Notices

Class of July 2014

Old 07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I just wanted to "check in" so to speak. I am on day 8, and I can't believe I made it this long! This weekend was kind of rough, lots of temptations encouraging me to drink, but I am still here, and a big part of that is having SR to come to when I am feeling overwhelmed.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hello class! Tough day for me. It is humid and raining here, two things that just send my knee pain in to overdrive. Today I experienced real, true pain and it started to make me question if I was doing the right thing. Then I played the tape to the end. I may get some temporary relief from pain meds - but I have no control over them, none. And I would IMMEDIATELY begin abusing them again. And I would wind up right back on the 20 year merry-go-round from hell that I have spent 9 long days trying to get off of. I am not going to give up this time I have put in. I can't even remember the last time I had 9 days clean.

So tonight it's ice, elevation, and motrin. Best choice I have made in a long long time. Best wishes to all my fellow colleagues here
Old 07-14-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Week 2 sober! The weekend was somewhat challenging, but I got through it with some friends and a lot of gym time. I've been keeping really busy with all of this energy I have. Who knew proper nutrition could make all the difference in the world?!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Joining the class with 3 days without a drink.

Lisa.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lisa
Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Day 10! Struggling as I find myself quick to anger, but I know it will pass.

I vow to NOT go back to drinking, it does NOT solve problems or make things go away.

It just makes me go away and then I forget who I really am.

I don't ever want to live like that again. Stay strong, stay strong, stay strong!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Day 4 Thanks to SR for referring me to a DR. Actually feeling good. Tired and lazy. Of course DR I trust the most is on Vaca for a week. But, got my appt.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus, think we were in class together before, let's make this one our last one because it's so awesome!
Day 15 here now, didn't sleep but AV has quickened down again so happy with that. Beautiful day here again so going to be outside all day, helps so much with sobriety have a good day all, Peace X
Old 07-15-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
nmd

Day 9, got through a bunch of "easy" days in part because I wasn't around alcohol. Going back to work tomorrow then have vacation next week with a lot of time at home, which I'm a bit nervous about.

It is becoming apparent to me how much my surroundings trigger old habits and patterns. My ego doesnt want to always admit it though.

I've also found myself a bit short tempered and my thoughts lately tend to be rambling, jumping from idea to idea. Drinking always seemed to dull things, i didn't care about things as much or get upset as easily and it slowed down my thinking. Drinking eventually led to some mean and dark places,. I would drink past mellow and happy to become beligerant and verbally abusive at times.

Learning how to function sober, dealing with anger/stress and just being in my own skin has been an experience in itself. I'm loving it though. The lows are never as low as waking up out of a blackout or drinking binge. The highs are real, not chemical and I can remember them.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Julyers)

Staring my Day 2 free of binge-eating. Had breakfast and managed to stick to amount of the food just on the plate, without following numerous trips to the fridge.

I've made a list of things to distract myself with while cravings for food hit me. I have do something just for 3 minutes instead of munching.

Welcome to all new members!

Giochick - Well done on 8 days and surviving the weekend. Double-awesome accomplishment!

Dmay15 - I completely agree here - gym and proper nutrition work miracles. It seem to be so obvious and simple, but that's where real wonders are)

VikiingGF - Congrats on 3 days!

And my best wishes to all.

See you later)
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

hi all day 3 for me. Thought i should pop in and say hi. I am hoping with some support on here its going to help my road to recovery
Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

All right now day 9 and feeling fine
Old 07-15-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Learning how to function sober, dealing with anger/stress and just being in my own skin has been an experience in itself. I'm loving it though. The lows are never as low as waking up out of a blackout or drinking binge. The highs are real, not chemical and I can remember them.
I love this ^^^♥♥♥
Old 07-15-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Okay, it's back to day one of no bingeing for me I don't know what happened yesterday, but, unusually for me, I felt quite down and that was the result Am back up and pumping today though and ever more determined to carry this through

Way to go on day two, Midnight - that's binge-free badass at its best!

Welcome to all newcomers and returners. Whatever the addiction, together we can do this :
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hi Headlump... Sorry to hear that but hey ho it happens... One thing we have to learn when sober is that there are bad days, that's life & obviously we have forgotten how to deal with them when sober.. It's a new learning process & I'm sure we will learn from relapse & how to be prepared for it next time!! Rootin for yer, well done on getting back on here... Stay strong!!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Day two. Help keep me sober.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to have both you and MB here HL.
It must be very hard - but I know you'll find encouragement here

welcome to you Trez, and all the other newcomers too - and congrats for all the milestones

D
Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Welcome trez an old school
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good morning Jessa and lumpy
Just remember accidents happen we all fall off the wagon sometimes you have not lost everything get back up there hold on tight
Old 07-15-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome to those who have joined. Day 9 for me and looking forward to double digits. I've been a bit edgy too redwing and nmd. My biggest issue is the alcohol mellowed me out. I have trouble sitting still. Can't even sit to watch a movie. Playing board games while camping with my kids this weekend I kept popping up to do something real quick and they were always playing my turn (or aguing about who would play my turn). I need to learn to relax and shut down without drinking. Have a great day everyone.