Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

7th , 8th & 9th of feb 2014 weekend thread let's all muddle through till monday :0)

Notices

7th , 8th & 9th of feb 2014 weekend thread let's all muddle through till monday :0)

Old 02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
So what is Olive cooking this weekend?
Pulled the last organic chicken from the freezer this morning. The chicken soup that I made last week was so good that I am making another batch.
Also, some oatmeal cookies for my Dad.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend...sober of course. Great to hear people's positive news. Not sure what the weekend will bring, but I know I will remember it...yay!!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Count me in, too...it's cold and snowy here and I'm feeling like I need a little extra support.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in, thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Count me in also! This is the coldest winter with record amounts of snowfall my city has ever seen. And I just lost my license this AM. But I am sober and God willing will stay that way.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm in . . .it's gonna be tough . . .i have the house to myself tonight. Normally this would be a great excuse to drink. I will stay strong.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I'm in tonight, but that's all I can commit to...
Things are abysmal lately.
Somethings gotta give!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for a sober week-end.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hang in there everyone. We can all do this. reach out when you need to.

The horse thing in the Olympics opening ceremony was pretty and pretty darn cool. The Lego Movie was good. I enjoyed it. It was funny. My 5 year old daughter had wandering attention but sat pretty quietly. My son sat rapt for the entirety but said it wasn't what he expected. It wasn't what I expected. My reaction, and I think my son's had to do with the ending which I won't spoil. There were no swear words harsher than "dang it!" I think the rating was due to lego violence.

We got home and ate some pizza. I cleaned up around the house and then read to my son.. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Everyone is in bed. Long day and since I took the day off from work, I still have two more days off. Then two days of work and then Wednesday off for Abraham Lincoln's birthday. An Illinois state/government holiday.

I want some of olive's soup. Still bitterly cold here. Four degrees? Tons of snow. Tired of this. Daughter now snoring softly. Ah. Time to turn in myself.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Thanks for starting us off m! I'm in.

I'm 7 months sober today. I couldn't have done it without all you wonderful people here at SR.

To those in their early days or not yet on day 1 - if I can do it, you definitely can! Stay close to SR, and to this thread this weekend xx
Old 02-08-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

well friday night was uneventful , mex-m8 stayed out till late so i didn't get to pop round . Thats cool though i kinda like fridays to relax and spend "me" time where i don't do anything much other than watch family guy and american dad if i can stay awake that late . watch something funny on u-tube , or watch some UG Krishnamurti .

I always like to wake up well rested on a sober saturday morning , the weekend is full of promise of being great when ya sober .. especially when your sober finances have kicked in . I've found drinking is a poor answer to financial issues, save myself the £60 a week and i've been sober over 100 weeks now so thats £6000 … any of you drinkers want a £3000 per year pay rise ?

gonna have a nice long shower, have some bacon , i've got the coffee pot on the go , put the washing into the machine . I might look through Gutenberg free online library and browse some books . i might read "a vagabond journey around the world" again or "klondike" by pierre berton .

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Checking in. Gonna work on being more organized today. I have a lot of things I want to get done, but I frequently get distracted and don't get to them. Then later I feel overwhelmed. (This was the topic of my CBT appt yesterday, so I feel motivated to work at it today.)

The new dog we adopted a few weeks ago is a real gem so far. She's just laying here at my feet being a sweetie.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Not much happening here, I am off tomorrow and I work Sunday. And Monday is a holiday here in BC so I get time and half for working that day .
Old 02-08-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

My go to word for the next few months is "rejuvenate".

I heard it from someone in some context and I can't remember when or who but it stuck with me. Not a common word in my vocabulary. But a powerful one for me at this juncture.

What will make ken feel just a little bit connected to anything today. What will make me feel any emotion. I have been flat recently and need to give a jump to it all.

I found this new app for my my iPad called cycloramic. It allows you to take pictures and it turns them into 360 views of where you are at. I am heading to the lighthouses here in Maine to take a picture of them. Try to collect some of the best scenery maine has to offer and it has a lot to see.

Olive.... I was getting up thinking of what I want to cook and chicken soup came to mind. Gonna make my stock a little later. You put anything past the chicken and mirepoix?

Lots of great news here this weekend... To add a little more I changed my team at work. The original was not a challenge and I convinced them they did not need me. Lol. So I got put on a more challenging team that has actual work to do. Idol hands and all can be bad for this druggie drinker. I tend to be thinking about work when home and if I don't have that I get really bored.

Happy sober Saturday folks!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm in. Still in bed but got a cup of coffee on my mind to get me up. Not much planned other than a long walk with the dog. Got a fitbit so have to reach my 10000 step goal every day. Best to all. Will be checking in to SR of course.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey tiptree... I just got a fitbit last week. Did 6500 steps already this morning and 31 active minute. Just got back from the gym. Looks like today is the first I will hit 10000 steps.

Good luck with it.

Have you tried the sleep monitor yet?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
My go to word for the next few months is "rejuvenate".

I heard it from someone in some context and I can't remember when or who but it stuck with me. Not a common word in my vocabulary. But a powerful one for me at this juncture.

What will make ken feel just a little bit connected to anything today. What will make me feel any emotion. I have been flat recently and need to give a jump to it all.

I found this new app for my my iPad called cycloramic. It allows you to take pictures and it turns them into 360 views of where you are at. I am heading to the lighthouses here in Maine to take a picture of them. Try to collect some of the best scenery maine has to offer and it has a lot to see.

Olive.... I was getting up thinking of what I want to cook and chicken soup came to mind. Gonna make my stock a little later. You put anything past the chicken and mirepoix?

Lots of great news here this weekend... To add a little more I changed my team at work. The original was not a challenge and I convinced them they did not need me. Lol. So I got put on a more challenging team that has actual work to do. Idol hands and all can be bad for this druggie drinker. I tend to be thinking about work when home and if I don't have that I get really bored.

Happy sober Saturday folks!
Hey man, I love Maine. I have a friend who owns an old cabin not far from Bar Harbor.
We would do a road trip up there every year. It was so isolated and peaceful.
We would always stop at Atlantic Brewing Company and have the Blueberry Ale and the Ry Cooder!!
Wonder if that place is still around?
Must be cold as hell up there too, eh?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan Dare View Post
Hey man, I love Maine. I have a friend who owns an old cabin not far from Bar Harbor. We would do a road trip up there every year. It was so isolated and peaceful. We would always stop at Atlantic Brewing Company and have the Blueberry Ale and the Ry Cooder!! Wonder if that place is still around? Must be cold as hell up there too, eh?
I spent two summers working in a remote part of Maine outside Bangor. One of the most beautiful places I've been in the states. I had my first moose encounter there.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Not sure of my schedule today but appreciating the time to enjoy a cup of coffee and look out the window on this sunny day in Vermont. Sun has been rare here I like the idea of rejuvenation as I feel like my work has been sucking the life out of me lately. I can tell because I'm feeling extra squirrely; not wanting to drink but just feeling "off". I may read from "Brainstorm", which is about the adolescent brain....one of my favorite research areas. I'm thinking getting out for a walk would be good too despite the cold.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Dan and tang... Yes Maine is very picturesque. I love it.

Soberclover.... Love the word squirrly it coveys the drinking itch perfectly. But you have been here before and let the mood pass. Today will be no different.

Making roasted potato and leek soup. Mmm.