Notices

CONFESSIONAL! What stupid things have you done drunk?

Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by lastcallsunday View Post
I walked to the store to get cigarretes even though I don't smoke. Got lost on my. Way home and stumbled into someones back yard, broke one of their yard lights and passed out. They called the cops who woke me up to take me home and told them that they are only messing with me because I'm african american. Only problem is that I'm of scandinavian descent...cringeworthy!!
Lmaoooo!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dhg66 View Post
After drinking a pint of vodka and out of heroin, I placed my 1 and 2 yo children in my car drove to a pharmacy parked out front left them in the car alone and robbed the pharmacy.

was arrested outside after being subdued, the police called my wife to come pick the babies up at the jail, while she was on her night shift as an RN. 2 days later the front page story was "city Firefighter arrested for armed robbery"

never again saw the inside of fire truck, a trusting marriage or custody of my children . that's how my journey started
That is just such a sad story. Thank God that you are rewriting the ending. There is a great saying in AA: "More will be revealed". You say that since then you haven't ever seen custody of your children, a trusting marriage, even the inside of a fire truck. I say "yet".

More will be revealed.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AG2013 View Post
Worst thing? I let my dog die because I was too drunk to realize she needed a vet.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

These are funny and very frightening. My stories seem very tame compared to these
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastcallsunday
I walked to the store to get cigarretes even though I don't smoke. !

Lol what on earth possesses us to do that ...well ...we do know xx
Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
That is just such a sad story. Thank God that you are rewriting the ending. There is a great saying in AA: "More will be revealed". You say that since then you haven't ever seen custody of your children, a trusting marriage, even the inside of a fire truck. I say "yet".

More will be revealed.
That was a lovely response and made me feel wonderful. I can only imagine how good you made dhg feel.

I love us. SR is such a special place. Thank you.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I have done so many scary, dangerous things, drunk out of my gourd. (my guardian angel should be very well paid) When we were children we spent many Thanksgivings in Aruba. My sister and I always say it is a miracle that we weren't Natalie Holloway stories.

That being said, when I was first married we lived in townhomes that looked pretty similar. We were invited to a dinner party in one of the townhouses, with plenty of vodka. The hosts were Swedish and vodka is called "Swedish table water." For some reason I decided to go back to our townhouse for something, but then decided to return to the party. On the way back, I walked into the wrong home only to see my other neighbors talking on the couch with their parents. I was very drunk, and thought I had walked into the correct house. So, I ran over to the couch, hugged the parents very tightly and said I was so excited because I didn't know that they were invited to the party. I still wish I had a video of the astonished looks on all of their faces, with me bursting into their house, in a giant cloud of alcohol fumes and love. Ugh.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
DoubleDragons, your story made me smile on this rainy day. It reminded me of my story, but the funniest thing - it happened when I was absolutely sober. It's out of rhyme here, but I'll still tell you.

I was on a blind date. They guy was going to drive to my office, and then we would head for dinner. He told me details about his car, etc. I got out of the building and was waiting for him. I saw the car that looked like that of my date, approached, got in and said "Hi". The guy was kind of surprised, but seemed to be happy. "'Well, he looks a bit different from the pic he sent" - I thought.

We started some conversation, blah, blah. While chatting the guy gave me his business card, I never looked at it thinking "Why in the hell did he give me that now?". Then my cell phone started to ring.

"Where are you? I am here"

Me, to the guy in the car: "You are not Alex? "

"No, I am not".

"Why didn't you tell me?"

I took of the car like a shot from the gun. The guy was hallowing: "You have my phone number. Give me a call!!!".
Old 10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

longbeachone....

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post

More will be revealed.
Very kind words...

I stayed sober 8 plus years after that, but lost the marriage and custody of my kids because of it. My plea agreement forbid me from working or seeking employment in and around controlled substances, as a paramedic that meant losing my license to practice and the end of a career...I hated it anyone....totally cooked

anyways things were good, I was making great dough building houses but stated drinking a few years ago and am so excited after trying every day for 2 years to be back on the beam
Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Omg

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
DoubleDragons, your story made me smile on this rainy day. It reminded me of my story, but the funniest thing - it happened when I was absolutely sober. It's out of rhyme here, but I'll still tell you.

I was on a blind date. They guy was going to drive to my office, and then we would head for dinner. He told me details about his car, etc. I got out of the building and was waiting for him. I saw the car that looked like that of my date, approached, got in and said "Hi". The guy was kind of surprised, but seemed to be happy. "'Well, he looks a bit different from the pic he sent" - I thought.

We started some conversation, blah, blah. While chatting the guy gave me his business card, I never looked at it thinking "Why in the hell did he give me that now?". Then my cell phone started to ring.

"Where are you? I am here"

Me, to the guy in the car: "You are not Alex? "

"No, I am not".

"Why didn't you tell me?"

I took of the car like a shot from the gun. The guy was hallowing: "You have my phone number. Give me a call!!!".
that's a scream...I soo love this thread
Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Been arrested three times. Last one I had a choice of taking a felony conviction or 4 years on probation with 3 years spent taking court ordered anabuse. Took the anabuse .
Old 10-16-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dhg66 View Post
Very kind words...

I stayed sober 8 plus years after that, but lost the marriage and custody of my kids because of it. My plea agreement forbid me from working or seeking employment in and around controlled substances, as a paramedic that meant losing my license to practice and the end of a career...I hated it anyone....totally cooked

anyways things were good, I was making great dough building houses but stated drinking a few years ago and am so excited after trying every day for 2 years to be back on the beam
I do now see my children...but it took years of regaining trust
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Where do I start:

1. Drinking when I am an Alcoholic (Real dumb).

2. Walked into a Police Station in Manchester and tried to get myself arrested, because I had spent all my money and couldn't afford a taxi to get home. Got arrested for drunk and disorderly (cautioned).

3. Drink driving and failing to stop, when directed to by a Police Officer.

4. Assaulting a Police Officer and a kicking a Police Dog. ( I did feel very bad, I hurt the dog).

5. Walking into a glass door and breaking it. (Stupid idea putting a glass door in a pub).

6. Starting fights for no reason.

7. Tried to put my head through a computer monitor.

8. Shoplifting alcohol

9. Ringing up random people in the middle of the night for laughs, mocking their surnames.

10. Forgetting to withhold my number, so I got a mouthful the next day.

By far the most stupid thing I have ever done, is get sober for 6 days, thinking I was ok to a have the occasional drink. Stupid, very very stupid.

I am ashamed at the things I have done, paid the price for all of them many times over. Alcohol, will do everything it can to ensure you lose everything, until you bail out of the game and say no more.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Sat next to an active duty member of the US military on a flight home from Puerto Rico vacation, and I spilled my drink all over him. Instead of offering to wipe off his jacket or take care of the dry cleaning bill, I rushed to find the flight attendant to get another drink.

As others have noted, we could go on, and on, and on. And on. But those days are over.

In the spirit of not beating ourselves up, I would like to also share a great thing I did sober, also. I spent last weekend with my family participating in one of many American Children's Heart Foundation walks. I mingled with other folks, took some wonderful photos of the walk, and had a wonderful time. I then went to see my grandmother in her assisted-living home and visited for a couple of hours. Finally, I went back to my sister's house and played with my little niece in the sandbox. We stayed outside playing until after dark, even after it got cold and everyone else had gone inside. I said "are you ready to go inside yet?" and she said "no". So like any good uncle, I stayed out there playing in the sand with her until it was too dark to fill any more buckets. She likes her sober uncle, and the rest of my family likes the sober me too.

There are many more great moments to come, and I can't wait to be there. 15.5 months sober and counting!
Awesome, just awesome. I'm sure you are your little niece's hero and she will think of you with love her entire life.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

You are such awesome people .....so many laughs :-) Pml midnightb....some are sad also , but it shows how far we have come as alcoholics. We can laugh at ourselves , see where we went wrong , have remorse but have learnt to let it go.

Alcoholics are extremely intelligent people mostly and because we think so much, we hurt more and drink to forget.

Kudos to us for having a the ability to laugh at ourselves now and forgive ourselves whilst we are all getting well.

Lol MB did you call him ...hahaha :-) loveit
Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

1.Totalled out a cop car while it was on a run to another accident with it';s lights on.

2. Fell off a bar stool trying to catch popcorn in my mouth from a guy in the bar and broke my wrist.

3. Crushed my heels climbing a 8 ft fence and jumping off and landed barefoot , to go swimming at a pool that was closed was laid up for 6 months in a wheel chair.

4. Fell backwards into a brick wall and cracked my head open.

5. 3 DUI's

6. 7 times in jail

7. Drove my truck through someone's garage cuz I was angry at him.

8. battery

9. Disorderly conduct

10. 14 institutions , detoxes, psych wards, treatment centers.

the list goes on.....
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
You are such awesome people .....so many laughs :-)

Lol MB did you call him ...hahaha :-) loveit
NO, Snoozy, I didn't. Wasn't exactly my type)))
Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Drank more.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

-Hooking up with my sisters friends.
-Driving drunk/high. 2 DUIs.
-Thinking I could convince people I was sober when I wasn't.
-Spending money like a sailor.
-Calling my dealer.
-Resisting arrest.
-Acting the clown at bars/clubs.
-Stealing
-I could add to this list ad infinitum. I only drank.used for 12 years but I made it count!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Melina - rehydrate my ovaries! That is the funniest thing I've heard.

I'm trying to remember... hmm... I've lost quite a lot in blackout and destroyed quite a lot of memories. Just the usual small things.

Scary - drunk driving and violent relationships.
Funny - texting my mum about cocaine (this was a mistake, it wasn't intended for her) or walking into a bar on holiday with my dress on inside out.