Notices

weekenders *ring ring* sept 20th 21st and 22nd 2013

Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Great to see everyone is staying strong. Keep it up for today ! It's Sunday night here and I am struggling to stay awake watching the Hobbit. Have a great day all !
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Echoing the sentiments of others, it is indeed nice to wake up without a haze on Sunday morning. Three weeks ago, that haze, plus fear and anxiety would have left me in a state of near paralysis, feeling like I could do nothing to change.

But....

It's a beautiful day today here in Southeast Pennsylvania. I'm planning to take my wife and son to an outdoor sculpture garden. It's not all sunshine and roses all the time for me, but in the weeks since I quit drinking, family time has evolved from something I halfway dreaded to something I embrace, actively encourage and even look forward to.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders,
Had a great day fishing yesterday. Always tinged with a bit of sadness as the season draws to a close. My old bod is dog tired today, but I feel pretty good otherwise. Need to get some chores done, then I'm going to catch up on a bit of work.

It continues to thrill me to read about people rebuilding their lives brick by brick. It's things such as waking up feeling refreshed, seeing one's anxiety begin to lessen, reconnecting with family, reconnecting with hobbies. Thank you for sharing. I read every single one of the posts and they always inspire me.

Your Pal,
Cas
Old 09-22-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey guys n gals,

Had a great wkend here, happy being sober and enjoying the sunshine, people and food without any fear of consequences...

Sure is good to be flying free xx.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks for your posts! Makes me feel good to hear all about this. I echo your thrill, Cas, reading about the rebuilding. It's a beautiful thing that takes a lot of courage. Still sober, not sure how many weekends now, but hoping for more, happy for today.

Aly
Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi, my weekend was sober yet sluggish. Weathered turned for the worse yesterday and I spent saturday and today at home mostly. Politely turned down an offer to go out yesterday, don't feel ready for it yet. Just managed a dinner without alcoholic drinks on friday, felt that was enough temptation for one weekend. Have a feeling I need to tread carefully atleast awhile longer.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Quiet day hanging out now watching football after reading some and taking a nap. Not sure if it is the work schedule or the change in the weather becoming cooler but I'm not sparking any energy lately. Laying low but laying low sober
Old 09-22-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

The aroma of the pot roast... Button mushrooms...carrots... Celery.... Sweet onion.... Crunched tomatoes... Thyme ... Rosemary.... Garlic.... Lol simmering slow and long.

So? What's up weekenders!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Evening all my sobriety friends ,

I've been taking it easy today after yesterdays musical day ... i did a bit more music today, something to learn about key changes in the DAW software i use .

Seeing a lot of heavy posts out there tonight , remember life is what you make of it my dear weekenders , lets set our eyes to the goal , living on sober beach as healthily and sencibly as we can , accepting that life has both up's and downs ..

The dhammapada says happiness is contentment with what there is ..

Only 4 hours of sunday left here in the uk and the clock is ticking for it over there in the Americas ..

Keep on going everyone .. not long now ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Enjoyed time with the granson and son...........Something that is possible thru sobriety........
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm watching football, drinking chamomile tea, playing a bit of solitaire, checking on some friends via the web. Would have been boring in the old days, but I'm clean and sober and doing what it takes to stay that way! 12:50pm in CA. Almost another sober weekend (not that I'm wishing the weekend away!). Peace, xxoo...Aly
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Aly awesome! I'm getting indigestion watching football. Giants getting thumped! Ouch
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Well I made it thru my third sober weekend. Wasn't easy; went on a weekend trip to Boston where normally I would have been drunk morning, noon, and night (all those college pubs!). It was a little tough at first (more disappointing) but I quickly got over it. Walked around Harvard, did some shopping, and saw a wonderful show. Went to a bar at night for a few hours and drank water the whole night. I actually had a good time after a few minutes of being uncomfortable. It was nice looking at other people acting a fool and not being the one in the center of it all. Also-no hangover!

Hope everyone else had a great sober weekend.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Pedicure!!! Getting the most expensive one with all the trimmings. I can totally afford it now that I'm not drinking... My feet are in bags of hot wax right now. Heaven!

I think I'll pop over and get some new sandals after this cuz I can afford that too now. Hee hee. Not-so-guilty pleasures.

I love weekends now more than I used too.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wrapping up my first sober weekend in years....

Lillian, I also spoiled myself with a lovely pedicure with sweet tea, instead of my usual wine.

It was mostly rainy and lazy, and I was surprised at how little I thought about drinking Saturday and Sunday.

See you all next weekend!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yes! I made it! Got so much accomplished today! Going to have some ice cream and a little visit, then off to sleep for another sober day!