Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Our collective will to prevail! Weekender thread Memorial Day 2014

Notices

Our collective will to prevail! Weekender thread Memorial Day 2014

Old 05-26-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Loved reading and catching up on this thread. Loved waking up this morning with yet another day off from work ahead. No direct plans but good to know it doesn't have to be spent recovering and sleeping off last evening antics. Walking through the day sober being open to possibilities is always a good day.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Saw this on facebook and thought I would share.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

home depot has free hot dogs and birch beer today! I picked up more garden supplies, + 1 tomatillo plant - great in salsas. Has a citrus like flavor. Very good ingredient for lots of things.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I think I am going to pry myself off the porch. Very busy morning. Meeting, planting. Then I tilled the vegetable bed. My dad has an electric tiller which is pretty sweet. It's lightweight and easy to maneuver. I have a postage stamp sized plot so it is perfect. The only drawback is the cord. I hate trying to figure out what to do with it and nearly strangled myself at one point.

I did read one thing at the meeting this morning that a friend had written down. Paralysis from analysis. So much a description of how I get stuck in one spot. Overthinking gets me in trouble. I will also probably do a meeting tonight. I went this morning because a friend has eight years today and I was there to celebrate with her. This evening, well, I have the key to the church where the meeting is held so I kind of have to be there before it starts.

Vegetables. I am going to buy them and plant them before rain comes. I won't have as many as Brain and nothing that spreads too much. Maybe I will buy tomatillo. Give it a whirl although I don't usually cook with it. Sugar snap pea seeds. Tomato and cucumber plants. Peppers. Maybe zucchini although I have trouble with squash. I get borers that kill the vines.

Later. Hope everyone is enjoying their free day!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

On this Memorial day I am grateful to the men and women of the military who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I am 100% certain I am free today because of them. I can give them no less thanks than by abstaining from alcohol which destroyed my freedom and made me a slave. Today is another day of victory over alcohol for me. Thanks Vets for your example of courage and fidelity! SEMPER FI!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by DefconOne View Post
alcohol which destroyed my freedom and made me a slave.
Exactly how I feel.

Gearing up to grill dinner. Chicken and brats. Mrs. Non is adding a salad. Gonna be yummy!

Great weekend.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

As it comes to a close, We are surviving and Sober. Memorial day was never a party day for me but I did survive a wedding. Phew! And... We are finally getting beautiful rain in my neck of the woods.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

My 4 day weekend is coming to a close. My balcony is sweet! Sitting here and having a fizzy water is better than the blind drunk and the $600 crack I bought on past memorial days!

Really good to see new faces and old here this weekend! Thank you for YOU helping me stay sober through my first sober Memorial Day in years and years!

Sit on my balcony with me for a toast.... No literally... I just made some rye toast. Lol

Old 05-26-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Here's to you, Weasel!

Thank you for bringing us all together for the weekends!!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for making this weekend happen! Ken, you have a gorgeous view and I hope your toast was good.

I'm going to have some ice cream, and then turn in. Turning the page on another successfully sober weekend.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Thanks Weasel and everyone on this post for making my weekend! My best to all of you as we get back into our regular weekday routines. See you next weekend!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thanks all for a great thread, its so great to wake up sober on the Tuesday after a long holiday weekend.