Notices

Every Bunny is some Bunny! Easter holiday weekender thread!

Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Sat morning here in Oz. Made it thru dinner with a former drinking buddy and even told her why I wasn't drinking. Think I will be ok this weekend, what a relief. Hang in there Lilac, you can do this too x
Old 04-18-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you lilac
Old 04-18-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Lilac I hope you are doing well. You can do it. Hang out here with us!

Got Easter basket stuff, assembled them and hid them in the garage. Hung out at my parents house and went to a meeting. Home now and while Non will be "shedding" this weekend my fuzzy cat is really shedding. I have to find the cat brush. Disgusting.

Waiting to go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be busy with piano practices and baseball practice and grocery shopping. Fun stuff!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey diddlly hi soberinos ,
Off out to the coast today , mex-m8 is doing the driving

I'll check in later if i haven't been reduced to a quivering wreck , he's prey cool though so should be ok .

Us at the beach at aldeburgh, with Maggi Hambling's shell sculpture .

Lot's to see and do as long as i keep sober , stay on the right path everyone .

Bestwishes, traveling m
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF0005.jpg (95.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning Sober Weekenders!!

Arrived into work, it's only a half day until 1pm, then off untill Tuesday for Easter, but I think a strong coffee is needed, this sitting up watching the Ice Hockey on this side of the Atlantic is tough going, though still easier than going to work with a hangover!!

Not much planned for later, proably take it easy for the rest of the weekend when I clock off!!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Off the the gym in my bunny slippers! See you in a few!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to mention . . . the Snooker World Championships begin today in Sheffield!!

I get ridiculed every year for wasting such great weather by sitting in watching hours of snooker for 2 whole weeks . . . but this year if it's with plenty of cups of tea rather than a beer . . . then what's the harm?!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Woke up at 0630 to the sound of rain against the glass. Mrs Non loves that sound, so I got a better offer than jumping right up and posting on SR

Watched Wolf of Wall Street last night. It was entertaining, but I am always conflicted when the movie sets you up to like the bad guy.

Looks like the rain is going to last at least all morning, so I think I will measure and cut the trim pieces for the shed and hope for good weather this afternoon to attach them.

Hey, PK, my grocer offers Irish Breakfast Tea, is it worth a sample? I typically drink Oolong or English Breakfast tea.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon. Thanks M for the picture of the sculpture. That is cool. Art in the a.m.

I am sort of awake. I never feel like doing anything when I wake up. Motivation for a new day? Should I eat breakfast now or wait? Showering?

Bright sunny day for us here. Ooh. Just remembered that I have a pot roast in the fridge. That needs cooking. I can put it in slow cooker now for dinner.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! Working on mile 7 already today!

Non... I found the movie redundant and gratuitous to a fault. Got boring once I saw the first five minutes get repeated for three hours.

Spicy crab corn chowder on the menu! This will knock your socks off! Or bunny slippers.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

My creepy bunny! Yum!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Hey, PK, my grocer offers Irish Breakfast Tea, is it worth a sample? I typically drink Oolong or English Breakfast tea.
Defo . . . worth a try out!!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I found the movie redundant and gratuitous to a fault. Got boring once I saw the first five minutes get repeated for three hours.
I agree. They are reprobates -we get it! Although there was something about seeing Jonah Hill be a reprobate that never got old for me.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ok everyone! Saturday afternoon check in!

It's quiet out there and when it's quiet it can mean a few things.

Struggling? Ok... Then share about it.

Drank? Ok ... then share about it.

Sober? Ok ... then share about it.

Drink drank drunk it's still ok to share about it.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by christimc View Post
I'm in for a sober weekend! Lots of riding to so on the back of hubby's Harley and then maybe some movies for late night
I'm Jealous! Have a Great Weekend!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Ok everyone! Saturday afternoon check in!

It's quiet out there and when it's quiet it can mean a few things.

Struggling? Ok... Then share about it.

Drank? Ok ... then share about it.

Sober? Ok ... then share about it.

Drink drank drunk it's still ok to share about it.
Workin' on the yard , just chillin' watching grass grow and working in the garage! Have a Great Weekend All!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Weasel1966,

I really enjoyed your post. Because I use to be the same way with putting blankets over the window thinking I could hide from everyone and be by myself. I used cocaine and I would stay up for days at a time. But now, I am sober and I still am in the up all night and don't go to bed until 4am and then I am back up at 12noon!! I am starting to realize that I am wasting my life away. So I have got a membership to a gym which I have been really enjoying. I also got a membership to the tanning bed so maybe I can get darker and my arms won't look that bad anymore. I have also been attending college and getting A's & B's a lot now. Before I was sober my college grades were C's and D's and I would miss school all the time. Now, I love going outside in the sun and I don't trap myself inside. I am getting dress right now to go to a big place that sells stuff at crap prices!! Kind of like a flea market if anyone has been to one of those but this is bigger and better. I will be there for probably about 5 hours which will give me a lot of exercise walking around all afternoon! Then Sunday I am going to attend church and then the family is going out to eat!!
I hope everyone else has a wonderful Easter and don't stay in the house!! Go somewhere and just enjoy the sun outside.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Having deep thoughts today. Reading the new book "Why Science Doesn't Disprove God". First off, I am a lapsed catholic who goes to church for funerals and weddings (sadly the funerals are outpacing the weddings these days). I'm not an evangelical either, don't believe in a personal god who cares about my day to day life, but do find myself at times (both good and bad) talking with god, my higher power, the creator, whatever, and that does provide me some comfort I must admit. I am more of a "is there a reason for me, for us, being here" and what is it? This question struck me hard when my Dad died. If the answer is yes, there is a reason, then what is it? If the answer is no, that for me is a very lonely thought. So anyways, got interested in this book from a review in the NY Times because of the question of faith. The reviewer claims that much of the new atheism is based on the idea that through quantum physics we can theorize that the universe sprang out of nothing, and for no reason (I am a toxicologist by day, not a physicist so please excuse my lame attempt to explain). So anyways, after looking at all the latest theories for the universe's existence, the reviewer distilled it down to three possibilities; all based upon the fact that our universe is so amazingly "fine tuned" for life to exist;
1. There is a quantum law (we just haven't discovered it yet) for these exact parameters to be what they are, and they just happen to support life.
2. There is a God
3. Ours in one of an infinite number of universes popping out of the quantum foam and just by infinite possibility is fine tuned for life ( like a 100 monkeys typing forever will eventually reproduce all of Shakespeare).

The irony is that if you believe in numbers #2 or #3 (the theological or the scientific) you have to rely on FAITH, because there is no proof, except maybe for #2 in the transcendent experience.

Of course most of this is beyond my ken and none of it answers any of my questions, but it is humbling and wonderful to contemplate what a mystery life is. Even more so sober, and I like that.

Ok, off to walk the dog and enjoy this beautiful day. Happy sober Saturday!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

whelp, went fishing this morning. checked in with the missus and went fishing again. awesome day outside didn't catch a thing - except sunburn.
Just had me 2 hot dogs (hot peperncheese variety) with chopped onions, pickle relish, horseradish mustard and washed it down with a huge glass of milk. Breakfast of champions at 2 in the afternoon. need to shower, someone said I stink. do some yard work and try to catch some hockey - how bout them redwings? Oh, that's for the hockey thread.
I've started to grab for milk whenever I enter the home now. It's my new go to drink.
Still drink lots of water every day too. And I'm beginning to remember vitamins and my glucosamine chondroitan tablets that I was supposed to be taking for almost ten years now. I guess late is better than never. Another minus for the alcohol, I didn't take too good care of myself aside from the drinking.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Listening to the Met's live broadcast of Arabella and whipping up some polenta in preparation for family dinner tomorrow. A year ago I never would have believed that I could cook Italian food and listen to opera without a glass of red wine (or vodka) in my hand!