Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

7th , 8th & 9th of feb 2014 weekend thread let's all muddle through till monday :0)

Notices

7th , 8th & 9th of feb 2014 weekend thread let's all muddle through till monday :0)

Old 02-07-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm in for another clean weekend. And congrats on the job, Mecanix. We don't have any special plans-kind of a mellow weekend for us. For me, it brings me some peace that I'm getting to the point where I do not have to plan hour by hour how I'm going to pull it off. If I end up with some down time, it's okay to sit on a Saturday and just watch the rain come down, listen to the kids (break up a few fights), and just be, just breathe, just be thankful for life, for sobriety. We can do this, everyone. Make plans and prepare if that's where you are-it's important-and if you're just cruzing, enjoy the ride.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Originally Posted by sobercatholic View Post
I am thinking about a job interview I had yesterday. Why? It went well. When I spoke with him earlier this week by phone, he seemed to be trying to sell me on the job. Yesterday he implied my being hired is almost a done deal. I should hear from him today. Won't be convinced I'm working again until I get that call...
Well..... I GOT THE CALL!!!!! I go up on Monday to sign up, do the HR thang and probably begin Tuesday! w00t!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm in too guys!

Today is day 8 of being clean and sober and I'm feeling good. I'm preparing for Spring Semester which starts on Monday. I'm taking 15 units this term so I'll be extremely busy; it's a mid-life career change.

It's going to be a pretty relaxing weekend and I'll probably go to the gym either on Saturday, or Sunday, or both.

This is the best I've felt in a long time. I'm excited about being permanently clean and sober.

Peace!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Y'all ,
It's great to have people joining in and doing it

At the beginning of my sobriety i just sat in bed the whole weekend with the laptop , some dvd's and the kitchen cupboards stocked up with food .. I reckoned that could be my fall back scenario of safety and i could add more life to it as i felt stronger and more confident in my sobriety . after a few months thats what i did and i've been slowly coming back to life ever since

Keep on …

m
Old 02-07-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats SoberCatholic on the job! Awesome. A little spring in your step for the weekend.

Jaybee, join the crew here this weekend. A great place to hang out and find support. Don't get down. Today is a new day.

BigSombrero, I'm thinking a trip to Garfield Park Conservatory for warmth and greenery in the middle of winter. Maybe I will head out there if I can get any takers. My parents used to take us there when it was frigid.

I am waiting and hoping for an email. Twenty years ago, through bad choices related to drunkenness, a cherished bracelet I had was lost while i was drunk or stolen by an alcoholic ex boyfriend. My great grandmother had brought it back from Denmark back in the sixties. I have always regretted its loss and with the advent of the Internet periodically scour eBay and other sites for a duplicate replacement. I found it last night. But it is in Denmark. I sent an email to the antiques dealer who is offering it but I don't speak Danish and I am hoping someone there speaks English and that it hasn't been sold. If nothing results from it I will be disappointed but will, at least, have a picture of it and I now know who made it so I can continue the search.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ruby most people from denmark have pretty good english (they were able to pick up some british telly ) and most europeans have seen films and music in american english so as to be able to understand most of the basics

I hope you get a reply and the price isn't too extreme , m
Old 02-07-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am definitely in for another sober weekend! I am so glad to hear about all the new jobs coming up for my SR friends. It is really inspiring to me. I hope that once I am finished school my sobriety will help me get and keep a good job.

My weekend plans include studying for midterms, donating blood, catching a movie, hopefully going to the gym, and going cross-border shopping with a girlfriend. All in all I am think it will be a good albeit cold weekend for me.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobercatholic View Post
Well..... I GOT THE CALL!!!!! I go up on Monday to sign up, do the HR thang and probably begin Tuesday! w00t!!!
YES! Way to GO!!! Now you are cooking with gas! Congratulations, thanks for spreading the positive vibes!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix! positive vibes and just got a reply to my email!!! The bracelet is available and not at all outrageously expensive, in fact, half what I thought it would be. Of course my dad had to say "if you hadn't lost the first one..." Now to figure out how to pay internationally. I don't want to throw my credit card info over the web to a shop I don't know. *****!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Btw,

Congratulations to all reporting great news and feeling good about the weekend. Lots of positive vibes up in here.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in!

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments this week. Good motivation.

No real plans, might look into a facility to do lap swimming. A sport I always liked, but not much fun with a wicked hangover. Dumping the booze makes more positive things possible.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Now you are cooking with gas!
LOL! I thought only my wife said that!!!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Count me in for Sober Weekend #2!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm in! Okay, so I'm a Seahawk fan, and well, those signs are all over Seattle! Still!

I love having the extra time, long hours to putter and organize and clean and relax. Love love love it! Way more fun!

XXX
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

So what is Olive cooking this weekend?

Just got back from a meeting. It was a big book meeting, chapter to the agnostics. Now, the guy giving the lead is good and he is funny but sometimes funny detracts from the message. He was talking about making changes and then coping with difficult people - the people who put sand in your Vaseline. Now that is all I can think of. Ugh. Sand in the Vaseline. Kind of like sand in sunscreen.

Some laundry and check movie times before picking up the kids from school.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

One of the worst weeks at work ever!! anything that could go wrong did go wrong!!

Anyways, finally started to figure this stress business out without alcohol, a very very long walk in the fresh air, with a few ipod tunes playing and then a warm pot of Green Tea and a dvd, that's the plan tonight, and of course SR for company!!

Tomorrow, it's Ice Hockey night, looking forward to chilling out and a hangover free fresh Sunday morning. Gonna miss the NFL on Sunday night though!!

Let's do this everyone!!