds like you are well prepared.
OK - catch you all later. Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Happy birthday HappyandFree! May you have a fantastic year! After you recover from the stomach bug, that is. I hope it passes quickly.

Back from dropping the kids off and now taking some quiet time. Missed my daily Dr. Who episodes and am now listening to Star Trek TNG. Haven't watched it in years. Maybe I will go to a meeting. I don't know. So much stuff to do at home though.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Checking in this evening with all the rogue weekenders. Thank you for all the well wishes on the exam!!
The exam is done, which I am glad about. Not sure how I did, but I can't do anything about it now, so I am letting it go. I am very calm, which is really strange for me after an exam, but I think it's due to learning new coping tools on SR, and continued sobriety.

Did Christmas shopping all afternoon. Everyone is taken care of for the most part. Need to get my husband a few more gift items and send off a check, but other than that it's finished!

Tomorrow is going to be weird. I don't have a project due, a quiz, homework, or anything school related due, so I can do whatever I want. I do have other things I need to work on, but I am going to give myself some time off since I don't want to head into next semester burned out. I was fairly burned out after taking full time summer courses and then loading myself down with other work prior to starting classes this fall.

I still need to troll for appetizer recipes. I need to check out the recipe thread again for appetizers. There are some wonderful recipes there!

Happyandfree-I hope your stomach is starting to feel better. Stomach bugs are the worst.

Ruby-how did your haircut turn out? I haven't watched star trek TNG in years.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

This thread has become a ghost town!
Strategery, I'm glad your tests are done...now you can relax and hopefully enjoy the holidays.
I'm in bed with my weird stomach bug. I bet the cake I ate tonight isn't helping at all. A friend told me a 24 hr stomach bug is going around, so it should be gone tomorrow. drinking ginger ale now and gonna watch a movie with Joaquin Phoenix called "I'm still here." It's an old one and I never heard of it. ...I'll let you know how it is.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

P.s. where did the recipe thread end up?I couldn't find it the other day- I think ruby mentioned a location that I couldn't locate..
Old 12-16-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's down there in Cafe Central

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5080504
Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Found it! Thanks Trach
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Checking in this evening. Went to the SR meeting tonight and it was great!
I'm still trying to figure out what appetizer I want to make. I need to look at my food network magazine again.
I hope you all are having a great night.
Thought I'd post a cute cat video with music. See what you made me do Trach?
Enjoy!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey! I'm still around. I've been running around all day and been busy. And....drum roll please...I finally cleaned the fish tank. Took me long enough to get around to it but it looks fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't unplug the heater before I started. It's been a while since I last cleaned it. As the water level dropped, lower and lower, I started hearing sizzle, sizzle, sizzle POP! It's encased in what looks like a test tube. The tube cracked clear around the center. I went to the fish store to replace it. No fish or Ruby were injured as a result.

Bedtime. The rogues went rogue and aren't posting here this week. Hmm. Did they hide someplace else and go super rogue? I'm a little squirrelly tonight as I'm tired. Pics of the clean tank on the next weekend thread. Accountability. I said I'd do it and now it's done. Good night all!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Yay Ruby! Doesn't the fish tank look great? I think I will clean mine regularly now and keep up with it.
Strategery, I was looking through the recipe thread and a crab stuffed mushroom recipe caught my eye. I have a baked brie recipe that I will post if I can find it. That's always a hit.
OK - stomach feels a little better today, although last night I had planned to call the Dr today, it was so bad..I'm going to be more careful about what I eat today.
Well, rogues will be back tomorrow with a new weekend.
Have a wonderful day! !!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning. On my first day off, it looks like I am going to go to the veterinarian. One of our boys has developed a respiratory infection, so I need to take him in to get some antibiotics.

I think all the usual rogues are busy with holiday activities. Being accountable here helps me quite a bit, so being rogue is a good thing for me.

Ruby-yay on getting the fish tank clean! I am glad you weren't hurt due to the heater breaking.

Happyandfree-I am so glad your stomach is starting to feel better and that you found the recipe thread. I saw the stuffed mushroom recipe, which looks great. However, I am not a stuffed mushroom fan. Husband wants me to make something we'll both eat the leftovers of. I want to make a cheese ball, but husband thinks cheese balls around here are dangerous. I may make a cheese ball any ways. The baked brie sounds good. Did you see the spam recipe?

Have a great day!