~A Rockers Life by the Bottle

Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Thanks you guys, truly thank you.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

~~ As I have said before, I am a very open person and believe me if you went to my family or friends and said that I was having trouble with drinking they would laugh in your face and ask whatelse is new, LOL So I have just put a couple of pics up of me in my album. I kinda like people having some idea of who they are talking to when they talk to me. So there ya go................ just me. For better or worse
Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hang in there kitty, it will get better, life without a hangover is much better than with
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kitty - I was still drinking when I came crawling in here. It took me a while to get up the courage to do what I had to. In my heart, I knew my drinking career was over - but we have to be ready. It sounds like you're on your way.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

~~ Well cooked dinner for the fam. Still drinking, I am ashamed to say. The worst part of it is that my tolerance is so d^mn high that I dont appear to be drinking at all. (not just saying that, I have had people almost argue with me before that they were SURE I was completely sober when in reality I had had many drinks that day)

Its a Rockers life for me and it holds so much joy and yet so much depression and anxiety. I am one of those people who have my emotions on my shoulder at ALL times. It makes me a great performer and a loser with emotional problems all at the same time. I have every HARD A$$ thing, that I have been thru, right at my finger tips with easy access. I wish I DIDNT feel so much or so hard. I would be okay with going a little numb sometimes................... ** enter alcohol. Best friend and enemy who is trying hard to kill me all at once. I am going to keep trying because if I dont. I will die just like my ex. And leave behind the life that I have worked so hard to create. And please believe me, its been a hard hard hard hard road
Old 07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

there's a lot of inspiring stories out there from clean and sober (and very successful) musicians, entertainers, and celebrities.

List of teetotalers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.facebook.com/MusiciansInRecovery
musicians in recovery | The Fix
Famous Musician's Addiction Recovery Stories - YouTube
Veteran rockers spread joy of sobriety - Sun Sentinel

D
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

I will check those out Dee, thank you
Old 07-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was like that too kitty - tolerance was unbelievable. It was once a (foolish) source of pride - in the end - dangerous and destructive.

Dee those links are great - I'm going to look too. Thanks (Just read an interview with Stevie Nicks about her dance with alcohol & klonopin.)
Old 07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

I am about half way thru the list and it is very inspiring. There were some names on that first link that really surprised me. Nice to see that inspiration and great work can still come from the unimbibed
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

<<< Here is my pledge. Tonight before I go to bed and shut off the computer. I am going to post on the "24 Hour Pledge" thread ...(not the right name I think). I REALLY want to try harder and make a vow that I will feel commited to. I have not done that since I got here and it is high time..... (no pun intended). When I tell someone that I will do something, I tend to feel very driven to make it happen. And I desperately need a "WIN" under my belt. So I am going to make my vow tonight and try to just get thru tomorrow. Please wish me luck, I can use all that I can get. Thank you all for bearing with me !!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Kitty and welcome to SR!

I'm so happy you're here. It's no coincidence that many of us found this forum when we needed it the most. I was terrified to stop drinking and my imagination would run wild whenever I thought about getting sober. How could I give up the one thing that helped me turn my head off and find a little peace in my day?!

What I didn't realize was that most of my anxiety would go away once I stopped drinking. The first days were the hardest.... I basically lived on this forum and took it an hour or a minute at a time. It really does get easier as you go, though. Promise!

You might want to get some medical help from your doctor if you find yourself a lot of anxiety or other withdrawal symptoms. You can do this, so go for it!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Thanks again everyone, I am in here now and will be on and off thru out the day. I want to stay active today and get some painting done. I really want to make it to my 24 hour pledge so here we go
Old 07-12-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
You can do this Kitty. I believe it you...know that you are capable. Xo
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Thanks !!!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Keep it going! If you get the urge to drink come on here and chat with us instead!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Lol I meant I believe *in* you...geez not so good on this iPad...
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

LOL @ Soberlicious ** I am just checking in with everyone. I am doing much better today and no drinks in site Yeah !! I am feeling pretty positive about being able to make my 24 ....... Yeah me
Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work. I have not posted in a long time. I started on here and never really was sober. I didn't pick up, for about 7 months then I picked up again. Now I go to aa. I am not religious at all. My sponsor is not either. We get along great and I actually enjoy life. I need the face to face interaction. I hate being around people. That is why I started on this site. I hate to quote the big book, but I was looking for an easier softer way. Good luck! Oh yea, I am a musician. I had to put it on hold for the first few months of sobriety. Now I try to find other places to play other than bars, with the occasional bar/pub. I just make sure before I step in I am going in for the right reason. To entertain. I will be thinking about you.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

Thanks keithy, I appreciate you talking to me. I must admit that I am nervous about how the gigs will go. Hell I am even nervous about our practice on Sunday. Music and drinking have always gone hand in hand for me. Theres a little voice in my head that tells me that I will never truly give up the bottle until I get away from the bars and from singing, but as I said before we need the money and so do the other guys in the band....... I just have to learn to be stronger than my addiction
Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Have you talked to your drummer about his sobriety? Seems like that could be a good source of support since he\she is right there with you.