Notices

I cant do this

Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Gosh. Waiting until the vision shakes die down before you drive!

It does suck that benzos have some of the longest withdrawals and it feels like it will never end. But it does. One day soon, you will wake up and the room will have stopped spinning.

Another funny benzo side effect I had: everything tasted extremely salty for the first two weeks of withdrawals. I still remember eating a plain bagel with nothing on it and spitting it out because it tasted so salty lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have noticed that things taste stronger, not neceaasarily salty though. Actually all my senses are in overdrive. I am super light sensitive, I got that last time I tried to quit. I hear the smallest sounds like across the road or something and it feels like it is coming from inside my own head. I am also so sensitive to smell. The family was eating chicken last night and I couldn't even bear to be near them as it smelled so chickeny. It's like being pregnant.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Inside your shaking body, the fog is lifting from your brain......we can read it in your posts - well done
Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks. I still feel like jn looking through fog. The real fog freaked me out the other day lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The fact that you are well enough to even think you can get behind the wheel is a good sign. The fact you actually got behind the wheel -- not so good.

You're doing great. If you aren't feeling that your symptoms are worsening you are well on your way to healing.

Please just give this some time. Just accept you are going to feel like crap for a couple of weeks. Try to pamper yourself. Every day you make it not reinstating a benzo the better you will be.

At 2 1/2 weeks I was hitting the ER with sky-high blood pressure, muscle spasms, auditory hallucinations, stroke-level heart rate. It took four trips to the ER until I was finally admitted blathering like a psychotic (and I was psychotic).

Each trip to the ER they thought I was having a heart attack, or that I had a heart attack.

You are doing incredibly well.

Thanks for your courage.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
jkb

Hang in there... I know exactly what you are going through with the damn benzo wd. I survived it and you can too.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks Memphis. Awful stuff you went through. Hopefully I have avoided all of that. These drugs really mess us up for awhile.

I am hoping I am through the worst. I haven't gotten worse since I posted this thread so I am hoping that was the peak. I guess time will tell, I know it can come in waves. It's 3 weeks since I went into detox (but the first day doesn't count lol) and a week since I was discharged with half a Valium.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Hang in there... I know exactly what you are going through with the damn benzo wd. I survived it and you can too.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Glad to see you're still hanging in there!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Nice to see that you're progressing! Hang in there for just a little while longer & things will start to get better. The fact that you're not getting worse is a great sign!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It is soooo good to see you are hanging in there!! Hope you find sleep tonight and some peace tomorrow!! You are such an inspiration!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks guys
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're getting through this, MLC.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks. I still have a ways to go but I am still not getting worse at this stage. I can't wait for the world to stop spinning. Fighting lots of drug thoughts today.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just wanted to add my cheers to the others....
GO Midlife GO!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thank you artsoul!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

MLC. You are doing an amazing thing for yourself. You will get through this. There is an endless amount of support here for you, and everybody has gathered with love and positivity. What you are struggling with is not easy. Just keep pushing through, one moment, one day at a time. The fog will lift, and you will begin to find balance with all of this. I hope that your children and husband are well. They need you. Take care of you MLC.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yeah benzos and booze, my two favorite poisons also. I am fairly experience in the dual withdrawal. I cold turkeyed both at the same time.

Honestly, it takes a long time before you feel like you are normal again. Generally it's very slow, but extremely well worth it in the end. I was doing 2-3mg of lorazepam a day with 12-18 beers a day.

I know exactly what you're going through. Those brain popping feelings. Feeling like bugs are crawling all over you. Maybe hallucinations. Extreme anxiety. For a while during my first couple months I would have these weird sensations in my brain that felt like popcorn was popping in there.

After about 2 weeks I could start to function again. After a month I was doing a bit better. After 3 months I felt like I was probably 60% normal. After 6 months I'd say I felt 75-80% normal. Now at just over a year I can say I feel about 90% normal.

A safe bet is to not stay alone within the first week. You could have a grand mal seizure. I was on seizure watch at detox for the first few days.

EDIT: Forgot to say, good job for getting sober. It's the hardest thing you'll ever have to do
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for the encouragement and for sharing. I can't wait for the world to stop spinning.