Notices

Every Bunny is some Bunny! Easter holiday weekender thread!

Old 04-17-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Arrow Every Bunny is some Bunny! Easter holiday weekender thread!

What? To candy corny?

That's a very true statement! Everybody is somebody! And that means you too!

I posted this past week about being lonely. Perhaps with a dash of feeling sorry for my self thrown in to boot.

Sometimes we get ourselves in such a place where even the longer days, the blooming buds and flowers and the warm sun are shut out of our vision because of guilt and shame.

This drunk was not a fan of sunrise. As a crackhead I hung sheets on the windows when the sun came up so I could try and wring another puff out of my uncooperative pipe.

But you cannot stop the sun. It rises on you everyday. You can choose to see it and feel it or, like I did, try to hide.

This weekend... Let's choose to feel it.

Of all the holidays this is the least drinking focused it seems. That's good. But it's still a long weekend for many. Still a family time we can feel left out.

Post and say hello. Share what you are doing or just do a drive by with a simple hello. Either way we are here for you!

Ken

Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I am ready for the weekend. It is spring break around here and lots of people took the week off to be with their families. That's great, but it makes for a dull work week. Duller than normal, even!

I have Friday off, the weather is supposed to be good, and I am determined to finish that shed. You all will probably be glad to have me post about something else for a change!

After the shed is done I am going to make some Adirondack chairs. Then I am going to build an outdoor kitchen on my deck. Got the HVAC guy and the natural gas guy coming tomorrow, and a contractor is coming to give me an estimate on a retractable awning for my deck on Saturday.

The building never stops at casa de Non - but it keeps me from thinking about drinking my breakfast, and that's a very good thing!

Old 04-17-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

More chocolate than anything else!!

Though with lent coming to an end, a few people I know as always will be texting this weekend to say "I've had a great 40 days Sober, are you up for going out to get hammered?" . . . the humour in religion is never lost around Easter time.

I'm off work Fri and Mon, but am in Sat morning, so that'll break things up!!

Going to visit a few relatives this weekend I think, some I haven't seen since Xmas, you know the ones that you only check in with around Easter and Xmas, plus I'll be sitting up into the wee hours for the NHL.

Let's do it Weekenders!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Eeeeep! You reminded me that I need to get Easter stuff for my kids! My DD is 9 and still believes in the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause.

I'm going to stay busy this weekend working and dying eggs and eating candy. lol
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in baby!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Reporting in for a sober weekend!

I'm cleaning the house from to to bottom, that will keep me busy!

Thanks Weasel for getting the ball rolling
Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in because I'm European, and some of my best holidays in the far past were during Easter. So many cool stories... Not sure what story I'll create this time, but I like the holiday. Also, I have not felt happy about spring for dunno how many years now... a bit different now

Thanks Weasel; have a fun weekend everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am in!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend! Lots of riding to so on the back of hubby's Harley and then maybe some movies for late night
Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Me too!

Am moving house shortly, so will be busy de-cluttering & generally chasing my tail. And (apparently) weather is supposed to be beautiful, so will make for some time outdoors too...
Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for getting us started. I'm in. You put voice to what I've been feeling about the change in season. Been struggling a bit. No alcohol at my family Easter. Gramps is hosting and he quit drinking years ago. Don't know if he is an alcoholic but he said it was because it wasn't good for him and hey, he is 93 and still golfing, working and living by himself since my gram passed so it says something, right?

Time for me to get ready for work. I will be scrambling because I am on here too much lately. But saw the anticipated weekend thread and had to, just had to chime in.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In for a sober weekend. On Easter Sunday I am having dinner with my family...about 8-9 of us around the table. My brother is coming home for two days next Monday, en route to his friends wedding so we are going out to a restaurant. Hope you all have a great weekend and happy Easter!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Working through the weekend! No family plans. The grandparents invited me for Easter afternoon, but I declined. While they don't drink - if anything they are raging teetotalers who pooh-pooh anybody who drinks the "evil poison" (yes, I'm in the Bible belt...) - anyway, while they don't drink, they're also somehow very triggering for me. Probably a control issue.

Anyway, my Easter gift to myself is actually saying no to their invite, not feeling obligated to be the good granddaughter and come through. There will be other, less stressful, times to see them.

The weather here should be fair to middlin', partly cloudy and a high of 79.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in! Looking forward to some time with my family, hopefully outdoors in the sunshine (being optimistic)..nice food and possibly some choc thrown in for good measure.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I have bought a big chocolate egg for mex-m8 . one for mum as well ..
I might buy a really small one for mex-m8 and then hide the big one

Errrmm nothing else planned .. paperwork to do and a long weekend to relax through ..

Better get on with the paperwork ..

L8r , m
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hanging with family on Sunday. Not happy about it. Major trigger for me. But I will get through it...SOBER this time!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Get to work this weekend like every other weekend...but we having Easter dinner on Monday so looking forward to some good food then!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Bought some Easter flowers at the grocery store this evening. Like the house to smell nice.

Ok... And some chocolates eggs as well.

I blew the diet I was on so I need to get back to it. This weekend seems like a good time.

Getting ready for a marathon of breaking bad off netflix.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in!

Plans include running, biking, cleaning up the garden, cooking Easter dinner for the family, and some overdue spring cleaning...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hoppin' down the sober trail,
Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way!