Notices

30 Day Challenge!

Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Congrats all.

Day 8 and feeling great. Enjoying exercise instead of drinking.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 10 and all is well. Have a great Monday :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober Today

30 will be a record for me in the past few years so I'm in. Start IOP today which should help.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Greeneggsandham - what does IOP mean? The acronyms go over my head sometimes
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 12 sleeping likea. Champ lately.

Had a life revelation today regardi ng a personal hobby of mine. Really excited to put new plan into action.

I keep getting urges to drink abeer. Or hit the weed but somehow im managing not . Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I managed 30 days last March, never felt better.........unfortunately, those 30 days are the longest i've lasted.

It's 4:30 am and i've had a drink tonight, hence rightfully my 30 day goal starts Feb 26th but, please count me in. Great idea for a thread.

Oh BTW, i'm with Marathonman..............can one of you Americans pls explain what IOP is, i've always wondered i'm assuming it's some kind of detox?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Greeneggs....good luck with the treatment, I hope it works for you, check in when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Krete - whats the hobby? I know how you feel, my new running master plan is what is helping to keep my motivation levels high.

Lifetplant- good decision to stop, hope you still feel like stopping the morning.

Day 18 drawing to a close for me....like krete i'm sleeping like a champ and starting to get a more refreshed outlook because of it.

James are you still around? Hope you're doing ok.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Hope for change

24 days
Old 03-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all it's James(18), how's everyone doing? I am locked of my old account so have not been online for a while. I had a 'slip' a few days ago, but have not drank since. Hopefully you've done better than me.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
Greeneggs....good luck with the treatment, I hope it works for you, check in when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Krete - whats the hobby? I know how you feel, my new running master plan is what is helping to keep my motivation levels high.

Lifetplant- good decision to stop, hope you still feel like stopping the morning.

Day 18 drawing to a close for me....like krete i'm sleeping like a champ and starting to get a more refreshed outlook because of it.

James are you still around? Hope you're doing ok.
Hi MarathonMan, sounds like you're doing really well. I'm doing OK thanks other than the slip, which really wasn't bad. Technically though I failed the challenge, but it's ultimately doing me good trying. I've been for some blood tests which have revealed a (hopefully minor) liver problem which while bad news, has spurred me on to keep going.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi james glad youre doing ok and hope you are back on the wagon where we all belong.

I hit my 30 day today so challenge complete......i'm now starting to make bigger and further reaching plans which I will enjoy in my continued sobriety.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

congrats on 30 days and beyond marathonman

good to seeyou back James-what are you planning on doing differently this time? It is concerning you don't see your drinking as that bad. I'm not trying to make you feel bad but if you're serious about sobriety then any drinking isn't great
Old 03-08-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I had no doubts about you Marathon Man...sometimes its just obvious who is serious about this.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Jdooner - thanks for the vote of confidence....i just knew it was time to make a change....i had to get my life back, have goals again instead of hiding under my drink induced rock....i already feel like i'm becoming whole again instead of a walking talking drink problem....hopefully soon ill be able to define myself by my goals again instead of my weaknesses.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Jdooner - thanks for the vote of confidence....i just knew it was time to make a change....i had to get my life back, have goals again instead of hiding under my drink induced rock....i already feel like i'm becoming whole again instead of a walking talking drink problem....hopefully soon ill be able to define myself by my goals again instead of my weaknesses.
I loved reading this.

Way to go MarathonMan.....it's going to get better and better.

Time to celebrate

:day

30 DAYS!! AWESOME

Old 03-08-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Originally Posted by james186 View Post
I'm doing OK thanks other than the slip, which really wasn't bad. Technically though I failed the challenge, but it's ultimately doing me good trying.
James I'm so happy you've reported in.

You didn't fail, you're here, that speaks volumes. Failing is not trying to help yourself, period. I think, we put to much pressure on ourselves at times.

I started a challenge in the women's part. I'm trying to make it FUN, learning to have a new healthier life, should be fun. If someone slips back, they start at 1 again, no biggy. We're there to help support them. It gives us a goal, not to mention challenging ourselves, while we work on a program

You're going to DO THIS
Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi james glad youre doing ok and hope you are back on the wagon where we all belong.

I hit my 30 day today so challenge complete......i'm now starting to make bigger and further reaching plans which I will enjoy in my continued sobriety.
Brilliant news. Glad you did 30 days! If you can do that I'm sure you can do anything you put your mind to.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jus View Post
James I'm so happy you've reported in.

You didn't fail, you're here, that speaks volumes. Failing is not trying to help yourself, period. I think, we put to much pressure on ourselves at times.

I started a challenge in the women's part. I'm trying to make it FUN, learning to have a new healthier life, should be fun. If someone slips back, they start at 1 again, no biggy. We're there to help support them. It gives us a goal, not to mention challenging ourselves, while we work on a program

You're going to DO THIS
Thanks jus, and it sounds like a good plan. That's what I've done - started at day one. I'm on day 8 again now and am determined to see the 30 days through. I started the thread so it's gonna look pretty crap if I can't even do my own challenge!

Even though I've slipped quite a few times, I'm beginning to feel the benefits of (a lot) less alcohol going through my system, which is helping me stay a lot more active. I've been walking, mountain biking, doing weights and have even started sketching again which I haven't done in years, which helps with boredom.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

poker is my hobby been making some money at it lately, and want to take it to the next level. Alcohol and the tables have always been hand in hand with me, but since I've stopped drinking, the results are not lying.