Notices

I cant do this

Old 05-19-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cant do this

Omgosh, the withdrawals are SO bad. I can barely walk, I feel like I am dragging my feet wearing lead boots. I constantly feel like I'm on a trampoline, the world is going up and down, up and down. Everything is swimming. And the headaches that nothing will take away. And the random body spasms that happen every 20 seconds or so all day ( and all night my husband says.)

I am trying to down play how awful I feel because hubby is worried about leaving me to go back to work tomorrow .... But he absolutely has to.

I don't think I can do this. Stupid addict head. Stupid Benzos. Sorry to whinge again but this is so hard and only one thing would make it better. End of day 5 since I got out of detox.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

Of course you can do this MLC. You HAVE been doing it. Hang in there; this could be the VERY LAST time you have to go through something like this. Once you're out the other side you can look back and say "I DID IT", I don't ever have to do that again!

Prayin' for ya.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's just so full on. My brain and the everywhere under my skin is shaking all the time and sometimes it feels like its burning. I honestly don't know how I can do life like this. Life won't wait.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I am having good thoughts for you.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is you've done 5 days...day by day things will improve.
You're doing this MLC - don't let your fear or frustration make you forget that.

Go back and read that great bollocking you gave your addiction yesterday

D
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You CAN do this MLC. It will get easier each day. stick with it-you really don't want to go back to where you were. Can you get help with childcare when your husband is back at work tomorrow to enable you to sleep,rest etc?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are scared. I can relate to that. But don't let fear stop you from becoming that woman and Mum you deserve to be.

Take things slowly, don't let your mind race ahead.

I've many of the same issues you have MLC, I'm just a little way further along the path than you. Follow in my footsteps...scary for sure, but SO WORTH IT xxx
Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MLC you ARE so doing this! You can't quit now!!!! Remind yourself that the feeling physical and emotional that you are feeling now are purely WITHDRAWAL. What you are going through now is not how your sober life is going to be.

Your alcohol/drug is acting like a toddler kicking and screaming that it wants you right now!!!!!!! Complete temper tantrum. Fists in balls.

But if you don't give in the tantrum slowly quiets. I promise you if you stick this out you will really see what living is. Just give it time and ride this wave.

Please font think I'm judging because in not just rooting for a fellow mommy! Want you to feel what I now feel 41 days clean.

Always here for support!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

What ImperfectlyMe said, you go for it!
Get through this and you won't have to do it again.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

MLC, as others have said, this is the last time you're going to have to get clean. Congrats on 5 days. You're doing great.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie - I was thinking about you. You are doing great by staying clean one day at a time. The withdrawls are HORRIBLE and with each passing day they will get BETTER. One day you will look back and realize you never want to go through this again.

Please take it minute by minute and try to stay busy to keep the bad thoughts out of your head. You can do this!

Always remember you are a valued person on SR and you have many people who support you.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Congrats on day 5 Praying for you
Old 05-19-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my whining.

These symptoms are really scary. I'm lying here awake in bed as my husband snores while my body just twitches and shakes, it's crazy. The worst bit is my head. It feels so full like its about to explode. If I could have one symptom taken away that would be it.

Argh.

Thank you all.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

All that you described are the worst. They will lessen soon and you will feel better. If you are on any medication check with your doctor to see if you are able to take any natural herbs and vitamins.

There are ones that seem to help with sleep and anxiety. You also might need a good multivitamin that will help your body repair. I will look into some and send to you, but first please check with your doctor because you do not want to have a reaction.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Have you ever thought of seeing a psychiatrist? I've done it, many people here have done it.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 6 is just around the corner....you ARE doing it
Old 05-19-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I really hope they lessen soon. I've heard that the nerves actually have to regrow which takes time.
I have a multi vitamin plus extra magnesium and flaxseed oil. Not sure what else to take, maybe melatonin?

I am seeing a counsellor and have seen psychs in the past. I don't feel anxious apart from about the way I feel physically. They have increased my anti depressants too.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Day 6 is just around the corner....you ARE doing it
Thanks. I just wish I knew what I was counting to!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Count 24 hours. Break it up if you have to. Take one of these as your go through you day.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Here is a link to a website on natural remedies to help ease with withdrawls. I do not believe you have to buy this product because I have not tried it, but look at what is in it and you can probably purchase cheaper. Withdrawal-Ease

Your body chemistry is out of whack right now and your body is readjusting. You just need to give it a little boost to help in recovery.

Research online - Vitamins and minerals for addiction recovery.

I know that me having a fruit smoothie and a V8 Vegetable juice daily has helped me tremendously. Treat your body gently during your recovery. Also look for a natural sleep remedy. Sleep is so important to the body.