Notices

Newbie Roll Call

Old 07-29-2004, 09:04 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hi All,

14 Days here and a new sponsor after last nights meeting.

WOO HOO!!!

:band

Dancing to the music today.

Albert R.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:27 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Nancy

Congratulations to all!

Just celebrated 5 years continuous sobriety on June 28. One day at a time, the hours add up to days, the days to weeks .... so on. But the wonderful thing is the feeling that life can be lived on life's terms and not in a drunken haze. Sometimes there's still the haze and trials of life, but have made it through them sober. Thanks to God (my HP), all, my sponsor, AA, the steps, meetings, and love.

Congratulations to all! Wahoo!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. 30 days for me. Lost my temp. job. somehow my hp may have wanted that as I went to a thurs night womens meeting that I would not have gone to if I worked. It is very hard for me to get up at 5 am and work all day and commute an hour each way everyday. I was too tired to read and post here also. Still not interested in using..but patience is my biggest issue. I have to remind myself to let go and let God. Got phone numbers at the meeting..and I am inpatient to get to know these women and get a sponsor etc. I will be reading and posting alot today...to make up for lost time...this site is my soul and means more than life to me. talk at you all later...congrats to everyone..love randa
Old 07-30-2004, 01:31 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Clean and sober 34 days today. Rough going so far but I'm hanging on. Getting a little better every day.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
sam082602

Congrats to all the newbies plus to all of the retreads; and of course who could forget to say congrats to all the mid-timers and old-timers!! I am 704 days old!!

Old 07-30-2004, 11:44 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

day 4
i hate counting days
good thread
i thinks thats its goods fors alls of uses........huh?
time for ni ni
Aloha
Old 07-31-2004, 09:39 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

day 31. Hope all is well.. Keep up the tough work. I am still using this site for my major support. Reading the posts and forums helps me to understand that I am not alone. At the womens meeting I when to on thurs. I head women w/ years of recovery and how they are handling life now. I can admire their life's and think that I can learn to live sober. I still have not ask anyone to sponsor me. I have a list of names but have not used it yet. I do look forward to someday having these women in my life as friends but that will take time. I love the adult children of alcoholics threads and some of the others. I am also a dependent and have to realize I am sick because of that issue as well. Just the knowledge I've rec'd about all of these parts of addiction..make me realize that it is tough to lick, but it can be done. The first and formost thing is not to use..I have to be more active about a program or working one....but that will take time and I have to be patient. For now, SR is my support so guys and gals...thank you for being there for me..love you all..and have a great and sober day..one day at a time. randa
Old 08-14-2004, 06:19 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Kit

Hi, I'm checking in to say I am on day 6 and feel great!!! I've been sleeping so much better - have had weird dreams - but wake up feeling really good! My family didn't notice I wasn't drinking until last night. My husband went out to eat at the restaurant my daughter works at. When she waited on us and asked what we wanted, I said, "Ice water with lemon, please," and they both said, "Is that ALL?" My husband looked like he lost his best friend. He ordered a glass of wine and sadly drank it. Oh well, guess he'll have to get used to drinking alone. I don't know why, but this week has not been difficult. I really made up my mind, read SR everyday, and think about how free life will be without scotch. Today I have a cookout to go to. Wish me luck!! :shades:

Have you forgiven yourself, your mistakes?
Old 08-15-2004, 05:28 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Kit

Smile

I am now on day 7!!! I made it through the cookout I went to with my husband last night! :band Actually, it was hard because the people there were all very moderate drinkers. Just a couple of beers, 1 glass of wine, a couple of fancy blender drinks. I thought, "I, too, can have just a couple." At that moment the hostess asked me if I wanted a fancy blender drink and out of my mouth popped, "No thanks, I'm trying to stop doing that." Without missing a beat she replied, "What happened, take one fall too many?" I laughed and said, "You got it." Even though what she said may sound kind of rude, it was the perfect response. I didn't even desire a drink from that moment on. I think God was talking through her. I hope I can keep this up because I feel soooo good!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Kit, you are really a inspiration. It sounds to me like you are more then trying. You are doing. Your post have helped me. With the strength and positiveness they express. Thanks and good sober day to you.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Kit

Thank you, thank you, thank you kckman!!! Good sober day to you too! Love, Kit
Old 08-15-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Kit, Hurrah for you!!! I know how much will power it takes to say no especially when you are at a party with other social drinkers. I am on day 15 and as happy as can be. I have no desire to have a drink. Keep up the good work as I will try also. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy
Old 08-15-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Kit

Yaaayyy NancyEllen! 15 days is sooooo good! I pray this is truly it. This website is such a help for me. I really don't have anybody else to talk to - not the way the people on this site talk. Anyway, I know today is gloomy outside (good ol' hurricane Charlie is taking his final bow) but it sure is sunny at my computer desk! Today will be an excellent day to tackle just one of the many house projects I have. Hve a great day NancyEllen. Love, Kit
Old 08-15-2004, 04:02 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

hello all,
congrates to all for their clean time. I had a slip and am back to day 6 from 41. Needed to work a program. but i am back and until i can dev the sup netwk i need in f2f...i will be reading and posting as often as i can...as it seems to work for me. randa
Old 08-15-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Red face

I've just woken up to my third day without Pot & the panic attacks &
confusion have ceased for the moment.......I will NEVER touch Pot again
as long as I live!!
I'm a newbie I only joined SR yesterday.....Are their any other members
who are coming off Pot?
I can't wait till the THC gets out of my system......I love reality...........
By the way...my name is Simon....
Old 08-17-2004, 11:06 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Howdy all. I am 19 years old. I am an alcoholic/addict. I am on day 9 for the third time. It seems like it gets harder each time. It also seems harder every day. Just finished step one. Going to college on Thursday. SR has helped an incredible amount. Thanks for everyone support!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
5 MINUTES AT A TIME

Sober....34 Days

HEY THERE...CHECKING IN. everyday is a struggle for me right now. hang in there....never thought i would make 5 days. i drink because of depression,lonliness, lalalalalala!!! all that stuff. so i am struggling.

we can all hang in there together.go team go!!!!!!

34 days,,,,,
Old 08-17-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Kit

Smile

Jessica!!! We're both on day 9. Keep it up!! Good luck in college. If you're living on campus find an AA meeting through your health office, ok? Study hard and join some clubs.
Love, Kit

No guts no glory, the words are so true
I can let my old story be the one I dance to
Or I can find the power to rewrite the lines
And let my darkest hour be the one where I shine.........James Nihan
Old 08-18-2004, 06:11 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good Job Everyone!!!

It's been a while since I've posted, but have been hanging in there. Today is my 111th day of sobriety... Some days are easier than others, that's for sure and having a "heavy drinker" in the house, with all of the beer, wine and vodka in the fridge makes it more difficult at times... :sweat

But, each day that I wake up fresh, clear-headed, and feeling physically strong gives me that much more resolve.

So, congrats to all, day one or day 1,000+... :35: It's amazing what a little faith, strength, and determination can do after one admits they have a problem and chooses to do something about it!

Still an alcoholic, always a "newcomer", Deb
Old 08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Angry relapse,relapse,relapse

hi!!
my name is wild bill and i'm an alcoholic.
talk about being a newbie,i'm starting day one once again.can't stop relapsing.i was sober for 6 days last week.that's pretty good for me.woke up from a nap sat.afternoon and my automatic piolet kicked in and off to the liquor store i went. i've been getting drunk every night,feel sick every morning.i'm about ready to give up trying.alcohol has been a big part of my life for 50 years i'm 68 and maybe i'ts just too late. maybe this site will help.

love and peace

wild bill