Notices

Newcomers Sober Weekender Thread!!! Oct 10-12!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hiedy-ho neighbors!

Good to see everyone on board early. Hey, check this out this pic below. We had some real weird clouds up here in the mountains the other day. Anyone ever seen anything like this? I was stumped...kind of looked like a oil in a puddle of water, but it was huge and up in the sky. Anyway I took a bunch of pics, some more spectacular than others. Nice to be able to step outside and gasp at the wonder at the world, through sober eyes. Who needs drugs when you have kaleidescopes in the sky for real?

I have had a crazy week at work. Busy as all get-out. Had meetings last night and this morning with my bosses and CEO, feeling pretty good about things. A few of my colleagues are also out of the office for the next few business days, and I'm kind of "in charge" of some of the big things while they are gone so my nose is to the grindstone during biz hours tomorrow.

Great to see the regulars checking in and the newcomers as well. Bienvenidos to all!

# 62 (permalink)  

melki I am in northern Michigan this weekend. This is where I have spent summers my entire life. It is all about drinking up here.....always has been. I have learned to manage life up here without alcohol.....but it is hard. I didn't want to come here this weekend but my husband really did. The trees are beautiful right now.....peak of fall leaves. We will have to go to dinner parties etc......and I tire of it......watching everyone get wasted and listening to the repetitive nonsense! But I will enjoy the outdoors, walk my dog and survive! I will read SR if I get tempted.....thank you everyone.
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Philly76 ~

All are welcome here. I don't know if there is another Thread or not, but you're mighty welcome here! Each day is a new day, and Folks 'fess up about every week to lil occasional slips. No worries. Dust yourself off and feel at Home here. You are.
Thanks, that means a lot. I started another thread because I wasn't sure.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

philly76, welcome! Post here anytime!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by risingup View Post
melki I am in northern Michigan this weekend. This is where I have spent summers my entire life. It is all about drinking up here.....always has been. I have learned to manage life up here without alcohol.....but it is hard. I didn't want to come here this weekend but my husband really did. The trees are beautiful right now.....peak of fall leaves. We will have to go to dinner parties etc......and I tire of it......watching everyone get wasted and listening to the repetitive nonsense! But I will enjoy the outdoors, walk my dog and survive! I will read SR if I get tempted.....thank you everyone.
HAVE A PLAN HAVE A PLAN HAVE A PLAN!!!!!! Go into every social situation with a plan, have a backup, read here, post here, and always have a non-alcoholic beverage at hand! I hope the weather's nice for you and you're able to spend a lot of time outside and focus on all the beauty you weren't able to fully appreciate when weighed down by alcohol. Rooting for ya!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

¡Hola, bigsombrero! Spectacular. I love your photos!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Philly76, this threads for you, too. We are here to succeed.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Wow - lots of posts already.
I'm in for the weekend although I've been struggling a little this week. Ice cream helped tonight -haven't had any in a while.
Lola, I'm glad to hear you are OK after your accident.
Happy thanksgiving, Canadian friends! !!!
Life is good.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The tunes have paused...can't have that

Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

PRESENT!

Though incredibly busy, so I don't know if I'll be able to post much, but know that all of y'all are in my thoughts and well-wishes!!!

I'll probably be able to update Saturday morning, but in a nutshell, I have an incredibly amazing job opportunity that I will find out about for sure after the final interview tomorrow morning at ten am ... wish me luck!

I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THIS SOBER!!!! So grateful and in awe of the miracle of change that has been happening.

Hugs, everyone!!! Love you all!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THIS NOT SOBER!!! So happy for you, roguedreams!!! Good luck, you're in my thoughts! Isn't it amazing how fast our lives can change when we make right choices? I have a hard time believing how fast mine turned around too and all the new things that are now happening and available to me.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by roguedreams View Post
I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THIS SOBER!!!!
I think a rephrasing is in order.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Lol! That was cute
Old 10-09-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Rogue, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! There. I shouted it out for all to hear. You can do it!

BigS, I've never seen that before. Pretty cool!

Time for bed. It's almost Friday! Friday! Yay, weekend!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep, time to retire.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Gamblin' Man

Risingup ~

Da Wife went to University up in N. Michigan. Yah, sure, you betcha she's a Yooper!

She used to see this Guy for $0.50 in local Bars when he was just getting started.

Tough Territory you're in right now for the Sober, so hang tight.

Music Video Link

'Ramblin' Gamblin' Man' ~ Bob Seger [System]

-----
Old 10-09-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Going to be a tough 9 and 10 days this weekend as I am visiting my sister and taking my folks with me (dad is a big drinker) and everyone will be drinking. I have a plan, my: my vapour smoke (excuse for a break), taking my iPad so I can talk to you guys and just started reading the Big Book, so that will be with me too! I have a very supportive partner who will also keep me on straight and narrow!

I have also realised in my last two relapses that non alcoholic beer etc is not a good idea and I know you guys told me that before, but I found out for myself, so be non of that! I will be taking with me some nice sodas. Thanks and count me in!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Is it codependence when the cat curls up on your arm and you don't move even though you are no longer comfortable because you love the fact that your cat wants to curl up on your arm?

Weekend proper starts soon!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Old 10-09-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Coming up to second weekend and I WILL do it sober!