Notices

weekenders *ring ring* sept 20th 21st and 22nd 2013

Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Grief she was dying! Think you mean undying lol

You can do it tricky xxx
Yes I meant undying love! Think with how much she drank she may have felt like dying. Lol
Old 09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

thanks Mecanix I made a plan for the weekend in school today . the weather is to be good too so hoping this third one is the easiest so far
have a good Friday everyone
Old 09-20-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in. This will be my third weekend.

I'm wrapping up a pretty significant work deadline this afternoon. Full disclosure, a little voice in my head whispered..."Congratulations on finishing. You deserve a drink." Fortunately, however, I have a more rational voice which has gotten bigger of late, and it said "Yeah, but *you* can't have just one. One will lead to two, which will lead to ten. And then you'll be right back to day one."

I'm going to keep busy by taking my son to an old-time, somewhat amusement park tomorrow. Then we have a picnic on Sunday. Keeping busy with nice things, without the baggage of a haze or anxiety....

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in, today (Friday) is week 7 for me. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Signing in!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm in
Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am with you guys for another sober weekend! It's funny how our brains look at drinking as a reward so much, especially considering all the horrible consequences it can bring. I am working on getting into the habit of rewarding myself with healthier alternatives, even if that includes the occasional icecream bar!

But I do find it kind of interesting to figure out the things that I really like and enjoy. Drinking got me so numb and out of it that it's like I wasn't myself anymore. I am getting to know myself all over again, my needs, my wants, my strengths, and weaknesses. I want to be a woman who loves and respects herself.

Anyways, I think I will be digging around in my craft boxes tonight and trying to remember and get into the things I enjoyed before I ever started drinking.

We are all in this together!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I got the whole weekend off work, yay! Havent got much of a plan yet but I plan to be sober atleast.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in. I feel like I'm dying after my most recent binge, and I can't go through this again. This is my last day 1.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Cleaning up from Colorado flooding. Relishing every morning - freedom from debilitating hangovers and shots in the middle of the night to tame the convulsions! Weekends good now!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

<<<throwing my ante into the center of the table and ordering a virgin margarita from the saloon keeper>>>

"I'm in."

Now, all the cowboys and cowgirls dance around the poker table...

Feeling kind of silly right now.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

and SnowDawg I just saw your post - you sound like you are doing great work for people who need it! I hope your property wasn't harmed and you are safe..
Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey weekenders! Checking in sober here! Tomorrow is the tricky day. I get back from my trip early and need to stay busy. But I know that and plan for it.

Hope you are all well. So good to see some on their third and fourth weekends! Other their first!

We can all do this!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I have 300 days today. I tell you this not pat myself on the back but to let you know that it is possible...one day at a time. Staying sober isn't always easy. I have spent many evenings/weekends isolated to not put myself in to situations that would trigger me. I'm learning to trust myself again but it is a slow process. I'm in counseling and doing a lot of soul searching on some of my core issues that are connected to my drinking. This weekend thread as well as daily checking in on SR has been key in helping me know that I'm not alone in this journey. Stay strong and do not pick up a drink..no matter what.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Super congrats soberclover! Way to go!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Best of luck and stay strong for all of you on your Friday night. It's Sat morning here and all was chilled last night, thank goodness.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi All, I'm in!

Feeling a little off-kilter tonight because I got hit with a desire to drink tonight out of nowhere. I am just over seven months in and while it hasn't been a cakewalk, I haven't had any strong mental desires to pick up in several months. Tonight though, while driving up to PA from MD on the back roads, I passed by all of these bars in the woods that looked so inviting. I used to hang in a lot of these places and loved cool fall nights drinking beer (or God help me and them...wine) and dancing to local bands in a cozy place. I was positively overwhelmed and almost pulled in thinking, "I can maybe do this without drinking...to dance and enjoy this kind of company again!"

Yeah, right. I managed to wrangle myself back to reality and quickly called my friend just to have someone distract me with talking for the last hour of the drive. But boy oh boy...was that a close one. It was like I was on auto-pilot.

I am safely at my friend's (alcohol-free) house and going to make some tea and put my azz into bed early. Will be sticking here all weekend with you all too as I have learned from too many relapse posts how those niggling thoughts can grab hold and wrestle you down and I have no desire to go back to that hell.

Thanks for listening and hope to be a little more positive and upbeat tomorrow.

((Weekend Hugs & thanks Mecanix for getting us going this weekend))
Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I had heart palpitations this morning, but they have just gone away. A welcome surprise, I expected them to last at least until tomorrow.

I know they'll come back if I drink though. For that and many other reasons, I just won't drink. Not even out of boredom. I'd much rather be bored and lacking heart palpitations than a momentary "happy" idiot with heart palpitations.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in x
Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

just gone 7 am here so ...

gd'evening my antipodean friends ,
good morning europe,
g'night Americas,

Have put all of my music equipment into cases am going to have a nice cup of coffee in a moment and am looking forwards to the day .

Weekend mornings sober are so snuggly and comfortable , i can fully recomend fluffy dressing gowns and comfy mocasin style slippers as a good way to start ones sober weekend .

Bestwishes, m