Notices

Every Bunny is some Bunny! Easter holiday weekender thread!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lovely thread Ken.

I enjoy seeing what everyone's up to. So proud of each & every one of you.

Snow on the ground here so no gardening yet. Will eat chocolate. Probably go for a hike. Always wanted to make an Easter sunrise service, but even sober - it's probably not going to happen.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

It actually slipped my mind that it was Easter this weekend. I actually try to use that time to go to places like the mall or the theater during such holidays.

I don't really have any plans for this weekend. To be honest, it will probably pass as any of the others have, very uneventfully.

I am planning on going to the farmer's market on Saturday if the rain has let up. Here's hoping!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
It actually slipped my mind that it was Easter this weekend.
This was me last year. I was standing outside of a church after an AA meeting. I was 6 days sober. Someone was leaving and said Happy Easter. I said I had forgotten it was Easter and they said, "It is a wonderful day to be sober".

A year later and I could not agree more
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just returned home from airport sending my son off for the next 10 days visiting a friend in California. Vermont and California are very far away My parents are also out of the country. That leaves me and the pup. I have next week of for school vacation. TONS of triggers going on so I'm needing to be really careful to not give in to a drink as "no one would know". I'll be sticking close to SR too. I also forgot it was Easter this weekend; no one to make dinner for or to fill Easter baskets for I see a chocolate easter bunny in my future
Old 04-17-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone, it is already Good Friday here in Oz. Looking forward to a quiet weekend with a few social things on the radar which I would rather not attend but unfortunately must. I am not anxious about them though even though there will be alcohol there, that is a sign for me that things are changing for the better.

Looking forward to time with my husband, my two furry dogs, some meditation, hot cross buns and of course chocolate!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Soberclover, I'm sure you will be ok!

I also have a puppy and my 7 year old is not with me, he's in Florida with his mom. Spending time alone can be a challenge in early recovery. But I look forward to the smirk I'll have on my face after my SOBER weekend!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have to get kids in bed and then hopefully relax for a tiny bit. Tomorrow is work but I get to leave early. I am going to use that time to get the Easter basket stuff. My son doesn't believe in the Easter bunny but my daughter does.

I was so glad to see how many people are checking in this weekend. It is awesome!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in! I'm headed to my parents' house tomorrow and will stay through Monday. The drive is four hours each way so I got some mystery novels on CD. It's going to be low-key, just hanging out and visiting. I feel relaxed and excited about going. The last time I was home was Christmas, and it was my first sober Christmas so was kind of nervous. Easter doesn't have near the triggers at home as Christmas did.

Also, I have been pretty good about not buying bags of Reese's Easter candy when they've been 2 for $5 at Rite Aid for what seems like months. Okay, so maybe I slipped once. Or twice. In any case, I will be glad that all of the Easter candy is not staring at me anymore next week!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm in. We're not doing much for Easter other than a neighborhood egg hunt with the local kids. We're actually skipping a family gathering on Easter morning that involves the adults drinking mimosas and bloody Mary's. yep, my family turned Easter into a drinking holiday. I'm actually okay being around booze, but I'm just not feeling up to hanging around buzzed people at 9:00AM.
Happy sober Easter everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Wishing everybunny a great holiday! I got my sober plan all set and looking forward to it.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

this bunny is in
Old 04-17-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yup totally spending a sober Easter. Celebrating my granddaughter's 4th birthday on Saturday and also working Sunday.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Deek.....my son watched that with me and says "what is this"? I told him it's my support group I'm in for a sober week-end!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
..... be really careful to not give in to a drink as "no one would know". I'll be sticking close to SR too. I also forgot it was Easter this weekend; no one to make dinner for or to fill Easter baskets for I see a chocolate easter bunny in my future

You would know, soberclover, and you are the most important one!
I am sure you can stay strong....hit up as many chocolate bunnies as you need to! And hang out here in the weekend thread! You can do it!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LDT

I'm in. Starting Good Friday tomorrow morning with yoga by the lake. Then tomorrow evening will attend a performance of the Mozart Requiem. Sunday will be a ( ahem ) tense Easter lunch with parental units (prayers accepted).....Then we're finally off to escape on the boat for a few days.

Happy Easter Everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Deeker, I love that song, the traditional version too but especially this one. hehe
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Too much talk of chocolate! I'm sitting here still in my work clothes and the waist band is digging into me. I've been eating too much candy. I used to eat anything and everything and never be worried about putting on weight but my metabolism has changed, sadly. Maybe I will give up chocolate for Lent. Oops. Too late.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Checking in for a sober weekend! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'll be sober for sure but it will still suck. I'm a chef. Anyone that's ever worked a restaurant job will know what I mean about holidays sucking bigtime.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Soberclover ,
you'd know … know all about it .. remember all the sweatiness , the discomfort , itchy skin , pounding head , bloodshot eyes , bodily functions going out of control ,

Goaldcoast girl , way to go , even now i still have get out plans for social functions .. i make sure i have my own car and am not obligated to give drinkers lifts because some of them like to stay till way past my boredom threshold .

Good friday here in the UK . Resurrection eh ? seems to me every drunk who gets sober is a kind of miracle . born and re-born . I'm ringing the freedom bell for you, come join us in sober glory and freedom .

*ring ring*

m