what do i do now?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lorelei,

I am sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lorelei. I don't know what to say other than please stop hurting yourself.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lorelei, please take care. I'm sad to hear about the cutting. Drinking is just another form of self-injury, not an escape from self-injury. But I guess you already know that.

My perspective: I think it's hard to feel like it is okay to be vulnerable or scared. Therapists say this, but they aren't the one in trouble. It's scary to feel weak, to have something wrong, to struggle to understand oneself, to know that
Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I find your posts wonderful here, I'm always glad to see them, but I feel like I haven't gotten to know you WELL because you've seemed to be doing so well. Maybe you need to do something physical that releases the fear and stings you too, in a more healthy way, go to a gym and punch a bag (with gloves) or something like that? I've no real experience in this area of cutting, but the idea of what I've suggested makes sense to me logically.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lorelei, I'm so sad to hear about the cutting. I guess you already know this, but drinking is just another form of self-harm, it isn't a solution.

It seems to me that it is really hard to feel vulnerable. Personally, it doesn't seem okay to me to feel weak, afraid, like there is something wrong with me... It's scary. But in another way, it is okay because I can choose to accept these feelings, for now, to get to something better. It's okay because it doesn't stop here. It's okay because this is the path to getting stronger, to moving on, to feeling whole.

Can you scream or punch a pillow of scribble on a sheet of paper? Can you run around the block? I hope the feelings ease up soon.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone xx I am reading what you say, it's a hard habit to break and one I don't feel comfortable talking to ppl in RL about, im actually quite sick of myself lately. Anyway I'm going out for a walk v soon and ill hopefully feel more 'together' thank you again c
Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was sorry to read his, I hope you can get better and always find your posts full of positivity & sincerity. It struck with me because last week I did this (inflict pain on myself, sharp knife in a place no-one would see) I felt so low, I'm sorry this has been your method of 'control' too. I was in a lot of emotional pain and felt I could take the physical pain so much easier. I hadn't done anything like that in YEARS. I hope you can get what you need from people here or anywhere to feel better.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks bubbly at the moment it won't stop bleeding
Old 10-11-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Keep posting, Lorelei! You know how safe this place is -- no judgment despite our problems. Only support. YOUR support of all of the rest of us has been invaluable; it has strengthened us. So now, let it be our turn to hold you in our care.

Fishy
Old 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think you need to start seeing a therapist. Self injury is a terrible trap. Can you start looking for a counselor? For things to change we have to do something different. (((Lor)))
Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey
I definitely agree with the therapist thing. Lord knows we all have intense pain that is just so seemingly unbearable without alcohol or anything else. But with the help and support of a therapist you can and will do it.
A wise woman once told me "Don't kill yourself and your life will get better." She had one of the worse childhoods I've ever heard of. She survived it and flourished. Pain is temporary and with each other we can do this ****
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

lorelei, you have been such a great source of comfort and support for so many of us. Please know that we are here for you and are wishing you the same comfort that you have offered to us.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Lorelei - I'll be honest, I've had a hard time reading this today.
My cousin, used to self-harm - cut herself - one day, she was pissed and cut through an artery. Being pissed she didn't phone for help - she was 23 yrs old

I have researched a LOT since she passed - icecubes seems to be the preferred therapy - holding ice in your hand until it hurts like feck.

Sorry, I'm still having trouble reading this

Take back control of your life babe xxxx
Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Really sorry skye x
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I have not actually posted but I have been on this site since July just reading (I guess lurking) and it saddens me that you have been hurting Lorelei. Your positivity has helped me and many others it seem....and I too slipped up last weekend after having a month of sobriety thinking I could moderate, clearly I cannot. I hope you can get some help and get through this...this community is amazing with how it comes together to support each other!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Lorelei - I just want you to be careful babe - these things can get out of hand!!
You said you just got a 3k cheque - take yourself off somewhere - get out of where you are babe - we have ONE life and it's not a dress rehearsal!
You're always welcome to come to me for a break - from guessing where u are - i'm not that far xxx
Old 10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Honey, I recognise your photo from another site (BE) about a year ago?
This was an issue for you back then and I am worried to bits that you still are not on top of it
There is NO MAN or whatever worth destroying yourself for !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenn80 View Post
I have not actually posted but I have been on this site since July just reading (I guess lurking) and it saddens me that you have been hurting Lorelei. Your positivity has helped me and many others it seem....and I too slipped up last weekend after having a month of sobriety thinking I could moderate, clearly I cannot. I hope you can get some help and get through this...this community is amazing with how it comes together to support each other!
Jenn - we ALL think we can moderate - but it's like once the switch flips at some point we're not even aware of - then the brain thingies (am not a science person) go into overdrive ... at it's basic it's a physical illness
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lorelei - you ask 'what do I do now' - u STOP hanging in there for the money - get yer ass down to womens aid and get control back !!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am also sad to read your post, lorelei... I also appreciate your positive comments on other peoples posts. It saddens me to read this news. Please stop...