Notices

Moms club 2013

Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I haven't contributed much to this thread, but I read everything that is posted, and send silent good wishes to veteran and new posters.

I am struggling, and find strength in knowing there are other moms out there like me.

I have realized that there is no "one and done" scenario. I can't have just one glass of wine. It sets off something in my head and body that needs more alcohol. Even if it means I am I not able to read stories to my children without skipping pages because I am so tired and anticipating the 3 am panic attack.

ElegantlyWasted nailed it. (See her posts.) Ultimately there is nothing good about being drunk.

Fries your brain cells, sets your nerves on fire, and there is a slow, ugly burn in the morning. And while you might need water to put it out, you reach for something different.

Damn. Never wanted to go back there.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the newcomers to this thread!

Blackbird, I love the Beatles. My favourite band of all time... happy to see your sig.

Failing here, still drinking consistently for the past 4 days. The withdrawals are so hellish, I don't think I'm going to even try until I see the dr on thursday.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having a hard time anewpage, I had been drinking off and on since I joined this site in April. This seems to be the first time I am actually taking it serious.
Well I just returned from an AA meeting. It was a big book study, then discussion after. I met some really great people, some that have been at AA meetings with me before. I always walk out of there feeling so good, with a clear head. However I am now craving pretty bad. Today is day 4 for me and I usually give in on day 4. If I can get to day 5 I will be very proud of myself. I'm pretty broke right now lol We get paid Thursday so more than likely, I'm staying sober till then, and then hopefully till the following Thursday...and many after that. Taking it 24 hours at a time. I haven't been sober in a week for about a year now. I hope my craving passes, I can do this right? I hate day 4!!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Java you can do this it is so hard at first try and ride out the storm I promise it does get easier!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Well I finally had one of those bad dreams about drinking. I dreamt I succumbed to the bottle of brandy. Was just like it used to be...I had the brandy in a glass and kept moving it from one hiding place to another. This time my husband wasn't "looking the other way" like he used to, but looking at me with this awful hurt and disappointment in his eyes:-(

II tell you....I was sooooo happy to wake up and know it was just a dream!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I've had some of those dreams they can really mess with your head! But always remind me that even though sometimes I fantasize that drinking again would be great... It really won't.

It's Luke that Brady was reaching out to you in a dream, like an a-hole x boyfriend! But you are on the winning end.

You made it through your visit while having your drink of choice in the house! Be very proud!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I love them too anewpage. Music is a big help to me. I made a sober playlist and listen to it everyday.
I found a lot of songs from a thread on this site. If you serch sober playlist you will find it.
Maybe you are not fed up yet anewpage? I look at alcohol as poison. Because it is a poison to me. Addiction is so hard and the fear of quitting or getting help is way worse than actually doing it. This addiction only gets worse. Keep posting, just being here shows you have a desire not to drink, and that is a good step. Take care
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I have two children, an older teenager and a middle school-aged child. I have been sober for three months. The Daily Reflections yesterday talked some about guilt and I suspect that we moms have more than our share of that most days for the lost days, weeks, months, years that we weren't totally present or present at all sometimes.

All I can do is be present today.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Thanks lovejava, I agree. In AA, we are asked to make amends to all the people we have hurt by our addiction. Just the act of staying sober is an amends. Congrats on 3 mo! That is awesome!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Just got a chuckle the guys started a dads club! Woman always do it first glad they did though having other moms to talk with helps me alot!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good Morning Moms!

I'd like to join the group! I've been around SR for a while and was able to run 6 mos sober. But, I've been drinking for about the last year. Time to get back on track.

I've read through some of the thread - am going to finish after this post - you're all so supportive! And, of course, you'll understand the guilt and remorse. Ugh! Day 1 is tough in the guilt department. At least I know tomorrow will be much, much better.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Welcome sadsoul. Congrats on day 1!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Sadsoul glad to have you in the group! How old are your kids?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Sadsoul! We are glad you joined us. There is a lot of support here, which is very helpful...especially on those tough days!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Just so's ya know, I started a "what are you doing with the kids this summer?" thread in the Relationships & Parenting forum with hopes that we'll get moms AND dads weighing in. Hop over and check it out.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome! I needed that

My kids are 11 and 13. I so want them to respect me and be able to depend on me. I rarely drink in front of them but they're old enough now that they must wonder.

I used to drink mostly at night to make the evenings more 'fun'. Yeah right - not hardly. I was getting worse and worse ... not remembering going to bed etc. etc.

I have SO MUCH mom guilt right now. I sure hope that as I rack up the sober days the kids bad memories of me will fade. I don't really know what they know and I don't want to ask them about it or bring it up.

It is going to be rough couple of weeks though. My husband still drinks a lot and booze is in the house (that isn't going to change). I just have to accept it and deal with it. I've done it before - just need to do it for good this time.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Sadsoul and welcome.

Hope to see you Javamama starting out on your day 5.

Congrats on day 50 Imperfectly great news

Talking of dream, the first dream I've had in a while was last night about lots of red type scorpion/lobsters trying to nip their claws at me but some how I manged to keep moving away just in the nick of time. It was really creep and woke me.

1st day back at work and it's going ok, nice to have something to keep my mind busy.

Hope your all doing ok

xx
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Me again, it helps so much when I have a free few mins to myself to log on here instead of let my head spin with all sorts of crazy thoughts.

The children have just left to sleep at my MIL as it's school holidays and I have work tomorrow. It is so tempting to have a few drinks, as soon as they left I wanted to go to the shop.

To distract myself from a boozed fueled evening on the sofa I have found a local slimming world group which starts at 7.30. Thank goodness may as well make this a fresh start all round.

xx
Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Great job dorris
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

FYI.... I just did a ***** search on moms and alcohol.

CRAZY this tiny tiny thread comes up #9.