Notices

Hissy fit

Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm not normal :bounce

I think your reaction is perfectly normal. Fill in the blank ... it's not fair that I have _______________. It's just that we have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol. Others have diseases, broken bodies, etc.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post

Jesus Mid. Jesus is the answer
U said u are a Christian right? Start praying. Get in the Word. You said you were good friends with your pastor. Ask him to come over and sit with you. Sounds like you had him over when u were drinking. The answers are there, your comfort is there. You have to take it by faith.

Philippians 4:13
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christs who strengthens me.

You got through labor with 4 kids. Just hang tough.
5 kids deeker! . 5 labours lol!

Yes I am gojng to spend the rest of today in the word. He is the only way. Absolutely.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MemphisBlues View Post
I realized I was making progress when I stopped looking at normal people being different than me and realized I wanted what they had -- the ability to be comfortable in their own skin without thinking of using or drinking.

I still resent the hell of them, of course.
Yes. I want that too. Seems so far away though. Using is much easier. Arghhhhhh. I will do it. I have to.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruce292 View Post
I'm not normal :bounce

I think your reaction is perfectly normal. Fill in the blank ... it's not fair that I have _______________. It's just that we have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol. Others have diseases, broken bodies, etc.
You are perfectly right. We just put those stupid drugs up way to high on he hierarchy of what's important!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have found that the way I get out of my head, and get into a positive space is to offer my support to others who are struggling. There are many people here that could use a few words of encouragement. What if you gave some love out to others? We have all struggled in one form or another. Good luck to you MLC!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks, yeah jn have been trying to post on some newcomer threads. I often feel like I have nothing to offer.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Thanks, yeah jn have been trying to post on some newcomer threads. I often feel like I have nothing to offer.
You have a lot to offer MLC. You know what this is about. Have you joined the thread for your sober month?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks.

Yeah I have. I kind of feel like I can't keep up!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks.

Yeah I have. I kind of feel like I can't keep up!
I felt the same way with my month also. I think that you are doing great. Hang in there! You are over the worst part.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

5 kids deeker! . 5 labours lol!

Yes I am gojng to spend the rest of today in the word. He is the only way. Absolutely.
Five?????? Ahhhh, see u r stronger than you think.

Good Girl. here's a nice song. Remember Midlife when you get through this which you will, you will be so much stronger for it. Mid- God is gonna use this whole situation and you are gonna have an amazing testimony to share with others who are struggling and you will be able to encourage them and get them through it. You will be able to share your faith. God is going to get you through this but you have to fully trust him. So don't let other people do what God called you to do girly.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you deeker. Love that song, perfect.

Yeah. I know there's a plan and I even have an inkling as to what it is. Having such a battle of spirit vs flesh at the moment.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you deeker. Love that song, perfect.

Yeah. I know there's a plan and I even have an inkling as to what it is. Having such a battle of spirit vs flesh at the moment.
Armor of God prayer, u know it? Put it on everyday. Eph 6:10-19

gotta stop your mind from going to the I can'ts.

And start going to the I cans
Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yeah I know it well. I seem to constantly want to choose to sit in my misery and mental obsession with drugs. I know the scriptures quite well and there is always more to learn. I need to be more disciplined!!!! Discipline. Self control, one of the fruits of the spirit!

Thank you deeker
Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I can!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

MLC, I think it's great you're posting to newcomers....you have MUCH to share....keep posting. I also think helping others, helps us too
Old 05-25-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
MLC, I think it's great you're posting to newcomers....you have MUCH to share....keep posting. I also think helping others, helps us too
Happy Memorial Day weekend!

The hard part will be over soon. think of your savior. Focus on him not your uncomfortable feelings. You can do this Midlife and Jesus is right here with you. Think of those children and a life you can have with them not being in a fog. Look at their little faces. Do it for them Mid. Think about the suffering Jesus went thru on the cross for you.You can do this for him, for yourself, your family.

Mid ur inbox is full. wanted to send u a song. Go google it Who Am I- Casting Crowns
Do you have any NA literature, let me know
Old 05-25-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I can!
That's the spirit woohooo!

But u don't have to do it alone! WE CAN!!!!! Go commit to staying 24 Hours clean and sober at 24 Hour Club! It helps me and seems to be helping other. Commiting makes us accountable.

Thread is called We will stay clean and sober 24 Hours sign up sheet- hang with the winners!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

The hard part will be over soon. think of your savior. Focus on him not your uncomfortable feelings. You can do this Midlife and Jesus is right here with you. Think of those children and a life you can have with them not being in a fog. Look at their little faces. Do it for them Mid. Think about the suffering Jesus went thru on the cross for you.You can do this for him, for yourself, your family.

Mid ur inbox is full. wanted to send u a song. Go google it Who Am I- Casting Crowns
Do you have any NA literature, let me know
I have that song on my pjone! Love it, thanks. I'm not sure if I still have my NA stuff or not. It may be in the shed and it would be 15 years old! I will read the rest if your post later, it's after midnight here and my head is pounding. Thanks agajn
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Yes you/we CAN
Anyway CAN'T is a 4 letter word and you are too much of a lady to use that kind of language
Have a great memorial day week end and hang in there girl. It will get better!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I have that song on my pjone! Love it, thanks. I'm not sure if I still have my NA stuff or not. It may be in the shed and it would be 15 years old! I will read the rest if your post later, it's after midnight here and my head is pounding. Thanks agajn
nite nite, excedrin migraine. Works great for headaches.