Notices

Newcomers Sober Weekender Thread!!! Oct 10-12!

Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I made it thru the weekend too! It was rather hard. I had a horrible weekend. But the good side is in the past I would have drunk a 1/5 a night to forget all my problems and instead I am facing them. My AV was around too much this weekend.

This fight has to be done though. I can't go back to the old me. I'm just hoping things get better soon.

Hope everyone had a sober weekend too!

Day 13 for me!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I missed out on Sunday. My internet was down yesterday. Been buggy lately so something in the magical chain of Internet, DSL and wi fi needs replacing.

Floor finished. On to putting cabinets in but mr. Ruby is napping and that's his gig.

Kevin, I can never see any videos, or almost never, if I am here on my iPad. Desktop or phone I can see them. Very rarely will they show up on the iPad but it depends and it isn't consistent. Sometimes it will show, then I go off, come back, and it won't show.

So, I'm probably speaking to an empty house since it's Monday noon for me. Unchainme, the best time and day of the week to quit? Right now, today. Unless it's right now, quit day never comes. It's always some other day that seems a better, more rational choice to start than today. When that day gets here, then some other day looks better. Believe me, I've done all that. Start today. Make a plan in addition to just not drinking. Find support. You can do it.

I will be here next week. Thanks all for your company and indulgence and thanks BigS. It's getting there.