Notices

~A Rockers Life by the Bottle

Old 07-12-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Not yet, he works long hours and we only see him on Sundays so I am hoping to get a chance to discuss it then
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Hey gang, well I didnt make it.... I got within 3 hours of my 24 and had a drink.

Please excuse what I am going to say next but I am actually VERY happy with myself right now................ I am sure that sounds crazy but I am still new to this and what I see is that yesterday I only had 3 drinks and I am at the same point now and close to going to bed. I wish you could understand that for me this is pretty close to a win. For a LOOOONG time now, I have started drinking somewhere around 10am to 3pm..... pretty regularly and that adds up to a hell of alot more than 3-6 drinks a day. I feel like I am far far from winning but I am on that road and that makes me so happy. I have had to fight off cravings all day and I am finding more and more inspiration by being here and reading posts. So again I ask that you dont write me off or feel disappointed in me because I am staying and I am going to keep fighting the fight everyday. I have never heard of a site like this and I know its my road to quitting and I just dont have the words to thank you all enough. Yesterday I just felt like a complete failure for having a drink but today I feel like a winner for going two days with such a small amount and I am determined to watch my small amount continue to diminish ............ thank you all so much for putting your stories out there for people like me
Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thumbs up

Ok , small win . If you feel like your making progress. Good for you. I do that , adding up small wins , I'm moving in the right direction. Keep posting , stay with it
Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Thank you trikyriky, I am really feeling good and its nice to hear that I am not just fooling myself. Had some talks with the hubby tonight and made him understand that the band is simply NOT my main focus right now. Its hard for him to hear (he is lead guitar) but I am setting the ground work to maybe phase the band out after a while. That really made me feel great and like I am taking control............ I know I got anxious and wound up drinking but it was not all out of control and "pissed" type of drinking, it was more settling down with some for-thought type........ I feel like I may be speaking Japanese saying all this but its nice to hear that I havent totally blown it
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Would anyone mind telling me if there is a thread that deals with "hobbies". I would love to see if anyone else on here fills their time by crafting. I dont mean this in a "spamming" kind of way. I wont mention anything specific but it might be nice to talk about our hobbies and things we are proud of............ Let me know if this is out of line. I just want to share something besides my addiction with the great people here
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Kitty , in the forums towards the bottom there is Social Groups / Cafe Central . You might post that question there
Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Thanks Sweetie, I will try to find it tomorrow. Its 12:30am and time for me to get my hiney into bed, LOL Have a great night everyone and I wish you love and happiness tomorrow..... Peace be with you !!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You should put sobriety first. I didn't and lost a job. I know it can be hard financially, but it is not impossible. Find things that keep you busy early in sobriety, like your crafting. Keep up with that. I do a lot of exercising, reading, talking with other recovering alcoholics, volunteering, and talking with people that I have not spoken to in a while. Sober time makes things a tad easier, slowly. Remember, you can't get drunk if you don't drink. Avoid the first drink and you don't have to worry about the 23rd. Call your drummer friend before you see him. I can almost guarantee he would love to talk to you about sobriety.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Kitty imagine how much money you'll save being sober I worked out I will have saved myself £300 this month by not buying wine!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Good point apophylite
Old 07-13-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< I want to ask another question so I dont make a giant mistake. I would like to talk about the Temple that I used to go to, and I assume that it should be in the Secular section but I really wanted to ask first because I would be loathe to offending anyone and putting it in the wrong place ......... please let me know if this is right and if its okay for me to start a thread there !!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what the question is, but it doesn't sound particularly secular, Kitty.

You can post it here if you like and we can move it later if it needs moving

D
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< I just meant that I really enjoyed the Temple and I need to go back there because it was the most soothing and tranquil place that I have ever been in my life and wondered if anyone else goes to one. I just dont want to offend anyone who is Christian or any other type of religious affiliation. I never try to impose my way of thinking on to anyone else and I especially dont want to do it here
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Secular, for our purposes here, generally means no concept of Higher Beings etc.

This might be the forum for you then

Spirituality - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Thanks Dee74
Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can call me Dee - only my mum calls me Dee74, lol

D
Old 07-13-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Sorry, but that was freaking hilarious
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Well tomorrow is my band practice day again and I am filled with trepidation about it. I know that my drummer forgave me on line for my sh!tty behavior but I am still anxious about seeing him again. For no other reason than being ashamed of my behavior. I really want to be my better self but I cant even tell him that I have one day sober. Since he is the newest member of the band we havent known each other that long and I hate the impression I have given him of myself. Anyway I know it will be okay but I am absolutely certain that my old feelings of inadequacy are gonna rear their ugly heads. Please let me know any thoughts that you have or maybe just send some good thoughts my way. I am nervous as hell that I will get so full of anxiety that I will show my crap side again................ **sigh How did I ever become this ridiculous person ????
Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't drink - make plans not to drink - practice scenarios where you might be tempted to drink...stay sober and you can be sure you'll put you best foot forward Kitty

D
Old 07-13-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

<<<<<<<<<<<Good vibes>>>>>>>>>>>

Congratulation on 1 day sober

You are not ridiculous