Notices

Newcomers Sober Weekender Thread!!! Oct 10-12!

Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Ok I'll see your "happy" and throw
One of my loves Elvis
"Girl Happy"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sWx7IgCQeek
Old 10-10-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Great Scot! It's before 5 on Friday morning and there are already 5 pages of posts! We need a whole fleet of buses!

Long weekend, but I think it will go by quickly. I have to take my make-up mid-term for tax class after work today. (Missed it because I was in Ohio for a funeral last week.) Tree shopping tomorrow morning, then I have a reunion with some of my buddies from Africa Saturday afternoon. Sunday and Monday will be tree planting, more tax class homework, and catching up on all the admin of life that slid while I was gone.

Keep it going!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

MesaMan, how amazing that your wife used to see Bob Seger for $.50! Wow!

I'll stick with the ramblin' theme...

Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Get a little mornin music going

Old 10-10-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Suziequeue View Post
Coming up to second weekend and I WILL do it sober!
Congrats SuzieQ... stick around and post often! Would like to know how you are doing.

Welcome to SR and the weekender!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Is it codependence when the cat curls up on your arm and you don't move even though you are no longer comfortable because you love the fact that your cat wants to curl up on your arm?
Absolutely NOT Olive! Henry has this new thing. I sit in my big comfy leather chair. Its worn in just right for all sorts of things like eating in front of the TV, reading SR, taking a nap. Henry discovered that while I am in it he likes to head butt my arm to move over a bit and he sloowwwly crawls between me and the arm of the chair. Wiggles his fat arse around to face forward.... and purrrrs up a storm.

If I dont give in to the first head butt I get sad eyes from him. He is way to smart to be a cat!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by philly76 View Post
Is there a thread for those of us who have slipped?
Philly... Like those that have said it earlier this is the weekend home for all who want to stay sober today and this weekend. Slip or not you are welcome.

The team that assembles every Thursday for a bus ride to soberland is welcoming and... well... a bit crazy!!

So welcome to you and everyone this fine Friday!

Get a plan... if you dont have one make one... if you dont know what a sober plan is ask!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It's Friday night here and I'm doing well. Just finished a workout rather than starting happy hour. Day 7 for me. Cooking dinner tonight, or might go out to the local steak place.

I can hear Mariah Carey's concert warming up at the stadium near our apartment!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
The team that assembles every Thursday for a bus ride to soberland is welcoming and... well... a bit crazy!!
Et tu, weasel?

Old 10-10-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

definitely in! Fall baseball tonight with my son, going to see my daughters art display tomorrow, lots of sober family time.

be strong eberybody and happy weekend.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm on. I can barely get out of bed. Not from drinking. But from the twenty something trainers I've utilized in my new workout routine. Doc says drop ten percent body fat right away or go on blood pressure meds.
Here we go exercise and sobriety. A wonderful combination I think!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Canadian Thanksgiving weekend begins (after work haha)! Wishing everyone a sober and happy weekend!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I disagree.

Most of us are batspit crazy.

It may be a side effect of looking that addiction dead in the eye and saying "NOT TODAY!"
Old 10-10-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian members! It's always nice to have a long weekend to celebrate with family...of course, we know this holiday can be full of challenges as well. Stick to your guns!

A cloudy morning down here in the Sierra Madre mountains. About 2 more weeks of "rainy season" to get through, then it's smooth sailing. Been planning a trip down to the coast next weekend but I might put it off another week. That's a holiday weekend here and the normal hotel that I stay at is going to be crowded and also the prices went up. If I wait until the 24th, I'll have the whole beach to myself, might be better.

I am also beginning to plan a trip for late November. I have some options, but I am thinking about taking a short flight up to Tikal to see the Mayan Pyramids for a few days. I definitely need to do that at some point. Decisions, decisions! Hope all's well as this Friday gets rolling. Hasta pronto folks.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Two weeks sober today exactly. Sunday is my birthday and I have a reservation with about 10 friends - all of them drink, some of them excessively. I'm not too concerned yet. I refuse to hide under a rock. I have a bottle of bubbles (Apple juice) in the fridge cooling down for my birthday breakfast on Sunday, then at the restaurant I'll stick to water. None of my friends know yet....I guess I have been under that rock a little bit lately

Any suggestions for a new guy out celebrating with tipsy friends?
Old 10-10-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Changel View Post
Any suggestions for a new guy out celebrating with tipsy friends?
Seems like you're on top of it with a plan. Perhaps expand it a little.

When I feel like drinking at the party I will do X.
After the party, when I am sober, I will treat myself to Y.

Congrats on 2 weeks. Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I love that Happy video, Buggirl. This thread is also very uplifting. ..we need more of this. A great way to start the weekend. Tgif!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MesaMan;4946972]Risingup ~

Da Wife went to University up in N. Michigan. Yah, sure, you betcha she's a Yooper!

She used to see this Guy for $0.50 in local Bars when he was just getting started.

Tough Territory you're in right now for the Sober, so hang tight.

Yes Mesa Man....I think I am the only person in the Upper Peninsula who doesn't drink! I notice in my other worlds.....people will respect one's desire to be healthy....HERE.....they badger you if you don't participate!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Yes, changel, have a plan for after the party too. I used to pat myself on the back for successfully not drinking at parties by drinking. Happy birthday!

Congrats Sloth on day 7. That's great.

Friday morning here and I've dropped the kids at school an hour ago now. Early Band practice. Slowly getting myself into gear but had to fight my internet and wi if to work. I think it's time to replace the equipment. It can't last forever.

Time to get my game face on. Sitting on a box containing my new kitchen sink in the wreck of my kitchen. I'm hoping to make progress this weekend. It seems like I've been living this way forever but I have to remind myself that this too shall pass!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Changel, For me being around drunks has a time limit -not because I'm tempted but the conversation and atmosphere gets old quick. I leave myself an out. If I'm uncomfortable I leave. Never been to the weekender thread. Wow, this thread is Jumpin'!