Notices

Relapse well ok

Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Raider, we love you and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Take care and hurry back, wishing you the best! Bobby
Old 06-14-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

best wishes, see you when you get your 4 asterisks together - soon I hope.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well Raider, I'm not sure what to say except I hope you find a way to a happy, sober life. And you don't have to let this turn into a week's long spree. Try to be as safe as possible while you're at the cabin.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself and be safe. We will always be here for you, Raider. This is a bump in the road, not the end of the trip.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Oh sweetie, I wish I could hug your neck.

Please don't stay out a month! You could die. I almost did.

I went to an AA meeting drunk and after the meeting they took me to the hospital and I blew a .387!!!

Ever since I relapsed in February, I have been in the hospital/and/or detoxing FOUR times. It is SO progressive, SO MUCH worse each time.

Don't risk it!

Prayers going out to you!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Raider. You made it 20 days longer than I had when I joined SR. And you were one of the first to welcome me. So let me welcome you back--hopefully very soon. We'll all be eager to hear from you.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Raider

I hope you keep posting. There's not one of us who hasn't felt what you're feeling tonight.

D
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear you drank Raider. but it's not a done deal. If you know you're going to drink at the cabin then don't go.You do have that choice. I understand as relapsed myself at 6 weeks sober twice in 2012 and know how hard it is to come back. You've done the right thinkg posting and you must want sobriety because you have posted. Please reconsider your trip and make this your day 1. You can do this.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add .. you're an INSPIRATION to me .. and STILL are. *HUGS*
Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

There can be such a change, Raider...I hope you stick around and think about it some more.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Raider
I have a bad feeling about this.
Please stop if you can
G
Old 06-15-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Raider, take care of yourself and follow your convictions. Thanks for all of the love and fun and wit you've shared. Grace us here soon.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Raider, I'm thinking of you and i hope you come back soon. Wishing you the best.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

One of many sayings I have heard at AA (many of which really are true!) 'If we don't stop you drinking we'll spoil it for you'. Let's hope your relapse is short and you bounce back quickly!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Raider; hoping you wake up a little clearer.
As Anna said, the relapse can end now.
We want you safe girl....
And happy.

Sending you love,

V xx
Old 06-15-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You fell off the wagon. You don't have to lay there and get run over and over by it. I know you're feeling low but no one here is judging you. Think about what you would say to someone who may be experiencing what you're experiencing right now. Stay out there, you deserve what you get? Don't dare show your face here until you get your **** together? I think not.

Stay here even if your **** is falling all over the place. Plenty of us have had to do that. Is it easy? No. Is it humbling? You bet your ass. Our egos are dangerous to us. They tell us that we are unlovable creatures when we fail. We become too sad proud to hang with the winners when we feel like a loser. We're here to say damn your ego and stick around. Read, share and keep a part of the community. Get back on the wagon and start again. You are not the first nor will you be the last to relapse. People relapse after a day and people relapse after 30+ years. It happens. The only way to respond now is to get back up. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, sober or not. It's just that when you're drinking, the chances of tomorrow become more and more slim.

This disease kills. Every day, it kills and kills. Those it doesn't kill, it eats away at until it eventually gobbles them all up. You don't know how many bites you have left. The only guarantee is that every time you drink, you get eaten and you have fewer and fewer bites left until you're just gone.

It seems to be a natural thing for us to sit alone and throw ourselves a pity party. Such an alcoholic reaction. Such a human reaction! It's normal to feel beaten and be filled with remorse after a relapse. The great thing about a relapse is that you now have an opportunity to learn and grow. Sobriety involves progress. So progress. Wearily drag your body and soul back up and begin again, now wiser and more experienced. Move forward and know that your experience can be used to not only help yourself but to also help another alcoholic in the future.

Is this what you want to hear right now? Probably not. Is this what you need to hear right now? I think so. Get. Up.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey R ,
I hope you rest and are ok , i hope you don't go to this cabin place if it is some kinda den of loucheness , nothing is worth putting yourself through that .. rather than a holiday it sounds like going dancing on the edge of a volcano in 6" heels ..

Drinking just used to make me pass out quick, it held no fun, i still did it .
It don't sound like it's doing anything for you either , just causing you hurt and pain you could do without .

I hope you come join me in the glory or life rather than the dead man walking existence of alcoholism .
On the freeway of alcoholism we sometimes miss the turnpikes to sobriety , i'm pointing them out , you needn't carry on down this road .

Take care , m
Old 06-15-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey Raider - lots of others have said it - you relapsed, it's done - now start again on Day 1.

As I've written on SR a number of times before I picked up after over 6 years of sobriety. I didn't just slip - I kept drinking and then I wanted to stop and couldn't. It took me over 4 and a half years to get to this place - where my recovery is beginning again. My life spiralled out of control - I never thought it could get worse than it had been before I got sober but it did. My drinking became far worse than it had been. I experienced many new lows.

Please stop now - it will be so much easier to get back on track now, than it will be in a month's time. I truly believe this from personal experience.