Notices

Freaking so over this...

Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It is great what you guys are doing. I quit many tears ago and started up a couple years ago. I don't have to tell you how bad I was. I was bad. I became delusional and suicidal. I was blacked out most of the time and my wife of 44 years became fearful. I quit 80 days ago but I have gone out twice in this stretch. I have 14 days sober. Thank you for sharing. You see I keep thinking I can have a couple beers and not get drunk. I can't.
I am Tom and I am a alcoholic.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I imagined myself enjoying wine over the Christmas Holidays,and really just romanticized the idea of drinking.
amanda : Don't romance the wine

It's over between wine & you

Seriously though

I'm facing huge triggers today , payday & with14 days under my belt. In this same situation 2 weeks ago , I dunno

The hard part is going to be @ 3:30 when I get off and with paychec in hand

I must do this
I must

Tr
Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Go with direct deposit -- out of sight, out of mind
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
Go with direct deposit -- out of sight, out of mind
<What I meant >

No paycheck , my boss cashes my check and hands me cash.

Thats a slippy slope
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know - I probably shouldn't have gone to the thing especially as I am so new to not drinking. I have to say that it just showed me why drinking is not an option for me. It also showed me that so many people get into a state and I am so over it. If anything it has made me more determined this time round - so here I am on a Friday night sipping an orange juice and lemonade and looking forward to hitting my 1 week mark on Sunday

Happy Friday everyone xx
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
<What I meant >

No paycheck , my boss cashes my check and hands me cash.

Thats a slippy slope
Riky- just look at your calendar and the progress you've made! You know you don't want to go back to that hell. Remember how you felt during your last high. You can do this. Use your paycheck to go buy something nice for yourself or treat yourself to a nice dinner! You can do this!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

overyone i doing awesome! Ive struck to the house (sorry kids)...It's just to easy for me to drop by the store to pick something up. I kept wanting to leave so I started a big dinner and made a cake with my middle daughter. Everyone check in before bed at least! I am fighting hard right now 3 hours till bedtime and then I'm trapped!

It's payday here too Riky and movie night which meant lots of vodka sodas while watching Star Wars with the kids....a lot of habits to change and I keep trying to rationalize drinking tonight....but you know what if I drink one night ill drink them all and I just can't...I have to stop. Keep it up!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Well done Ananias! Stick with it, it's nearly Saturday . I'm in bed - day 5 done xx
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I relapsed :-( on day 6. So sad. Fed up. Embarrased. Ashamed. Angry. I hate alcohol with passion
Old 07-26-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

at least you're back here accept - pick yourself up and dust yourself off.
look at what happened and why, make plans so it cant happen again, and move on

this is a marathon - many of us stumbled at the start...but you can do this. We all can
D
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

hey guys I only have 14 days because two Fridays and got drunk. I f hadn't 1 would have 3 months. Before that I was out 2 years. Before that I had five years sober. I got cocky and stopped going to meetings.
call me a failure or a loser, but if I had not been in the program there is no doubt I would be dead.
keep trying accept.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
amanda : Don't romance the wine

It's over between wine & you

Seriously though

I'm facing huge triggers today , payday & with14 days under my belt. In this same situation 2 weeks ago , I dunno

The hard part is going to be @ 3:30 when I get off and with paychec in hand

I must do this
I must

Tr

I remember reading on this site some time ago about how someone actually saved all the money they would usually spend on alcohol and then buy themselves gifts with the money they had saved. They were amazed at how quickly they saved enough money to purchase things that they could never afford before. I thought it was a great idea......like rewarding themselves for not drinking!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Accept - I'm so sorry. Keep trying to quit. I hate alcohol as well. I'm just on day 2 and I'm starting to get the nagging feeling in my head that I DESERVE a drink. No, I don't. My kids, however, deserve a sober mom. You deserve to be healthy and happy. Don't let a relapse define who you are. Don't let an inanimate object control you. You can do it.

Good Job Ananias. You can make it! Count hour by hour if you have to! I'm taking my daughter to the movies tonight. At least there I can avoid alcohol. This weekend I'm alone with the kids while my husband works. Thinking I may just have him take my car keys so I can't go anywhere, but that's not really solving the problem.

Just Sarah - have a good night's sleep. Let us know how you're feeling once you hit a week sober. My fuzzy brain needs to know it gets better.

Ladybug - how are you feeling?

trikyriky - Is it past 3:30 where you're from? I hope you made it through.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tom1949 View Post
hey guys I only have 14 days because two Fridays and got drunk. I f hadn't 1 would have 3 months. Before that I was out 2 years. Before that I had five years sober. I got cocky and stopped going to meetings.
call me a failure or a loser, but if I had not been in the program there is no doubt I would be dead.
keep trying accept.

No not a failure or a loser......just a reminder that this disease never goes away!! I try and rationalise so often that I can drink in moderation. Initially I do! But then it creeps up again and before long I'm drinking every day and excessively! Its good to hear that meetings have been so helpful. I'm conjuring up the courage to go to my first next week.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by accept View Post
I relapsed :-( on day 6. So sad. Fed up. Embarrased. Ashamed. Angry. I hate alcohol with passion

Can't tell you how many times I've felt that way......Just got to go back to DAY 1 and remain determined!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you dee74! I remember when I was younger and I drank because I wanted to have fun. Now I drink to get drunk. Pass out. Forget.
It is a downward spiral and I am so disappointed with myself...
Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank you all! It means a lot! <3 I thought this time was different - then I got into an argument with my sister, after that with my fiancé, then with my friend and I thought "**** it! I'm having a drink"- I went off and bought 2 bottles of wine and here I am...... :-( so so sad... Why do I connect alcohol with happiness at the same time as I connect it with something you should drink when your upset (ps sorry for typos, I'm Swedish so I usually don't write in English) :-(
Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can stop the spiral, accept

D
Old 07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Accept - I'm so sorry. Keep trying to quit. I hate alcohol as well. I'm just on day 2 and I'm starting to get the nagging feeling in my head that I DESERVE a drink. No, I don't. My kids, however, deserve a sober mom. You deserve to be healthy and happy. Don't let a relapse define who you are. Don't let an inanimate object control you. You can do it.

Good Job Ananias. You can make it! Count hour by hour if you have to! I'm taking my daughter to the movies tonight. At least there I can avoid alcohol. This weekend I'm alone with the kids while my husband works. Thinking I may just have him take my car keys so I can't go anywhere, but that's not really solving the problem.

Just Sarah - have a good night's sleep. Let us know how you're feeling once you hit a week sober. My fuzzy brain needs to know it gets better.

Ladybug - how are you feeling?

Hi Amanda and thanks for asking I am doing OK, it is 6pm on Friday night (hard time for me), but yesterday's hangover/shame is still so fresh so no desire to drink. Feeling a bit bored tonight. Hubby is still upstairs working. His hours don't help, but it's not his fault I drink. Need to start doing my own thing, I guess.

Hope you are having a good Day 2. We CAN do this. I will be around all weekend if you need to vent!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thank you Lady , ananias , dragon12
& Not notmyrealname

Yes , i did amandaw

I'm good for day 15 How are you all ?