Notices

I cant do this

Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Make sure u r being honest with yourself. Tell hubby how u feel now. Don't set yourself up for failure. your disease is telling you I can't wait till hubby goes back to work so I can......

Don't do it Mid! Make yourself accountable to someone in here. Make a promise that you are gonna come in here before you make a bad decision tomorrow. Be accountable. You can do this. Time to put on them big girl panties, you can do this .
Old 05-19-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
MLC it really impresses me what you have achieved. I am no expert but I think things will get better as your body comes back to normal. Go girl!!
Thank you. I feel like I have so far so to go but nothing can be worse than how things have been while using.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
They tried to do a fast taper when I was in rehab but I ended up in the nurses' station not knowing where I was. Thank god they were able to reach the doctor and do a slower taper. I was so scared of seizing out.

I'm so glad you're doing ok and hanging in there! People don't realize that there are really only two drugs that can kill you through withdrawals alone: alcohol and benzos.

Keep pushing. You'll reach that break through point soon.
Benzos and alcohol. 2 legal drugs. Crazy. Thanks for your input, glad you got to do a slow taper.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Make sure u r being honest with yourself. Tell hubby how u feel now. Don't set yourself up for failure. your disease is telling you I can't wait till hubby goes back to work so I can......

Don't do it Mid! Make yourself accountable to someone in here. Make a promise that you are gonna come in here before you make a bad decision tomorrow. Be accountable. You can do this. Time to put on them big girl panties, you can do this .
He knows I'm not well. I have barely been out of bed since I got home 6 days ago. He just seemed really stressed so I really made the biggest effort to get up and do stuff like make the school lunches. I just don't want him to have to worry, I want to get better and be better. I'm not going to go back to it as much as I feel like I can't do this.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

We are all rooting for you! I've been reading your posts for a while, I am so happy to see you getting up that hill. You're doing great!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tamerua View Post
We are all rooting for you! I've been reading your posts for a while, I am so happy to see you getting up that hill. You're doing great!
Thanks. Am getting there, very slowly.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

wheres God in all this,mid? keepin close to Him?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
He knows I'm not well. I have barely been out of bed since I got home 6 days ago. He just seemed really stressed so I really made the biggest effort to get up and do stuff like make the school lunches. I just don't want him to have to worry, I want to get better and be better. I'm not going to go back to it as much as I feel like I can't do this.
Good Girl!!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
wheres God in all this,mid? keepin close to Him?
I'm trying. I've been praying a fair bit and trying to deal with my guilt, etc. I've started doing a study of the proverbs, just a short daily thing. I need to start putting my audio bible on again on my phone as reading from a book is pretty much impossible at the moment with my eyes and head the way it is.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Thanks. Am getting there, very slowly.
I am heavily rooting for you. I am ashamed to say that I have detoxed from alcohol/drugs soooo many times in the past...it almost became normal as sick as that sounds. The symptoms are horrid and ugly, and during the process it seems that you will never feel ok again...but then suddenly it lifts. THEN the real fight starts. I used to always get through a detox and then tell myself "it wasn't that bad, I am using again I am tough"....how crazy is that!?

Just letting you know you have support out there....keep posting, you will get through this.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

MLC -- I've been following your saga but never posted since I've never taken a single benzo and so I felt I had little to add.

But I just have to say... reading your posts now vs a few weeks ago the difference is HUGE. You may not feel very clear-headed at the moment, but the clarity of your thoughts as expressed through your posts is night and day better as compared to a few weeks ago.

I am very impressed with everything you have done, and I am thankful that you are here.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks heaps goat
Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Goat, I've lurked quite alot, and followed your posts a bit. Your clarity of thought and your conviction is SO CLEAR in your recent posts. I can tell such a distinct difference in the way that you communicate since your return from detox.

I'm really proud of ya I wish you the best of luck in all this, lady.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow, that's amazing, thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I also notice such a big difference in you in such a short time. You can do this. You ARE doing this. Reach out and accept as much help as is available. And know that you have an army of Internet friends pushing you slowly forward through this difficult time.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Marcher

MLC, I'm cheering for you! I have 3 children and I know how you feel about the guilt, etc. But set the guilt aside for now anyway. It will not help. I am recovering from opiates. Last year my doctor gave me benzo to taper from opiates. They made me a zombie and I remember nothing while on them. Then when they ran out I felt like my brain was on fire and anxiety, shaking all that. I had no idea it was w/d from benzos! I thought it was from the opiates so I started taking more opiates until it finally stopped. Only much later did I learn (from this site!) it was from benzo w/d. Now I will never take another benzo. The w/d from opiates was bad, but not as bad as benzo. And I didn't even take them that much. So I feel your pain.
Can you get help from your church? I ask because you mentioned your pastor in previous post. Don't let pride keep you from recovery. You don't have to do it alone. You really don't.
And you aren't alone here, that's for sure!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You're doing great, Mid. I really think you're going to avoid the worst of what you can read online or take away from my story. Do keep posting. And getting up to make lunch? Amazing stuff.

Yeah, benzos are wicked. I certainly don't mean to downplay withdrawal from any substance -- heck, pot carries a wicked price -- but it's just so counter-intuitive that the benzo whammy hits after the drug has actually left your system and not during the body's initial purging.

Please do everything you can to give yourself time, time to heal, time to rest, time for the brain to rewire.

Your resolve is inspiring to newcomers and old timers alike.

Good stuff.

Just remember that during all of this suffering it can only get better. Slowly it will get better.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks heaps guys.

I really hope I get better sooner rather than later memphis. It's crazy this withdrawal from such a widely prescribed drug. Gah.

I tried to drive today. Omigawsh, bad idea!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah maybe leave the driving for a few more days, MLC

D
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Yeah. I made it home but it doesn't seem real. I feel like I'm on LSD.