Notices

4 th of July Lets stay Sober

Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sometimes takes a while to build our lives back up again after getting sober Riky .

With sobriety as it's foundation you're building on some good firm ground for your future tho' , life aint where you'd like it today, kinda blah .. mine's like that sometimes but it's a work in progress and it gets better and easier to deal with the furthur i've gone from my last drink

Take care, m
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

You are not alone Rick. I am here as well as your whole SR family.

Getting to know myself too this sober holiday. Reflecting on so much but not focusing on the past. More on just feeling today.

You have a camp? That's great. When I lived in Maine it was always nice to get out of town and to the woods... So manylaces there to unwind. Not so many on Long Island. But did walk the beach earlier.

K
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang tough Riky - I'm sure lots of people have to work the week out?

D
Old 07-04-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I thought the bar across the street was closed all day... But people I know we're "nice" enough to stop and say hello while I was relaxing on my porch.... Told me they are open in the back outdoor bar.

Thanks but no thanks... Just finished grilling and cleaning up... Listing to the start of the booms of fireworks.

Hope everyone had a good 4th!

How are you doing Ricky?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I'm good , as it turns out I spent the day with family ( so cool ). At the park with swimming , activities for the kids and fireworks. An all day affair. Thanks everyone that hung with me , but lets stick together. Friday , Saturday clean & sober . Check in let us know how your 4th turned out

Old 07-04-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Well, it isn't a holiday in Canada, but I am up for staying sober today .
Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm glad your day turned around Ricky; that gives me hope! I'm having a yuck day on top of two other yuck days. I went to a meeting this afternoon. I've "relocated" myself a few times to avoid the party atmosphere. My bf is on an alcohol bender I am assuming as we haven't had contact for a few days which makes me sad on a number of different levels. I'm allowing myself to cry rather than to drink. Fireworks soon so I'll be holding my pup tight and then off to bed...sober.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Sober : The best to you , Enjoy The Works , I Know Pooch Won't. Never Knew A Dog Thar Did . Lol
Old 07-04-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Worked, ran, probably do a few sets of deadlift then go make hamburgers and corn on the cob. Ice cream cones for dessert, and watch a few episodes of Jack Taylor on Netflix. Happy 4th of July everybody!

(only drinking I'm doing tonight comes out of a Brita water filtration pitcher)

ciao
Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I walked down to the park to take some pictures of our little local parade for the website, and went past some folks who had set up chairs and refreshments in their front yard waiting to see the parade go by. I didn't know them,never met before. As I was nearing I heard the host asking his guests, "Who wants a bloody mary?" He seemed like he'd already had a few himself. He asked loudly a few times, so always being the comedian, I said, "Can I get one to go?"

"Sure, sure!" he said and reached for a glass.

"No! No!" I said. "Just kidding."

He pressed me a bit, saying it was OK to have one, but he finally relented when I declined and said I had things to do today.

Other than that, my day was quite tame.

Where is Fandy?

Here's a pic from the event:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
July 4 2013 030.jpg (88.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hope everyone ended up having a good sober 4th. I washed my car, then got invited to a safe and appealing cookout so went there for a couple hours, and then stopped on my way home and saw my local fireworks. Just finished some ice cream. Gotta work early tomorrow!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Pretty chill day here in Philly. Drove up early this morning from DC and just hung out in my friend's majestic gardens all day playing with the dogs and outdoor cats. Then got suckered into making cherry pies at 11PM.

And why, you might ask? Because my friend picked too many and they were going to go bad so after guilting me all afternoon, I finally gave in.

So one down, two to go. Ugh. Sobriety=pie making...who would have thought? At least it's a classic American pie for the day AFTER the holiday

Ricky, glad things turned out, my friend

All, hope everyone is safe and sober and thank you to our Aussie, British and Canadian friends for the good wishes

xoxoxo from the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence
Old 07-04-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Had the first sober 4th I can remember in a long time! Swam with the kids, ate yummy food, hung out with a bunch of AA friends, went to go see the fireworks & there was a band and a ton of stuff for the kids to do last year we went to the same place and I was drunk when we got there, snuck alcohol in, and was drunk when we left. So sad when I look back on the wasted time but it's alright. ..today I was sober and enjoyed every minute with my friends and family

Hope you all had a nice day as well!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Done! Going to bed now and sober.....though feeling a little high on Benadryl. I think I must be allergic to whatever type of grass we were sitting in watching fireworks. I feel like I had a cat sitting on my face all day.....sneezy, itchy mess!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

He pressed me a bit, saying it was OK to have one, but he finally relented when I declined and said I had things to do today.
Sounds to me like you might have met one of our brothers Non , Us alcoholics are always trying to latch on to drinking buddies or this one was .

I bet if you'd have told him you were sober he'd have looked at you like you've got two heads .
I was always trying to get others to drink or get drunk as my own behaviour could then seem more normal .

Off to work in a moment , the 5th looks like a nice day to try and stay sober on from here

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-05-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Smile lets do this , there's strength in numbers

I also had a wonderful 4 th of July , clean. God oversaw the event and held the rain until the last sparkles filled the sky . Hurtin a bit from all the walking and anxious as we move into Friday and me still early into this journey. I have much to be thankful for and will make that my focus. Let's continue , 5th , 6th , 7th clean/ sober.....
Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Its totally doable Rick!

I have been sober since my slip and doing well... Will be here to support you and me and everyone all weekend!

K
Old 07-05-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Sounds to me like you might have met one of our brothers Non , Us alcoholics are always trying to latch on to drinking buddies or this one was .
That thought definitely occurred to me. He looked fairly sloshed at 1130 in the morning. I don't know him, though, and our encounter was brief, so I can't say for sure.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Here i am...had a quiet productive day off, lots of laundry and washed the dog too.. This is my busy time at work...brandy new doctors and students..oy! ( never go to ER in july).
Going to work today and Sunday.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey fandy!

How about I never go to the ER. Been there done that! Lol

Glad you are doing well.