Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am a Meth addict and i need help on quiting before it kills me

Notices

I am a Meth addict and i need help on quiting before it kills me

Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MethRuinsLIFE

Question I am a Meth addict and i need help on quiting before it kills me

Hi there i am a 19yr old young woman , who loves to sing and make music , i like reading sometimes and i love my boyfriend who is also a song writer and producer , but is also a new meth addict, As for me i have been on and off meth for around 3 or more years to what i can remember but just this past year i have let the drug take over me and ruin everything in my life the bonds i had with my own family like my mother and my sister. We used to be so close until i started to use meth. now they wont even talk to me anymore because i use , and i started to push them away from me cause all i want to do is just that. Meth has also ruin my relationship with my boyfriend i had been with for 2 and 1/2 years he was so against the drug , i thought keeping it from him would be OK , well it wasn't it made his and my life hell because he would always find out and catch me lying so it made him not trust me , he loved me so much that he thought that doing the drug would make our relationship better, i kept telling him not to do it cause it will only ruin his life like it had been doing mine , but he didn't listen he is now addicted to meth (but not so much that he cant quit i hope) we are now broken up because he was up for 5 to 6 days without eating and he was hallucinating and he thought he was going to die from how much sweat he was sweating out, we then got in a huge fight and we both physically hit each other and now we aren't together anymore because he said he doesn't want to go back to this life , can somebody please help me with my situation and tell me how to quit or something to help me in my situation , because i love my family and my boyfriend, i need them in my life , and i no im addicted to meth but i also no i do not need meth in my life PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME ADVISE
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I was a meth addict, quit after I almost died overdosing on some poorly made junk. I just stopped. Wasn't easy, but near death gave me the strength to say no to the voice in my head that said, "One last line, Carl."

I quit, but I didn't "recover" from my addictive nature. Now I'm here for alcohol. So I suggest Narcotics Anonymous and get support from people who are clean.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Quick : You sound to me to be a good person , lost to drugs for the moment , but having the desire to come clean. That is the first step You never have to use meth again. You posted , stay here , post as often as you like , let us know how your feeling , it helps. Me , a 30 year addiction to cocaine and I'm telling you coming here will help , it helped me . Try other stuff too . There's the secular forum where AVRT is discussed , a way to deal with your addictive voice and there's NA in the phone book , you could talk to Someone to find help , a meeting. It is possible , to get out of the place your at. You can do it.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi
I've never done meth, but I've known addiction. I'm so sorry you've been dealing with all of this...not only your own addiction but your dear boyfriend's.
Have you ever thought of going to a support group, such as AA or NA? Also, Nar-Anon or Al-Anon would be helpful, most likely.
Take it one day at a time, One moment at a time. Message me if you need to talk at all. Coming here is a GREAT first step!
Best of luck.
Love & Light,
thuggybear.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome,

I'm really glad you found us.

I have no personal experience with meth, but I know that addiction can be beaten and there are many here who can validate that.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the site! We have a substance abuse forum if you want to post there also. I hope we can help you quit meth.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I'd suggest you get to an NA meeting. Today. NOW in fact. And keep going. You can get practical advice oh how to get through the day drug free as well, and tuned into local recovery resources.

I am SO glad you have decided to quit. Best to you. you won't regret it
Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi QuickLife - welcome to SR. Good for you - reaching out and looking to get clean!

So...did you go to a meeting? I'm an alcoholic and opiate addict so I don't know meth addiction - but I understand it's quite the brain-bully. Support seems mandatory and meetings of NA would probably be VERY helpful. I can't do this on my own and, knowing how addictive meth is, I doubt you can, either. The very good news is that there IS support! In the AA meetings I've gone to, people have been VERY welcoming and kind.
During withdrawal and early recovery, this is invaluable, even indispensable.

Kudos for coming to SR - check out some meetings! If you're afraid to go alone, you can call the local hotline/central service line, and perhaps get a meeting 'buddy' to go with you. Do you think you might need a more structured (detox) setting? Sometimes those can be extremely helpful, too.

Glad you're here - hang in there....there's a LOT of fantastic support here, not to mention great information, too.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MethRuinsLIFE

I know where there is some meetings here in my community and also everywhere around my city ,Its hard for me to even leave my house without meth being involved , every single one of my friends are addict to meth and also alot of my family members , How am i supposed to stay clean if my own family is addicted to meth also ? Even my boyfriends family is addicted to meth too , weve have both been talking about quiting for a very long time now , we both just never put our foot down and stood up to the plate and quit.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Quicklife View Post
How am i supposed to stay clean if my own family is addicted to meth also ?
You answered your own question. You do what you said you never did before. You...

"...put your foot down and stand up to the plate and quit."

I went to extraordinary lengths to keep myself addicted to drugs. I imagine you do to. You put that same effort into getting clean, and you have a chance.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know where there is some meetings here in my community and also everywhere around my city ,Its hard for me to even leave my house without meth being involved , every single one of my friends are addict to meth and also alot of my family members , How am i supposed to stay clean if my own family is addicted to meth also ? Even my boyfriends family is addicted to meth too , weve have both been talking about quiting for a very long time now , we both just never put our foot down and stood up to the plate and quit.
You will find that plate to step up to in Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous. I believe you know that.

Just call their number in the phone book and talk to someone. I'm sure they will come and pick you up and take you to your first meeting if you ask.

It will be the hardest thing you ever did to pass through that door to the meeting (it was for me and all that I know). Soon you will feel right at home at the meeting and won't want to leave (as millions have).

It will save your life.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How am i supposed to stay clean if my own family is addicted to meth also ? Even my boyfriends family is addicted to meth too , weve have both been talking about quiting for a very long time now , we both just never put our foot down and stood up to the plate and quit.
Welcome, I'm so glad to hear you've decided to quit. You are worth it and life can be so much better when it's not all about getting high.

How you are going to stay clean when there is meth all around you is not today's problem. There's no point in worrying about being clean over the long term and all the challenges that might come up. All that matters is that you find a way to not use today. I advise getting some support from a group and asking for help. Just take it hour by hour or minute by minute, if necessary.

Snipe.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You stay clean by not using, and not being around others who use Meth. Family or not, you must draw the line in the sand. You are young, and you have a life waiting for you. The one thing that needs to happen, is that you have to become number 1. The family members, the boyfriend, the friends.....Not one of them can make you quit, and stay quit. This is a road that has to be walked by you alone. NA is a place for people who are recovering from drug use. Please find all the resources you can, and use all of them. Post on here. Your life is waiting for you. Please do not let that stuff create any more damage. I am glad that you found us. We are here for support.