Notices

what do i do now?

Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy what do i do now?

I really don't want to drink, and I wont, but I need a relief from my pain, physical and emotional and ive turned to self harm which is something ive done a few times the last few yrs, but if anything I feel worse now and my arm is a mess, so now what do I do?

I just want it to stop
Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

My personal method of self harm is (has been) to purposely consume dangerous amounts of potentially lethal drugs in combination with no care for whether I live or die.

I don't want you to self-harm any more than you have already, L. None of us here do. Haven't you paid enough for your sins already?

You're beautiful, empathic, caring, have lots to contribute to the lives of others. Hurting yourself isn't going to make you feel better in the long run.

Nobody can stop you doing it if you want to, but some of us can ask you to look on the bright side of what makes you you. That doesn't deserve pain it deserve love.

Don't hate or hurt yourself like that. Where are those shiny eyes?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't want you to self harm either. Can you see a counselor? It might help having someone to talk to about what's bothering you.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Sorry you are in such a pain now, Lorelei.

But, please, don't trade one self-harm for another.

Can you seek professional help and see a therapist? It's often hard to be alone with our thoughts, feelings and pain that fuel and feed all sorts of addictions. A professional can be of tremendous help.

You don't deserve going through another hell, Lorelei. Please, take care of yourself.

Hugs to you!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lorelei, sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Can you speak to your doctor?. They will be able to offer you some support and advice. It might not work for everyone but exercise and running really helps me when i feel overwhelmed and stressed. Thinking of you.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lorelei self-harm can be as addictive as anything else we are trying to recover from. Have you ever talked to a doctor or other professional about this because there are strategies for coping and working through it. Sometimes self harm is a way of expressing pain or feeling in control when everything else seems chaotic. Talking to a doctor or counsellor could help a lot and help you break free.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have a good dr, and psych, but they all say the same thing, and I don't see it. and I try and be strong and be kind and care, and I just get hurt. then I need a release, which used to be drink. sorry guys x
Old 10-11-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Do you like really spicy food, L? If not then may I suggest eating raw habanero peppers? It'll guarantee a hell of a lot of pain but won't leave lasting marks on your body.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have a good doctor lorelei. When i stopped drinking the only way that i could turn my head off and stop thinking and worrying was exercise. I used to just walk and walk if i felt depressed or sad. I don't know if that would be any use to you, it helped me though. x
Old 10-11-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What don't you see that the Dr. and Psych. say?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

that its ok to feel scared and vulnerable, and that things can be better, because I try and nothing changes.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh Lorelei I was so sorry to read this post. You are such a kind and empathetic soul to all the rest of us. Stick close to SR and we will all do all we can to help.

You deserve to be free from this pain. Believe that because you are warm and generous and loved and we are all rooting for you.

Lots of big hugs to you

Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sorry and I wish I had more to say except you are worth more than that. Your posts have meant a lot too me and, I'm sure, to others.

Do you exercise? Can you try exercising until it hurts (without doing actual damage of course)?

Please don't give up. Please ask your doctor and shrink if there are other things you can do. I've had success with a program called DBT which is for people who are emotionally volatile.

We're here for you.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sgs

Hey I miss your sweet smile. You really have been an inspiration to me. You just seem like a great loving person I would like to give a big hug to. I am twice your age but I wish we could hang out and have some girl talk.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OOH! You r so lovely!! Come 2 my house for a BIG hug!!! You have helped so many of us with your positive attitude and open mind! Il'l come n pick u up if need 2! LOL Be Well! Love Ya!!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Lorelei. I'm not a religious person but believe there is a power greater than me. I and many others have been given the gifts from the results of our silent prayer. An expression in AA is "Believe that we believe." It costs nothing to try it for a week or so. Many people ask to not drink each morning and receive the strength each day to not drink for the day, I say if it works don't fix it. BE WELL
Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go lorelei. You are a strong person, you can get through this. Keep talking and I agree with the exercise and I've been reading lots of books. My own mini vacation for my mind. Good luck, you can get past this!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Lorelei, You know kiddo, you are such a lovely, caring person! I always look forward to your posts, sweet smile too. Did something trigger the cutting or self harm? Are you overwhelmed about an event? How can we help you? We need you as much as you need us. And I mean that! Keep close today, read, post and read some more. Do something for me, will you? Go for a walk or do so light exercise, BEFORE you take that drink, let's start with that and then go forward, ok? Need you too! tF
Old 10-11-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Lorelei,

You are always here for everybody else.
Know that we are here for YOU!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I'm so sorry to read your post, Lorelei. You are always so warm and welcoming to others, can you try to extend some of that to yourself? What would you say to me if I said I'd been cutting?

It IS ok to feel vulnerable. Most of us feel that way most of the time. And, for me, it's the vulnerability in others that reaches out to me and, in turn, makes me want to reach out to them. It's that vulnerability that makes us human and humane. That makes YOU the warm, empathic person that we all see and value so highly.

Be kind to yourself, Lorelei. You so deserve it