View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 09:39 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
needtogrowup

day 31. Hope all is well.. Keep up the tough work. I am still using this site for my major support. Reading the posts and forums helps me to understand that I am not alone. At the womens meeting I when to on thurs. I head women w/ years of recovery and how they are handling life now. I can admire their life's and think that I can learn to live sober. I still have not ask anyone to sponsor me. I have a list of names but have not used it yet. I do look forward to someday having these women in my life as friends but that will take time. I love the adult children of alcoholics threads and some of the others. I am also a dependent and have to realize I am sick because of that issue as well. Just the knowledge I've rec'd about all of these parts of addiction..make me realize that it is tough to lick, but it can be done. The first and formost thing is not to use..I have to be more active about a program or working one....but that will take time and I have to be patient. For now, SR is my support so guys and gals...thank you for being there for me..love you all..and have a great and sober day..one day at a time. randa